Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.2

notaz said:
I've just got address errors working, Shadow of the beast no longer crashes. Now Turrican3 will get it's treatment and 0.7.2 will be out (so I can finally leave).
Nice one, that may solve other problems.

I have a common error that when freezes the screenshifts a bit up and appears a dirty line on the bottom is it that one that u fixed?

I got that problem and a few games like first and second samurai.

Last edited by a moderator:
JimmySlam said:
I have a common error that when freezes the screenshifts a bit up and appears a dirty line on the bottom is it that one that u fixed?
I got that problem and a few games like first and second samurai.

That's exactly what happens on my '2x as well. And it happens in many games. Z-Out (any .adf version) for example does that just seconds after starting level 1. And I noticed it in Pinball Fantasies and other games too, even if I don't overclock at all :(

"SunSpire"

New error. Not sure if its something to do with HAM not working yet but in Lost In Mine theres no Player appearing. ive tried changing all the settings.

It might be something like HAM not working at the moment.

Its a really good puzzle game as well.

Also has anyone got Citadel (AKA CYTADEL)i cant find it in my Tosec zip. Its a doom clone but it works on A500 and has a really impressive intro sequence. Just wondering how it looks on GP2X

--I just realised when I wrote that I havent actually looked for its polish name cytadel and found it under cytadela. It says its AGA but Im pretty sure it wasnt an AGA only game.

It's called cytadela and is ECS, and sloooooowwww. To be fair that game is horribly pixelated. Amiga was never meant to be a 3D ego games platform but if you like cytadela try WinUAE cos it's very fast there ;)

"SunSpire"

SunSpire said:
It's called cytadela and is ECS, and sloooooowwww. To be fair that game is horribly pixelated. Amiga was never meant to be a 3D ego games platform but if you like cytadela try WinUAE cos it's very fast there ;)

Just tried it on UAE4ALL and it works. I never actually tried the game coz i never liked it I just wanted to see the intro.

It sufferes from the HAM EHB graphics not being emulated at the moment.
Your right Amiga was never ment to be a 3D ego games platform but we saw some pretty good attempts with the Alien Breed 3D games and Breathless near the end of the Amigas life. Then after it apparantly died you got Doom Quake and others

Im not gonna use WinUae I have an A1200 with 060 and 64mb Ram;). I just like the fact i can now play amiga games when Im not at home

"I love my Amiga me"

JimmySlam said:
That's how this emulator crashes.

I've implemented what I wanted for 0.7.2 and released it, see my first post. This version should be a bit more compatible, and most incompatible games should no longer crash the emu.

Note that menu animation is a bit slower in this release (because of SDL lib update), but the games themselves should not become slower because of that.

Fantastic release notaz! The crash bug is gone and many more games run on my unit now, thank you!

I guess you're allowed to move on to other projects then ;) I really appreciate all the hard work you put into this to iron out most of the bugs. Just amazing how far this emulator has come in such a short time period.

"SunSpire"

I don't know why but uae4all stop working. Emu menu works fine but when i load a disk and start it red status indicator shows 50 fps and DF0 and DF1 icons shows 0. It seems it doesn't read the disk. I tried several adfs and they all work fine before. Any ideas? - Yes I check the kickstart rom.

mfk said:
I don't know why but uae4all stop working. Emu menu works fine but when i load a disk and start it red status indicator shows 50 fps and DF0 and DF1 icons shows 0. It seems it doesn't read the disk. I tried several adfs and they all work fine before. Any ideas? - Yes I check the kickstart rom.
So by checking the kickstart rom do you mean you booted without an adf in and the hand with a disk (or the purple screen with disk on other kicks) came up?

notaz said:
UPDATE:
0.7.2 - compatibility and stability update
  • Implemented address error emulation in Cyclone (for Shadow of the beast).
  • Added code to prevent out-of-bounds chipmem access (Turrican 3).
  • Crashing games should no longer bring the emulator down with them.
download
source code

You have also fixed
Project X Special Edition and Bomb X

In fact the only problems I have found out every game that ive tried so far is graphical. So please Critacal could you give us Ham again :( i

I find that Turrican II crashes the emu with 0.7.2, whereas it was excellent with 0.7.1. :(

(First level, walk left a little bit, turn round and... lock.)

@Laser
Yes, I can confirm this problem. Try to use another image of Turrican 2 to solve this.

Regards,
Stephan

Bug Report: Gremlins 2 any version - When the title screen comes on after the "GIZZZMMOOO" bit the music starts but then seems to progressivly slow down and all controls are unresponsive. Tried all the different sync and clock settings

sbock said:
Yes, I can confirm this problem. Try to use another image of Turrican 2 to solve this.
Hm, no luck I'm afraid. :huh: Tried two completely different images and it still does the same thing in the same place.

Laser said:
sbock said:
Hm, no luck I'm afraid. :huh: Tried two completely different images and it still does the same thing in the same place.

Tried Turrican 2 - does it do that every time you perform that manouver or just at the start?? Could you get away with nt going right at the start

foleyjo said:
What type of crash is it?? Emulator lock up?? Game reset?? Guru error?
The usual emu lock up: Greyish line about 5 pixels high along the bottom of the screen, everything freezes, no reaction to any button.

Laser said:
I find that Turrican II crashes the emu with 0.7.2, whereas it was excellent with 0.7.1. :(
Confirmed and fixed in 0.7.2a (see my first post).
This was the same problem as with Turrican3 in 0.7.1, but the bad access was from the other side..

foleyjo said:
Bug Report: Gremlins 2 any version - When the title screen comes on after the "GIZZZMMOOO" bit the music starts but then seems to progressivly slow down and all controls are unresponsive. Tried all the different sync and clock settings
This one seems to have timing problems, which need too much effort to fix. What makes matters worse is that I can't compare it with 0.6.4, as it doesn't work there.

notaz said:
foleyjo said:
This one seems to have timing problems, which need too much effort to fix. What makes matters worse is that I can't compare it with 0.6.4, as it doesn't work there.

Ahh well its not really that big a deal. Ita not one of the must have Amiga games just a game I personally like to play now and then. i can easily play the C64 version. I think it works on the other gp2x amiga emulator as well.

Nice one with fixing Turrican 2 so quickly.

Back