Two Led's On The Right Side?

nikkopt

According to this render, there is only one led on the right side, labeled "power/charge". But on this pcb, there are two led's.

My question is obvious :p , is the second led used to add another color? Or a new status led has been added?
(i'm only asking because 2-color led's are cheap too)

Sorry if this question has already been answered.

It be nice if the power light glows blue instead of the ordinary green. Something that makes the Pandora have a 'quick identifying' feature, something you can recognize from a distance and tell its a Pandora if its in a dark room, for example :)

I guess that's what the hardware modders are for :)

MDave said:
It be nice if the power light glows blue instead of the ordinary green. Something that makes the Pandora have a 'quick identifying' feature, something you can recognize from a distance and tell its a Pandora if its in a dark room, for example :)

Not that I would refuse the Pandora, but I've actually avoided hardware sporting obnoxious blue LEDs. :rolleyes: Those that are purchased anyway are quickly met with either a black sharpie or a green LED retrofit. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
mechanizeddeath said:
MDave said:

Not that I would refuse the Pandora, but I've actually avoided hardware sporting obnoxious blue LEDs. :rolleyes: Those that are purchased anyway are quickly met with either a black sharpie or a green LED retrofit. :lol:

hmmm better not comment about the sheer ammount of blue that comes off my desktop setup, although i do find it as a bit of shooting myself in the foot as i now cant sleep with it on as even with the monitors off my entire room is lit up lol.
Must say that i do like blue power LEDs find it far more modern looking than green, but thats just personal oppinion

NeORomani said:
+1 blue led
How about we put LEDs like, all around the edges, except with one of those pieces of plastic that makes it look like a bar of light, then when we turn the Pandora on it can, like make a spot of light travel around the case while it's booting :p

(haha i'd probably sit there for hours just turning it on and off to see the cool lights :lol: )

aaron11193 said:
How about we put LEDs like, all around the edges, except with one of those pieces of plastic that makes it look like a bar of light, then when we turn the Pandora on it can, like make a spot of light travel around the case while it's booting :p

(haha i'd probably sit there for hours just turning it on and off to see the cool lights :lol: )
And then it says: 'I'm the Openpandora Inc. 3000' and you go nuts :D

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlt4GQ45TXg

Blue power light would conflict with Pandora's bluetooth LED, which just happens to be blue :)

However, you can mix both the red and green lights to give you a pink power light if you want :)

Squidge said:
Blue power light would conflict with Pandora's bluetooth LED, which just happens to be blue :)
AAAHHH! :eek: Nooooo!

I dislike surface mount soldering. I wonder how long the sharpie mask will last in my pocket though? :unsure:

Edit: Wait a second though, I don't have any BT devices. I'll just leave it off then. :D

I've always been a fan of a lovely forest green LED setup I saw on a laptop once. Much more attractive and stylish than the dayglow green you see everywhere else.

I really dislike LEDs (when they are switched on) for portable, small battery-powered devices. LEDs suck power. A single LED can kill a car battery in a month. There's a LED on my Palm PDA, and it _only_ runs when the device is plugged into the charging cradle. That's the only time I'm fine with a LED.

Locri Epizephyrii said:
I've always been a fan of a lovely forest green LED setup I saw on a laptop once. Much more attractive and stylish than the dayglow green you see everywhere else.
Agreed. I'd like to keep it green, but not the typical kind of green you see in LEDs

bluetooth being blue... makes sense

Balzac2m said:
I surely hope there is a possiblity to turn off all leds.
As far as I know there is, that's why I haven't been yelling bloody murder all over the place! :D

Balzac2m said:
I surely hope there is a possiblity to turn off all leds.
I realize there's probably going to be a much less destructive way to do this in software, but if you're really adamant about never seeing the light blink...

*unscrews case fasteners*
*snip!
*snip!
*seals it all back up

There ya go!

I always stick Blu-Tac over obnoxious LEDs eg. Speakers, Freeview Box, Monitor. In particular i'm on about the ones which exist purely to tell you the device is on... if I can see or hear it then I already know!

:rolleyes:

_Sterling said:
I realize there's probably going to be a much less destructive way to do this in software, but if you're really adamant about never seeing the light blink...

*unscrews case fasteners*
*snip!
*snip!
*seals it all back up

There ya go!
Yeah but that leaves holes in the case!

Back