Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.0

oh i missed this :eek:. I cant seem to fins where all my games have gone :huh: but i will have a look and probably make some videos :D

EDIT: Sometimes the sound dosnt work even when it is on but after reseting my gp2x the sound worked again :). Wasnt there a way to put more than one disk in ? or was that a different emulator ?

Cabbages I noticed the sound thing with Robocop 3.
I also find Project X crashes the GP2X

As for df1 press "Y" when you select you adf to put it in the 2nd drive

foleyjo said:
Cabbages I noticed the sound thing with Robocop 3.
I also find Project X crashes the GP2X

As for df1 press "Y" when you select you adf to put it in the 2nd drive

Project X doesn´t work? What a pity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ CABBAGES: Press Y when inserting a disk and it will be put in DF1: rather than DF0: :)

Soooo, after doing some extensive testing last night, here's my results:

Transplant - The Winner! Runs fullspeed with sound @ 266 mhz, FS 0

GP2X @ 266 mhz w/ sound and autoframeskip:

Turrican 1 - Runs great! Very playable
Turrican 2 - Runs great! Very playable and only minor slowdown when there's a lot of action on the screen
Turrican 3 - Couldn't get it to work, will try another version later
Wonderdog - Runs great!
Pang - Runs great!
Pinball Dreams - Runs great! All 4 tables scroll smooth
Jaguar XJ220 - Runs great! Hardly any slowdowns except in game stats screens
Nitro - Runs great! No more stuttering
Newzealand Story - Runs great!
Duck Tales: Runs great!

Altho all these games run very well, the emulator still suffers from an extremely downpitched sound output,
the further left you push the CPU <-> CHIP slider, the lower the pitch. Normal pitch is reached when you
put the slider here: CPU <-o-o-o-[O]-o-> CHIP, but that makes it stutter really bad. Also a lot of games don't run with the slider set that far to the right.

GP2X @ 266 mhz w/o sound, frameskip 0 or 1:

Giana Sisters - Runs great! But my version crashes when sound enabled!?
All of the Above Games - Run either perfect or very well, some even at FS 0!!

Games that I couldn't get to work:

Goal - crashes after cracktro
Elfmania - Hangs at disk swap screen
Lionheart - Graphic Glitches that make it unplayable (was expected tho)
Pinball Fantasies - Loads fine but then random crashes ingame
Rodland - Doesn't load / crashes (ran very slow in previous emu)
Wizball - Doesn't load / crashes (ran perfectly fine in previous emu)
Z-Out - Fast but F1 keypress in main menu does nothing so can't start the game

Summary:

Nearly all games I tested run perfect without sound and very well with sound. Loading times seem to have increased and are actually longer than on a real amiga machine now, but it does not really bother me. If the sound output can be fixed to be playing at normal pitch and maybe even stereo sound, that's pretty much all I'm hoping for in a next release.

Incredible work notaz, this thing keeps getting better and better! Thank You for all your hard work!! :)

"SunSpire"

Sunspire - A couple of the Turrican 3's i found force you to put disk 2 in the other drive
Also If you put the cpu slider in the middle until the game starts and then move it all the way to the left once the game music starts it should come on.
Ive tried 2 different versions and one of them was slower at loading but faster when playing.

I too have noticed the even longer loading times on this version

arquillos said:
foleyjo said:
I know its probably early to ask but would a 2MB AGA version (aka A1200) version ever be possible. Its just Im picking games to put on my sd and keep seeing things like Speris Legacy and sighing.
Very Early....wait till it runs full speed at 200Mhz....and then maybe AGA someday?

Not only AGA is a problem with A1200, but also the 68020 CPU, because both Cyclone and FAMEC currently can't do anything more than 68000...

CABBAGES said:
Sometimes the sound dosnt work even when it is on but after reseting my gp2x the sound worked again :).

I didn't plan to keep updating uae4all (I wanted to use it as a test site for Cyclone), but I will look at those sound problems and crashes. Also GnoStiC contacted me about some further optimizations, so there might be another release.

CABBAGES said:
yup loading times are very long im still waiting on zool loading. I think its still loadingf anyway :p
Turn on "status ln" and see if disc status numbers change. Some games tend to randomly lock-up when loading (but sometimes they load fine), due to interrupt timing probably..

notaz said:
I didn't plan to keep updating uae4all (I wanted to use it as a test site for Cyclone), but I will look at those sound problems and crashes. Also GnoStiC contacted me about some further optimizations, so there might be another release.
The test was so good we all got over excited :lol:

for loading times;
on amiga disk access depends on cpu (reading dskbytr) so if you don't select cpuwise on emu bias, it'll take longer to access disk.

i remember uae4all having a turbo/warp mode to have faster loading time.

please note that i'm just a contributor to uae4all, so it's better to ask to critical (or notaz) for such requests :)

but uae2x-wip3 has savestates.. coming soon to a gp2x near you.. (in stereo where available) :p

Macleod said:
Gnostic - I don't want to hassle devs, but any chance of getting save states to work? :ph34r:

Cool gnostic is nice to see Amiga emus aren't dead :)

I tried to use a mouse on ur emu but it keep crashing. It is usable only on the menu :)

At least on the FIRST PUBLIC BETA you released half a year ago :)

GnoStiC said:
please note that i'm just a contributor to uae4all, so it's better to ask to critical (or notaz) for such requests :)

but uae2x-wip3 has savestates.. coming soon to a gp2x near you.. (in stereo where available) :p

Many thanks Gnostic (and critical (and notaz))
Career mode in SWOS - coming soon! :D

Macleod said:
any chance of getting save states to work? :ph34r:
I'm keen to have another look at it.

Gnostic - hope the new uae2x goes well... might you move it to cyclone too? How's the PSP stuff now?

notaz said:
The fps count increased around 70% in auto frameskip mode for me.
:blink: Holy crap. That's the biggest improvement in anything I ever sawed [sic] !

I think I'll get into Amiga emulation now... :p Thanks for all of your wonderful wrok, notaz! You've really picked up a lot of projects that had fallen by the wayside, and made them better. Okay, maybe you just picked up GPFCE. I'm still amazed by that one. :D

thanks.. :)
frankly, i have no intention to move to fame or cyclone at the moment..

and for pspuae, it's still far from what i imagine it to be.. but users seems to be happy with the last version (~40-50fps with FS1)..

critical said:
Gnostic - hope the new uae2x goes well... might you move it to cyclone too? How's the PSP stuff now?

There's a lot of different disk images floating around out there. If everyone could try to use the No-Intro Amiga set, we could probably get more definitive results as far as testing goes.

Shadowsithe said:
There's a lot of different disk images floating around out there. If everyone could try to use the No-Intro Amiga set, we could probably get more definitive results as far as testing goes.
It's a lot more convenient if people just state which version they're using.

That's what worked quite successfully on the wiki (the cracked/trained column):

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/UAE4all

Back