Uae4all Gp2x V0.6.4

I still cannot get saves to work on any of my games, it saves them fine as I can see the files created but it just will not load them. I tried it on the lowest emu bias setting as suggested above as well.

I am using firmware 2.0.1

PGA tour golf has an actual save game option in the drop down menu from the pga tent, if someone could try this and report back as I would appreciate to know if it is just me.

Works here dude, Don't need to exit uae4all for it to work i can just power off once it's performed the save (noted by a very small freeze from the emu) I'm still on firmware 2.0.0 if that has something to do with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
i got a weird problem on v0.6.4, happened after I played benefactor:

every time i press select to bring up the menu, when i press R to return to game, or choose RUN from the menu it resets the amiga - no matter what game is in the drive. so disks can't be changed etc. same happens after i reboot gp2x.

any ideas anyone? very strange cos it was fine all of yesterday!

i got a weird problem on v0.6.4, happened after I played benefactor:

every time i press select to bring up the menu, when i press R to return to game, or choose RUN from the menu it resets the amiga - no matter what game is in the drive. so disks can't be changed etc. same happens after i reboot gp2x.

any ideas anyone? very strange cos it was fine all of yesterday!
Hmm... use START to return to the game for now... I think I might have seen that too.

Ok, settlers doesnt work yet, I think my kickstart is not good enough :)

I am using 1.3.. but i have lots of that... any specific version? (hacked or something?)

Ok, settlers doesnt work yet, I think my kickstart is not good enough :)

I am using 1.3.. but i have lots of that... any specific version? (hacked or something?)
1.3 is fine - it's what I use. At the risk of boring myself senseless with repetition, it needs to be the 512K overdumped one, and definitely not the encrypted one that AmigaForever comes with.

If you've ever managed to play any Amiga disk at all using your 1.3 kickstart rom, then it's good enough to run Settlers. Get new Settlers adfs if you still have trouble.

I'm telling you for a fact that it does run - please go and try it.

What I have tried:

Lotus 2: still crashes mere seconds after clicking Reset or Run (coloured bars on screen, Entire unit crashed (ANY setting)
Uridium 2: Works. Scrappy multi-coloured loading screen, and still a choppy, making it hard to play. (X-O-O-O-O, 275Mhz)

:(

I have tried lots of other games and all of them works, not Agony... but i have been playing to severla games in winuae uae4all and uae2x believe me i know how this thing works...

I could play settlers in winuae perfectly.

I just dont understand why not in here...

dont bother i will try with incoming versions and make other people to test it. Maybe is a problem with mi handheld. 0_0

Seriously, dont bother.:)

I'll tell you this, even though I cant save this emu is unbelievable, playing shadow dancer, continental circus and chase HQ at full speed on frameskip one is awesome.

Emu bias left at default, sound on.

I'm using the disk from "The Kent Team / Inertia^BAmiga Sector 1".

Thanks again for your help critical, ive been looking on your site for donations info but couldnt see it, have you a paypal address I can send one to?

Still cant get wizball to run (give me the fool of the week award :rolleyes: ), I can only put it down to the kickrom im using now, I will try some others and let you know.

Captain Blood, Double Dragon, Castle Master 1 & 2 and Wizkid are all running great.

WizKid is one of the greatest games of all time, it is outrageously original and unique. If there was a video game hall of fame & achievement it should be there :)

Maybe im just not getting it then, I only put it on my sd because I could'nt get Wizball going and I read somewhere it was the successor and thought I would give it a try. I had never played it before, let me go and give another go....... :)

WizKid is one of the greatest games of all time, it is outrageously original and unique. If there was a video game hall of fame & achievement it should be there :)
I'd go along with your sentiments there. I just remember thinking "What The Fuck"? Then, playing it for quite a long time and thoroughly enjoying it. I'd love to have worked on that game - a lot more exciting than financial software ;)

Dosteridge: glad you got it working in the end, and cheers :)

Back