Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.2

Too bad, GREAT GIANA SISTERS (Red-Sector Crack) and GLOBAL GLADIATORS (the Version without Crackintro) still hang up the '2X.

In several PAL games the bottom of the screen is cut off, so you can't see e.g. the lowest gem row in GEM-X or the stakes in STRIP-POKER II.
Is it - perhaps - possible to add an offset of ~ 12 screen-lines to the (AMIGA-) screen-address(es) in the PAL setting ?

However, thanx notaz for all your hard work !

EDIT:
Correction - with 0.7.2a GREAT GIANA SISTERS and even GLOBAL GLADIATORS run fine now --> REALLY GREAT notaz !

Many thanks, notaz! My copy from Chaos Engine works now with 0.7.2a without problems.
Good work...

Regards,
Stephan

camiga64 said:
Correction - with 0.7.2a GREAT GIANA SISTERS and even GLOBAL GLADIATORS run fine now --> REALLY GREAT notaz !
sbock said:
My copy from Chaos Engine works now with 0.7.2a without problems.
Good, so this may finally be my last release then. Just updated the source code link too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple of games that I am sure worked in 0.6.4 but now wont run:

Amegas (1987)(Pandora)[t Lord Blitter].adf
Super Cars II (1991)(Gremlin)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr SKR][t +9 Setrox].adf

Iorgy77 said:

is that with 0.7.2a ?

There is only one supercars 2 version out there that ever worked with uae4all, can't think of the adf file names right now tho, will try to find out.

"SunSpire"

Iorgy77 said:

try these
Amegas(1987)(reLINE Software).adf
Super Cars (1990)(Gremlin)(cr PNA)(Disk 1 of 2)(f AGA Krypt)[t +5PNA].adf
Super Cars II (1991)(Gremlin[cr HP][f AGA)(Disk 1 of 2).adf

I notice there is a "click.wav" file in the data dir. I assume that is to simulate the drive head noise. Doesn't seem to work though - do I have to do something to make it work, or is it unsupported?

Laser said:
I notice there is a "click.wav" file in the data dir. I assume that is to simulate the drive head noise. Doesn't seem to work though - do I have to do something to make it work, or is it unsupported?
It's for the menus (move joystick, hear click). Not implemented at present... low down on the priority list.

Laser said:
AFAIK this feature is from the original Dreamcast version and not supported in the GP2x port.

Regards,
Stephan

critical said:
It's for the menus (move joystick, hear click). Not implemented at present... low down on the priority list.
Oh, right. Yes, that doesn't sound very important. :lol:

I'd have liked a drive click noise though, for when it sits there with a black screen for 30 seconds while it's loading (assuming you don't have the status line up!).

On the subject of the menu: Since SELECT enters the menu, can we have it also exit the menu (i.e.: "Run"). The L/R buttons are already mapped to handy shortcuts, so...

Laser said:
critical said:
Oh, right. Yes, that doesn't sound very important. :lol:

I'd have liked a drive click noise though, for when it sits there with a black screen for 30 seconds while it's loading (assuming you don't have the status line up!).

On the subject of the menu: Since SELECT enters the menu, can we have it also exit the menu (i.e.: "Run"). The L/R buttons are already mapped to handy shortcuts, so...

Doesnt START alreasy exit the menu??

the drive noise might be irritating if you have a game with a tune playing and then the tune starts going Thhrrrppp thhhrrrpp

Thank you all guys for the efforts put in this emulator! Cannot believe how well some of my favourite Amiga games work!
Is there a way to swap ports (so that the joystick can be in port 1 or 2) ?
Some games (like Metal Masters) need the ports to be swapped, otherwise are controlling the character with the mouse.
If there was this feature and a save state that would be soo cool :D

Anyway, thanks again for all your work!

foleyjo said:
Laser said:
On the subject of the menu: Since SELECT enters the menu, can we have it also exit the menu (i.e.: "Run").
Doesnt START alreasy exit the menu??

OMG! I can't believe I didn't figure that out for myself! :ph34r: :blush:

Iorgy77 said:

Just tried, works for me.

Gang, I am in shock over here.

Playing "Shadow of the Beast" in full speed on my little GP2X even though it only overclocks to 250.

Absolutely amazing. Everyone involved in the scene deserves major kudos.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!! :D

Mac

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to critical and notaz and all involved in this project. I downloaded this yesterday after trying one of the early builds. It's really flying on my 250 Mhz unit.

Hopefully it won't stand still and we can get HAM and savestates implemented.

By the way, does anyone have Overdrive (Tean 17 overhead racer) working properly? It work fine for me except the menu screens have a big line down them.

sinkyboy2000 said:
By the way, does anyone have Overdrive (Tean 17 overhead racer) working properly? It work fine for me except the menu screens have a big line down them.
What adf filename version are you using ill try it out. Have you played ATR by Team 17 also an overhead racer. Its quite good.

Version
overdrive(1993)(Team 17)[cr FLT](disk 1 of 3).adf etc works fine without any lines on menu screens

If anyone knows where i can get All Dogs go to heaven and RushHour ADFs could they pm me the link because I only have the WHDLOAD versions and cant find the adfs

Back