Release UAE4All 2.0

I've managed to get Heimdall 2 AGA to run and this works quite well. No luck with Chaos Engine 2 or Banshee though. They both freeze on loading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it worthwhile testing out more AGA games to see if they load at present, or should we wait and see how the graphics issue with this build get ironed out? I'll check a few more in my spare time, but can't really judge how well they work at present.... ;)

(null)

Is it worthwhile testing out more AGA games to see if they load at present, or should we wait and see how the graphics issue with this build get ironed out?
No, not worthwhile (still surprised about Heimdall 2 AGA).

Is it worthwhile testing out more AGA games to see if they load at present, or should we wait and see how the graphics issue with this build get ironed out?
No, not worthwhile (still surprised about Heimdall 2 AGA).

I haven't tested it to any great degree. but it got to the title screen with only a little slowdown at 600mhz. The game doesn't run at any great pace so I can't imagine it would be any worse.

Any luck witht the screen flickering?

Would it be of any use to release a version of this without the AGA so we can see if emulation improves for games like First Samurai?

Bug "Flashing gfx and AGA games running at 0fps" is fixed.

Now an annoying sound bug remains that occurs every half second.

But it's not AGA related since OCS games are affected, too.

Except for the sound-bug Pinball Illusions and Pinball Fantasies AGA ran fullspeed when I tested them.

So unlike the alpha release this beta version is usable:

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.1 MB · Views: 207
Robocod AGA runs, around half speed at 600mhz, Alien Breed 3d runs but as slow as expected!(didn't run great on an expanded A1200 anyway!), and Brian the Lion is running almost at fullspeed at 800mhz(apart from the glitchy sound)

(null)

Brutal Sports Football AGA runs well at 800mhz, Chaos Engine AGA runs with some slowdown during gameplay.

Jet Strike AGA is working fine, just can't remember how to play it though!! ;)

Yay!! Worms DC loads(eventually!!), only runs at half speed though...

Currently 48fps seems to be the max fps. Tested 5 games which all run @48fps at 800MHz. Further increasing the CPU speed to 1GHz doesn't change that. So 48fps means "fullspeed" in this version.

The games I've tested are:

Slam Tilt

Pinball Illusions

Pinball Fantasies AGA

James Pond 2 - Robocod AGA

James Pond 3 - Operation Starfish

Slam Tilt running fullspeed on a handheld is amazing. Unfortunately the points counter seems broken.

Robocod AGA runs, around half speed at 600mhz
While this is true it only needs 800 MHz for "fullspeed".

First samurai is running faster I think?
Maybe because of the new FAME/C core? Or did you use 68020 cpu? That might make it run better, too.

Many thanks John,

I have tested Rally Championships AGA and Nigel Mansells World Championship AGA and they both run great.

One big gain (well for me anyway!) is Goal! This is an OCS game but didn't work before. It still doesn't work under OCS but works great using AGA.

I still haven't got Banshee to work but that could be rom related, i'll trh another version from the tosec later.

Any idea what is causing the sound issue?

I tried First Samurai under the sane conditions as I was running everything at that stage, AGA 68020 and at 800mhz. I ran Robocod at that speed too, but the frame rate kept slowing down during gameplay(around 34/35 I think?). Slam Tilt does run well, apart from the scoreboard!!(and the occasionally disappearing flippers!)

(null)

One big gain (well for me anyway!) is Goal! This is an OCS game but didn't work before. It still doesn't work under OCS but works great using AGA.
Ah, that's great!

Any idea what is causing the sound issue?
I think this is also really a drawing-issue. Since for some reason only 48 instead of 50fps are drawn (at fullspeed) we get those sound hickups. Why and where this drawing-issue is I don't know.

Back