Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.2

foleyjo said:
sinkyboy2000 said:
By the way, does anyone have Overdrive (Tean 17 overhead racer) working properly? It work fine for me except the menu screens have a big line down them.
What adf filename version are you using ill try it out. Have you played ATR by Team 17 also an overhead racer. Its quite good.

Version
overdrive(1993)(Team 17)[cr FLT](disk 1 of 3).adf etc works fine without any lines on menu screens

If anyone knows where i can get All Dogs go to heaven and RushHour ADFs could they pm me the link because I only have the WHDLOAD versions and cant find the adfs

The version I'm using is just called "Overdrive_(1).adf". Not sure where i got it but it took me a while to find a version that worked on an earlier build. I've tried "Overdrive (1993)(Team 17)[cr FLT][o](Disk 1 of 3).adf" which doesn't appear to work at all.

I was also wondering if someone could help me out with scripts. I'm a complete noob with them I'm afraid. The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the -df0 {filename} parameter. I've tried the following two scripts which don't seem to work - could someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

#!/bin/sh
./cpu_speed --upll --timing 1 --cpuclk 250 --trc 6 --tras 4 --twr 1 --tmrd 1 --trfc 1 --trp 2 --trcd 2
sleep 1
./uae4all.gpe -mousemultiplier 4 -soundrate 22050 -frameskip 1 -skipintro 1 -df0 ./roms/Lotus Turbo Challenge 2.adf

#!/bin/sh
./cpu_speed --upll --timing 1 --cpuclk 250 --trc 6 --tras 4 --twr 1 --tmrd 1 --trfc 1 --trp 2 --trcd 2
sleep 1
./uae4all.gpe -mousemultiplier 4 -soundrate 22050 -frameskip 1 -skipintro 1 -df0 Lotus Turbo Challenge 2.adf

Please don't flame me for being an idiot.

Oh, and finally - no I haven't tried ATR. Thanks for the recomendation, I'll give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
foleyjo said:
What adf filename version are you using ill try it out. Have you played ATR by Team 17 also an overhead racer. Its quite good.

Version
overdrive(1993)(Team 17)[cr FLT](disk 1 of 3).adf etc works fine without any lines on menu screens

Tried "overdrive(1993)(Team 17)[cr FLT](disk 1 of 3).adf" - wouldn't go past the disk access screen. The emulator didn't hang, I could still get in to the menu. Left it a good 5-10 minutes to see if it was just a long load time. Don't think it could be as the other version loaded much quicker.

Also - tried ATR briefly last night. Cracking game (although I still prefer Overdrive). Think it will be an ever present on my SD card.

sinkyboy2000 said:
I'm a complete noob with them I'm afraid. The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the -df0 {filename} parameter. I've tried the following two scripts which don't seem to work - could someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

#!/bin/sh
sleep 1
./uae4all.gpe -mousemultiplier 4 -soundrate 22050 -frameskip 1 -skipintro 1 -df0 ./roms/Lotus Turbo Challenge 2.adf

#!/bin/sh
sleep 1
./uae4all.gpe -mousemultiplier 4 -soundrate 22050 -frameskip 1 -skipintro 1 -df0 Lotus Turbo Challenge 2.adf

Have you tried putting the filenames in quotes? Spaces can't be good. Also, the internal menu system doesn't like TOSEC naming styles (hell, everyone hates those, except for kids who don't know better), so it may be a good idea to rename your disk images.

D.

Tried "overdrive(1993)(Team 17)[cr FLT](disk 1 of 3).adf" - wouldn't go past the disk access screen. The emulator didn't hang, I could still get in to the menu. Left it a good 5-10 minutes to see if it was just a long load time. Don't think it could be as the other version loaded much quicker.

Forgot to say it doesnt ask you for the next disk. You need to change disk at this stage.
With most ganes I tend to keep the status line on till the games actually load. If a disk stops for too long I try changing disks

Dunny said:
Have you tried putting the filenames in quotes? Spaces can't be good. Also, the internal menu system doesn't like TOSEC naming styles (hell, everyone hates those, except for kids who don't know better), so it may be a good idea to rename your disk images.

