Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.0

Well the video is fine until after I uploaded it to youtube, that's where it gets out of sync so it must be a youtube problem. Some people mentioned it has to do with flash player 9, I dunno.

I find Kickstart 3.1 to work fine for most games, tho some require the much older 1.3 overdump to run. There's at least a dozen different ones out there, even 3.5 and 3.9 which don't seem to run in uae4all at all.

Even more flooding in england! ... "gasp" I feel sorry for those who are affected, it's fairly safe here in Birmingham, tho I'm starting to wonder if there will be a summer at all this year.

"SunSpire"

SunSpire said:
Updated Turrican Youtube Link

Still out of sync tho, got any ideas why that is?

Doing a vid of Chaos Engine next. Forget Zool, after 5 mins of loading I gave up! lol

"SunSpire"

The video is out of sync because of youtube sucks a little.
BTW Zool loads about 10 minutes even on a real Amiga... Lol still my favorite game when I was a child.
Edit: Just got Zool fired up on UAE4All

Last edited by a moderator:
SunSpire said:
I find Kickstart 3.1 to work fine for most games, tho some require the much older 1.3 overdump to run. There's at least a dozen different ones out there, even 3.5 and 3.9 which don't seem to run in uae4all at all.
I dont think 3.5 and 3.9 are real roms. The last official roms released were 3.1 so if UAE can only use real rom dumps then that might be why. I dont know though Im just drunk and guessing

Its mad how if its sunny theres not enough water and they have hosepipe bans but if it rains theres too much water and we have floods

I i tried different rom,diferent ADFs,and nothing!
Still works like shit... (Turrican 1 and 2 )

I hear the voices slower everything slower...

WTF?

I do exactly what is done on the video... could be thge SD? (not really) if not what the hell can it be :(

The sound in uae4all is downpitched by at least an octave compared to a real amiga unless you push the slider to the 2nd rightmost setting, which breaks compatibility for a lot of games. But you can get a whole lot of games run at near fullspeed like in my turrican video. Leave the slider in the middle, set cpu clock to 266 (if you can overclock to 266 that is) and choose auto frameskip. (tho IF playing without sound FS 0 or 1 deliver better results in my opinion) 44.1 khz sound works fine for me. ... hmm, there isn't anything else to set is there? If you still can't get it to run smooth then I'd say it can only be the kick.rom you got. I doubt it's the SD card.

I just tried
Chaos Engine, The (1993)(Renegade)[cr FLT][t +2 AC](Disk 1 of 2).adf
Chaos Engine, The (1993)(Renegade)[cr FLT][t +2 AC](Disk 2 of 2).adf

and it hangs after the disk swap. Tried both with and without DF1: loading

I also tried:
Xenon II - Megablast (1989)(ImageWorks)[cr VF].adf

and the game runs fine except that you can't see a darn thing! The ingame screen is way too dark,
thus it's pointless to make a youtube video cos it'd only be pitch black :p

Anyone fancy SWOS? I'm not a footy fanatic myself but I remember somebody mention it earlier.

SWOS on Youtube

Anyhow, working early tomorrow so night everyone!

"SunSpire"

SunSpire said:
The sound in uae4all is downpitched by at least an octave compared to a real amiga unless you push the slider to the 2nd rightmost setting, which breaks compatibility for a lot of games. But you can get a whole lot of games run at near fullspeed like in my turrican video. Leave the slider in the middle, set cpu clock to 266 (if you can overclock to 266 that is) and choose auto frameskip. (tho IF playing without sound FS 0 or 1 deliver better results in my opinion) 44.1 khz sound works fine for me. ... hmm, there isn't anything else to set is there? If you still can't get it to run smooth then I'd say it can only be the kick.rom you got. I doubt it's the SD card.

I just tried
Chaos Engine, The (1993)(Renegade)[cr FLT][t +2 AC](Disk 1 of 2).adf
Chaos Engine, The (1993)(Renegade)[cr FLT][t +2 AC](Disk 2 of 2).adf

and it hangs after the disk swap. Tried both with and without DF1: loading

I also tried:
Xenon II - Megablast (1989)(ImageWorks)[cr VF].adf

and the game runs fine except that you can't see a darn thing! The ingame screen is way too dark,
thus it's pointless to make a youtube video cos it'd only be pitch black :p

Anyone fancy SWOS? I'm not a footy fanatic myself but I remember somebody mention it earlier.

SWOS on Youtube

Anyhow, working early tomorrow so night everyone!

"SunSpire"

Oh ,man I dont know why but i have same settings that u have, no matter how much overclock but everything runs slower, like I had a NTSC machine triying to run PAL system. (or the other way around?) It goes 50 FPS and everything. Is yours going at 60? It looks like it.:(:(

How can i fix that?

Gnostic, Critical, Notaz? Any of you knows? :)

noldor73 said:
Boring sound bug.
Sometimes sound disappear. At this point, if I quit the emu and launch another application (like mame, for example... or another emulator) it lack of sound too and the emulation speed is very slow(it is like another process uses sound resource... I think) . I need to reset the consolle to resolve this problem.
It kills the sound driver for some reason, PicoDrive did that too at some point.. But it doesn't happen for me, if somebody (who have the sound working) can find a easy way to reproduce, it would help. In the worst case I'll just revert to old sound outputting code, so this will be surely fixed.

SunSpire said:
The sound in uae4all is downpitched by at least an octave compared to a real amiga unless you push the slider to the 2nd rightmost setting,
Is this just for some games or for all? If just for some, than which? I'm not too familiar with Amiga, I've never had one.

