Uae4all Gp2x V0.6.4

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
Amiga emulator for GP2X - Uae4all Gp2x V0.6.4 - has been updated with following changes:

20061113 - version 0.6.4
- Added disk writing. Auto save in the main menu defaults to 'on', which will cause any writes to disk to be written into the saves directory under the dir in which uae4all is stored.
- Defaulted sound to 'on'.

UAE4ALL GP2x Homepage

Just to be double extra super clear: THIS IS NOT SAVESTATE SUPPORT. It's just writing to disk and reading the changes back, just as the original Amiga supported.

Asked about the lack of disk-writing only a few days ago... And It is fixed !!! Wow this will lead to a donation on payday....

Great news... Will test this version tonight !

Asked about the lack of disk-writing only a few days ago... And It is fixed !!! Wow this will lead to a donation on payday....

Great news... Will test this version tonight !

Disk writing is great indeed: Stunt Car Racer!

Btw I promise my second donation for savestates. Imagine playing SWOS without disk loading and without being forced to go through all those title and menu screens.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great, im off work sick and on the front page is a lynx and uae4all update - Wonderful :D

Nice work critical, Thank You

BTW Has anybody got wizball to work, ive tried several different disc images and some get further than others but none run, just wondering if I have bad images?

Ok has anyone actually gotten a saved game to load?

I have tried Wings, ZakMcKracken and PGA tour golf, all see to create an ads file in the saves dir but none will load the difference.

you're right, that list is totally obsolete now..
but it's hard to keep up with your new versions everyday :)

If anyone has some time to spare, perhaps the compatibility list is in need of an update:

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/UAE4all
Well, there's nothing that would affect compatibility since the 0.6.1 change to Chui's latest FAME/C core, as far as I know.

Iorgy77: apparently others have succeeded, and I managed to check changes to my workbench disk.

Ok has anyone actually gotten a saved game to load?

I have tried Wings, ZakMcKracken and PGA tour golf, all see to create an ads file in the saves dir but none will load the difference.

I gave gunship a quick try ... when I replayed it nothing was saved !!!
Anyone better luck ?

Settlers works fine for me using 0.6.4. I had sound on, and used full CPU emu bias (don't know whether that was necessary though).

As to whether Settlers is playable or not - yes, except for its use of overscan which means that the icons at the bottom are partially obscured. I've got plans for sorting that out. Playing without a mouse isn't the end of the world - I've found you do get used to controlling a cursor with the joystick... if you didn't, Lemmings would have never been so successful on non-mouse platforms.

Note that it would help greatly if, when reporting problems, you specify what settings you've tried, and the disk name. Always try with sound on and emu bias on full CPU before reporting a problem - it's the most compatible setting.

I though that saving to disk was supported in previous versions. When exiting a game or after a reset my rosters in flight sims seemed to be saved but when resetting the gp2x all saved stuff was lost. The same things seems to happen now...

So saving to disk was kept somehow in memory ??
But was not kept after restarting the gp2x??

Has anything changed in this last version. My saved stuff from this afternoon is gone

I though that saving to disk was supported in previous versions. When exiting a game or after a reset my rosters in flight sims seemed to be saved but when resetting the gp2x all saved stuff was lost. The same things seems to happen now...

So saving to disk was kept somehow in memory ??
But was not kept after restarting the gp2x??

Has anything changed in this last version. My saved stuff from this afternoon is gone
How did you exit uae4all? I guess if you just switched off, there's a chance the sync() to SD card may not have occurred. I can look at that... I didn't do extensive testing.

btw, dosteridge: Wizzball works fine for me. A classic ;)

Back