D.
Thanks for the tips, I'll give that a try. Do you have to put in the path name or is the filename itself OK?

A

sinkyboy2000 said:
Dunny said:

D.
Thanks for the tips, I'll give that a try. Do you have to put in the path name or is the filename itself OK?

A

Depends on where the image is - mine are in ./ADF_Disks/Speedball.adf for example. I daresay that if the image is in the same folder as the binary you may get away with it..

D.

sinkyboy2000 said:
Some special chars (including spaces) need to be escaped, i.e. you need to add "\" before every special char. In his case it would be:
CODE

./uae4all.gpe -mousemultiplier 4 -soundrate 22050 -frameskip 1 -skipintro 1 -df0 Lotus\ Turbo\ Challenge\ 2.adf

If you can telnet to your GP2X, you can go to the emu dir, type "Lotus" and press TAB and it should autocomplete the name with all needed escape chars, and you could copy it from there.

All this talk of Lotus Turbo 2 made me want to try it out. Both versions I've found seem to fail at the same place - if there is an intro with cheats you can get through that, then it quickly flashes up 'Lotus Turbo Challenge 2', then half the screen goes blue while the other half looks a little like a C64 loading (it doesn't do this on UAE on the PC for comparison).

If you guys are using command lines for it, I guess you have found a version or settings that work?

Anyone have any luck getting Populous to run? I've tried 3 different ADF files, no luck. Pauses in the middle of load.

It worked fine on the previous version. :(

Mac

slaanesh said:
Apparently you can download most of the Team 17 game legally

However, I cannot get Apidya to work.

I tried Project X and yes, it's nice, but it's really not that good. It terms of shooters it has a few failings IMHO.
Technically it's impressive but it just doesn't play that great.

Strange... my Apidya version works perfectly :huh:

Macguyver said:
Anyone have any luck getting Populous to run? I've tried 3 different ADF files, no luck. Pauses in the middle of load.

It worked fine on the previous version. :(

Mac
I'm playing populous for snes (pocketsnes) lately. The nice thing about this version is that it's better suited for the stick + buttons (fast scrolling, works perfect) and has got save states.
Probably not the answer you wanted, I know sometimes you just want to play the "original" ;)

pomata said:
slaanesh said:
Apparently you can download most of the Team 17 game legally

However, I cannot get Apidya to work.

I tried Project X and yes, it's nice, but it's really not that good. It terms of shooters it has a few failings IMHO.
Technically it's impressive but it just doesn't play that great.

Strange... my Apidya version works perfectly :huh:

my version named "apidya (1992)(Kaiko - Play Byte)[cr WTX]..." works too :)... maybe it is a budget version?

Sorry about the total noob question, but I tought this version could write to disk. I tried this with Civilisation the other day (which works very well otherwise) but it didn't work. Not really much point playing it if you can't save.

Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or does this just not work.

I'm sure it worked in an earlier version. If so, could someone tell me if Civilisation worked for this version?

I'm using the QTX version of Apidya and that works for me but like Project-X you can't see the weapon upgrade bar at the bottom because of the overscan resolution :(

A little late to this party, but I just had a full-on Uridium 2 session which is very nice with overclock and sound off. This is a truly amazing emulator! Many thanks to Notaz and co.

Any news of any updates? been looking but not found much. I have a strange thing happening at the moment. Im trying to play desert strike and i can get as far as "insert disk 2" then when i insert the disk the screen doesnt change. If i use the status line it shows the disc access number just change +1 as if it cant find the disk. It does this on all the versions i have. The strange part is that sometimes is it works and then gets stuck at "insert disk 3" I never change my config from standard/defualt and i have actually played this game on the emu (7.2a) so i cant work out why it works and then doesnt...........

Another query is i can get supercars 2 to run and project X but the trainers dont work when the game is loaded. I can select immunity or infinite lives but when the game is running the cheats havnt worked. Very strange. Other than that keep up the good work as this emu is amazing. Thanks for your hard work

mr bob I sometimes find a game may not register disk 2 (or 3) if you put it in DF0 so try potting it in DF1 (press Y on the ADF image)

Back