Uae4all Gp2x V0.6.4

You know Wizkid was a C64 game originally? Of course you do.

My friend and I played it till we finished it. Especially cool as the 2nd player can control the "cat" when you get that powerup. Awesome stuff!

Someone said they had problems with Giana sisters? works great here, same version I tried on the gizmondo version.

No crackers message at the start so no idea which version it is though, try different versions whoever it was. ;)

Someone said they had problems with Giana sisters? works great here, same version I tried on the gizmondo version.

No crackers message at the start so no idea which version it is though, try different versions whoever it was. ;)
Thank Goodness for that... I was fearing a minor compiler difference :)

I guess it's the Red Shift thing, then. As someone else reported, things work fine if you have sound switched off at the start with that version, IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been re-playing wizkid as well, it's amazing how fast you forget (or has it really been over 10 years?) the solutions to the puzzles.

I also forgot how the game tricks you into ending levels without fully solving them - I DO remember you need all 9 kittens or you can't enter the last level.

Tested this version now for several days and I must say I am very impressed. The disk saving function works perfectly and this makes a lot of games more attractive.

I used WINGS as testing game and am now pretty hooked up to this ancient arcade flight sim. There are some flaws in the emulation like I think sprites that are not always visible (when strafing in this game) and of course speed/sound jitter but hey... It was for a long time considered as impossible to emulate the wonderful amiga...

I will donate for sure when the new paycheck is in...

thank you

Has anyone tried Chaos Engine in 6.4?

It does not seem to work for me after loading right up to selecting players.

If it works please post info on version and settings here or on wiki page.

Also does anyone know if Desert Strike has screen overlaid score/direction/weopons graphics, checked it on the PC WinUAE and it does not seem to but im still unsure as it seems odd not to see anything to help you.

thx

Has anyone tried Chaos Engine in 6.4?

It does not seem to work for me after loading right up to selecting players.

If it works please post info on version and settings here or on wiki page.
I haven't been able to get it to work - it crashes uae4all. I've tried the Fairlight crack, emu bias full CPU, sound either on or off.

Also does anyone know if Desert Strike has screen overlaid score/direction/weopons graphics, checked it on the PC WinUAE and it does not seem to but im still unsure as it seems odd not to see anything to help you.
Er... then maybe you never played it in the past. If you look at these screenshots:

http://hol.abime.net/332/screenshot

You can see that the score's only shown when you bring up the mission screen.

Hi all! I've just downloaded this for the first time today & I'm having a a little trouble it! So, far, I've managed to get it to play Stunt Car Racer (the only game I've tried so far), so I believe that all of my files are set up correctly. However, a problem arises when I try to go to the CPU speed selector .... any speed that I select just seems to crash the emulator. I've done a little bit of digging around & found something that said this was fixed in 0.6.3. but I'm using 0.6.4.

My file structure for this set up as follows ...

\EMULATORS\uae4all\uae4all.gpe

with all the relevant files in the uae4all directory.

Firmware 2.1.0 & loading from Gmenu2X

Any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

has anyone working Worms ? I have just black screen - fw 2.1, uae 0.64, Kickstart 1.3 (34.5) (A500-A2500-A3000-CDTV) (Commodore-Cloanto) (1987) [o] [h].rom

Back