Tweaking and Finalizing

It works:

Evil Dragon looks so proud, also love your comment on PGS.

"I won't call it a scam, as scam means that someone does something bad on purpose, and that's not what I think.
However, being sceptical isn't a bad thing, and I've seen some projects with REALLY good ideas fail because the amount of work and money is underestimated.

I know complex PCB design takes a LOT of time. And the smaller and feature-rich a product is, the more time it takes.

My guess is that you'd need at least 300k USD and 1 year to complete a fully working prototype with your own PCBs from here.

Just the molds for the case would cost 50 - 80k USD, one set of bare multilayer PCBs take 6 weeks to produce, then you need to populate and test them and do that a couple of times... and each run probably costs about 20k USD as well.

The final price you sell it here is LESS than the production costs for an Apple iPhone, and Apple produces these in billions and have VERY VERY good deals with distributors, even providing some parts themselves.

You plan to have more features and sell it for less than Apples costs.

So yes, as much as I hope you can pull it off and wish you the very best, it sounds a lot like you're underestimating the amount of work, prices, etc.

You will never know the real production costs before the real prototype is finished, you can only estimate them, but looking at the features, knowing the prices of parts, your estimation seems too low.

Right now I see three options:

1. This is a scam (which don't hope it is)
2. You underestimated the costs
3. You have some investors or other money lying around so you don't even need any of the Kickstarter money

Please don't see that as trolling.
I do not want to troll, I am not calling you a scam, I just want to make sure you REALLY thought this through, as I don't want you or any of your backers run into a wall."
Honestly, ED has been straight up with us on what is going on with the pyra. He has also been trying to make right of the people 'Craig' screwed over. If we didn't trust him, he wouldn't have over 800 orders.

Honestly, ED has been straight up with us on what is going on with the pyra. He has also been trying to make right of the people 'Craig' screwed over. If we didn't trust him, he wouldn't have over 800 orders.

I think there has been a misunderstanding: Dannyxzero was just quoting EDs post on the PGS page, not stating his mistrust! ;)

yeah head over to the pgs kickstarters comment section to have a look at how it could be if we didn't have such an upfront and honest guy such as ED as the head of the project. and yes, he is just quoting EDs comment from over there.

i wonder if it goes to ED's head, how much we praise him... maybe we should back off. you should reward good behavior only 50% of the time, to avoid reward hacking...

I believe people act in accordance just as much with what they are told when they are wrong. ED is right most all the time because he gets told when that isn't the case.

So he learns how and when to listen. Based on all available input, only the incorrect stuff is noise. He learns why and how things work, and he aims to please.

He knows how we work, but in his openness, we also get to know him.

Hack the ED!

I've learned a lot from this campaign, notably that apparently only trolls want answers.
So EvilDragon, all this information you keep giving us about the Pyra? It's gotta stop! You're only feeding the trolls. If people aren't willing to back your product on your word alone then they can just go. This will obviously increase the number of people supporting you in the long run, I don't need to explain how. :p

man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of the maker, if the device they are selling is cheap enough!

Yo evildragon, stop having so much fun with the pgs lolololololl It has been so fun reading the comment section.

There are so many comments there. Can someone explain what has been said there or at least point to me where it starts to get interesting?

I've started to read the comments. Wow, all that drama and no popcorn :D

Back