JimmySlam said:
Oh ,man I dont know why but i have same settings that u have, no matter how much overclock but everything runs slower, like I had a NTSC machine triying to run PAL system. (or the other way around?) It goes 50 FPS and everything. Is yours going at 60? It looks like it.:(:(
I don't think I changed any NTSC/PAL related code..

Notaz--
Try starting a game and then switching from sound on to sound faked. I find this causes the sound bug to kick in

All games Ive tried seem to have the downpitch. Its very noticable on something like the Cannon Fodder intro song or games with speach. If you can get a copy of cannon fodder disk 1 wait till the intro song comes on and you will hear the wrong pitch then move the slider 1 to the right and you will hear the correct pitch but with loads of crackling

Jimmy--
Are you using the UAE-Tweak to load UAE?? If so open it in a text editor and check what the overclock is you might need to change it. If not try it. Also what kickstart are you using. Reset the emulator without an adf and see what comes on the screen It should be a hand with a blue disk for 1.3

foleyjo said:
Notaz--
Try starting a game and then switching from sound on to sound faked. I find this causes the sound bug to kick in

All games Ive tried seem to have the downpitch. Its very noticable on something like the Cannon Fodder intro song or games with speach. If you can get a copy of cannon fodder disk 1 wait till the intro song comes on and you will hear the wrong pitch then move the slider 1 to the right and you will hear the correct pitch but with loads of crackling

Jimmy--
Are you using the UAE-Tweak to load UAE?? If so open it in a text editor and check what the overclock is you might need to change it. If not try it. Also what kickstart are you using. Reset the emulator without an adf and see what comes on the screen It should be a hand with a blue disk for 1.3
To foleyjo:
YESSS, I have the downpitch that is what i ment before!

You have it too!

What if u check turrican video, it doesnt have it! Just place ur gp2x and the you tube video and play them at the same time, i will notice the problem a lot when it says "welcome to turrican!!! AHAHAHAHA" but it is also slower when is cutting the iron showing "rainbow arts". So, it's not just the sound, it's everything a tiny bit.

That is why I thought something was going wrong with my gp2x. But it is the emulator or maybe a combination with FW or maybe MK2 or I dont know Because the downpitch happens at 150MHz and 280MHz!

To Sunsire :

Why your youtube video deoesnt have much downpitch?

JimmySlam said:
What if u check turrican video, it doesnt have it! Just place ur gp2x and the you tube video and play them at the same time, i will notice the problem a lot when it says welcome to turrican!!! AHAHAHAHA

If yours is different to the video its probably a different version. I had Turrican 3 running at fullspeed one minute then when I used a different cracked version it was running slower.
You should compare versions and make sure yours is the same as the one in the vid

foleyjo said:
Notaz--
I don't think "faked" sound has worked properly since FAME/C was added. I think I didn't get around to hooking it up properly.

SWOS on Youtube

SunSpire - what version of SWOS is in the video (filename?) and which kick version were you using?

Thanks,

Macleod

The sounds seems to go off permanently (until rebooted) when loading a second game, this is when it slows down too. The first game that is loaded after reboot usually works well.

Hi again,

back home and I tell ya, I got totally soaked out there! The rest of the day I'll stay inside and play gp2x ;)

Right, let me see if I can help a little. First of all, the version of Turrican in the video is none other than the one-disk original from the Factor 5 website, it's a free and legal download.

ALL the games in uae4all are downpitched, amiga sound and music is based on "samples / tracker modules" and these are played back with the wrong speed (possibly wrong sample rate) thus sounding lower than the original output of a real amiga machine. Adjusting the emu bios slider seems to affect this. In a previous uae4all thread I had posted 3 mp3 sample clips of the "Welcome to Turrican Speech", 2 with different uae4all settings and one straight from a real amiga with its original pitch, and it sounded very different. If you say the pitch in my youtube vid is higher than on your gp2x with the same settings, my guess is that youtube changed the samplerate slightly while converting the video into their format, I'm going to compare with the video I got on my hard drive and maybe upload that to my server if it sounds any different! But give the original Factor 5 Turrican disk a shot as well, maybe that helps :)

Notaz ~
if you like I can create you some sample clips so you can hear the difference for yourself. The soundbug happens to me too, when I switch off the sound and back on it will remain off, and you have no sound in any program you start thereafter until you completely switch off the unit.

Macleod ~
I used the following version:
Sensible World of Soccer (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 1 of 2).adf
Sensible World of Soccer (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 2 of 2).adf

"SunSpire"

Macleod ~
I used the following version:
Sensible World of Soccer (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 1 of 2).adf
Sensible World of Soccer (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 2 of 2).adf

Sunspire - was that with Kick 3.1 and 266 O/C?

Thanks,

Gregor

Yes it was :)

Notaz ~
I didn't have the sample clips anymore so I made new ones:

01. GP2X with slider all the way to the left @ 266 mhz
extremely low pitch

02. uae4all with slider in the middle (setting for most games)
the pitch is higher but still lower than a real amiga

03. Recorded straight from WinUAE which has the correct pitch like a real amiga

I think that's pretty obvious. If you set the slider one further right [ <o-o-o-[O]-o-> ] you get the correct pitch but it breaks most games and the sound stutters badly. I might have said that before lol

You never had an amiga? And still you work on this emulator, be it only for the cyclone bit but still .. I think that's quite remarkable :)

"SunSpire"

Back