Update Openpandora.ca?

It's new, but it might just be a joke. That's MWeston's website. It's possible that he's got evidence to prove that it won't ship until October, but more likely, the recent development that it should be shipping by October (assuming that no catastrophes occur, knock on wood) prompted him to make that joke, as the Pandora was initially going to ship in Oct. 2008 after the first round of pre-orders.

I think it's highly probable that most people will get them in October- if the first 100 ship some time mid-September (optimistic), those people will likely receive them late September or so. So the rest would go out after that some time.

I am thinking to change my shipping method to UPS or something like that.
Really I forgot what method I chose. :D
Can someone remember what shipping methods could be chosen?

Thanks!!!

TheRain said:
I think it's highly probable that most people will get them in October- if the first 100 ship some time mid-September (optimistic), those people will likely receive them late September or so. So the rest would go out after that some time.

That's still 2 months from now...
It have always been 2 months from now, since I pre-order.
Pandora team should be lock in some kind of time distortion field. A very efficient one...

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
TheRain said:

That's still 2 months from now...
It have always been 2 months from now, since I pre-order.
Pandora team should be lock in some kind of time distortion field. A very efficient one...

2 months? 26 of August-> 1 of October

JUST 1 MONTH

Theres been tons of estimates by the devs but I guess its possible. I'm not convinced that 4000 pandora's can be built, loaded with firmware, and tested within two months considering where we are now. I'd be happy if I get it before Christmas at this point though.

Gusarapo said:

Thanks!!!
From the email:
Air Mail shipping $19
UPS 24/48 hr shipping $45

No offense but, after waiting for so long that a few more days wouldn't matter, the $25 less option was good enough. :)

Obligatory.
twomonths.png

We might want to wait for MWeston to make an official comment on the matter before continuing speculation.

</speculation>

Tensuke said:
Gusarapo said:

Thanks!!!
From the email:
Air Mail shipping $19
UPS 24/48 hr shipping $45

No offense but, after waiting for so long that a few more days wouldn't matter, the $25 less option was good enough. :)

You forget one thing. Not everybody lives in England and I don't trust my postal service.

Um, this thread is getting somewhat offtopic I think, but I have to ask. I choose Airmail because of all the stuff I've read about UPS. Anyone think it's a bad choice to choose Airmail? I live in Swe.

Back