Trying to find a fair solution

Read the post. Does this sound like a fair solution?

• Yes (I'm not in Craigs Queue)

Votes: 46 54.1%
  • Yes (I'm in Craigs Queue)

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • No (if possible, let me know why)

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

My initial intent was the customer-base, so it doesn't change what I meant.

NO, I don't think that's what you meant - check your original post again. You clearly mentioned "user base shrinking", and you kept at keeping this wording even after I mentioned to you it does not make sense.

People who don't have Pandora are not users, not matter if they paid for it or not, so not giving them a Pandora does not shrink the user base at all.
You are arguing semantics... Seriously you know what he meant - people that have been part of the community for years are still waiting for their Pandoras.

Ed, you are clearly a nice guy. Also, I know that you are technically doing this out of good faith, since you are not legally obligated of fulfilling Craigs orders.

However, as an original Craig pre-orderer, I'm extremely reluctant of keep throwing money at this in hope of recovering my investment. I suppose that the €100+ Eur option also requires the shipments costs (do VAT taxes applies too?), which are due to be significant (I payed Craig $70 for that...). and paying for an upgrade is simply not an option, the price is simply too high.

So, I ask you this, which guarantees we have if take on the options, specially the first one? Since I'm not dropping a cent more for more "estimations".
I'm not sure what you're getting at, but if the question here is "will paying put me on another list waiting to be served?": No. Ed has said repeatedly that he will not accept payment unless he has the product in question ready to mail out. If you express interest in this option, it's possible you go on a waiting list at first (if what you want is out of stock), but that would be before paying.

My initial intent was the customer-base, so it doesn't change what I meant.
 NO, I don't think that's what you meant - check your original post again. You clearly mentioned "user base shrinking", and you kept at keeping this wording even after I mentioned to you it does not make sense.

People who don't have Pandora are not users, not matter if they paid for it or not, so not giving them a Pandora does not shrink the user base at all.
Losing customers is worse than losing users, considering that there are users who have not actually paid to get their Pandoras. (got it as a gift, etc.) When I talked about the "user base shrinking" I was talking about losing people who had paid. (the customers) Because honestly, losing people who are willing to put forth money will always hurt a company more than anyone else leaving. (For example, who cares if the kid won't eat broccoli as long as his mom keeps buying it for him?)

But, as PokeParadox mentioned, you are arguing semantics.

Ed, you are clearly a nice guy. Also, I know that you are technically doing this out of good faith, since you are not legally obligated of fulfilling Craigs orders.

However, as an original Craig pre-orderer, I'm extremely reluctant of keep throwing money at this in hope of recovering my investment. I suppose that the €100+ Eur option also requires the shipments costs (do VAT taxes applies too?), which are due to be significant (I payed Craig $70 for that...). and paying for an upgrade is simply not an option, the price is simply too high.

So, I ask you this, which guarantees we have if take on the options, specially the first one? Since I'm not dropping a cent more for more "estimations".
 I'm not sure what you're getting at, but if the question here is "will paying put me on another list waiting to be served?": No. Ed has said repeatedly that he will not accept payment unless he has the product in question ready to mail out. If you express interest in this option, it's possible you go on a waiting list at first (if what you want is out of stock), but that would be before paying.
I'd agree with Znirk. You are in pretty good hands with EvilDragon. I don't see him taking your money until he has a Pandora that he can ship to you.

-God Ginrai

ED, your willingness to help out is pretty incredible, and greatly appreciated by me, and I hope at least a few others who ordered from Craig. At this point, it seems to me that I've made all the wrong choices at the wrong times and doomed myself to really receive nothing. The last nail in the coffin was thinking I might actually receive a refund (ha!). I think if nothing's headed my way in the foreseeable future (sounds like that's the case), at the very least a discount on a future device would be worth considering. I guess it's something, though I probably wouldn't be able to afford it anyway, realistically.

With the poll: Any offer you make sounds more than "fair" to me, because you're not obligated to do anything. But I think I'll be one of the people who slips through the cracks here and gets nothing, if I'm honest. I don't have any solutions and this isn't a blame game, I'm just saying where I think I stand in the whole mess and I can confirm that it sucks.

This sounds as fair as possible, given the circumstances. I am a late first-batch pre-orderer, from early 2010. There were no more slots in ED's queue at the time, so I ended up going with Craig.

While I would like to be able to just "throw money at the problem to make it go away", unfortunately that's not an option for me now. When I answered the survey, I opted to wait for a Rebirth Edition. I see there's no option on the original post for a Rebirth - only original or 1GHz, perhaps this was addressed somewhere in the thread?

I would happily pay for a 1GHz if I had the money to spare. I do pale a bit at essentially paying $750 all-in for a Pandora that would normally only cost me ~$620 (if I understand right, the pre-order money is basically as good as gone?), but I suppose that's a relatively small price to pay for a computer I dreamed about for years and years.

ED, if I'm ever in Ingolstadt, I owe you a drink of your choosing. Thanks for being awesome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
 I see there's no option on the original post for a Rebirth - only original or 1GHz, perhaps this was addressed somewhere in the thread?
The problem here is that the Rebirth costs only a few dollars less to produce than the GHz. By the time you're funding a new Rebirth at cost, you might as well choose the GHz.

Hello,

I just wanted to say a big thank you to ED !

After 4 years and 7 months of nothing from Craig, I got a Pandora from ED in under two weeks !

I just started it and it looks very good ! Now it's time to run software and enjoy !

Thanks ED !

In the survey I had opted for 150€ for upgrade.

Then, I have change my mind and with some effort ($$), today (10/12/2013 15:02:31) I succed to cross-upgrade to 1Ghz pandora.

Now I'm waiting a little but more to start playing with it :)

In the survey I had opted for 150€ for upgrade.

Then, I have change my mind and with some effort ($$), today (10/12/2013 15:02:31) I succed to cross-upgrade to 1Ghz pandora.

Now I'm waiting a little but more to start playing with it :)
Got mine yesterday, having so much fun tinkering and getting used to it, good decision! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back