Top 10 native games?

rohezal

Advanced Member
I would be very interested to get a top 10 list of games which run natively (apk and lunichsbox ogl is ok) on the Pandora.

Since my Pandora is on its long journey, I would like to hear your opinions.

My favourites from PC:

Quake 3 Arena (it works or?)

Battle for Wesnoth

World of Goo

Flare

Command and Conquer

Super Tux (the jump and run)

Alien vs Predator

Super Tux Cart

VCMI (heroes 3 open source port)

Aquaria

___

I would like to see Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy

Last edited by a moderator:
Quake3 runs, but has some glitches and controlproblems. VCMI is not ported and very incomplete. Command and Conquer has no native port.

Oh C&C has not port? My bad. What are your favourite native top 10 games? I realy want to know more cool games :) .

While AvP is just about playable i find there's a lot of visual distortion when i play, I'd like to say Quake II, which is very fun to play on Pandora - until it randomly freezes up. Warzone 2100 is pretty good runs fairly well on 1Ghz.

i'm not sure if by naitive games you mean ports from other systems that can run naitively or just things that can run on Pandora without the need of other emulation software, but either way i'll give you a list of the awesome games I play the most:

Battle for Wesnoth

Froggatto

Super Geometry Dust

Homeworld

Open Tyrian

Trans-Dimensional Hellspiders

Inside a Star-filled Sky

White Butterfly

Garden of Coloured Lights

Microbes 

ASCII pOrtal

Streets of Rage Remake

theres my top 12 consider the two extra a freebie

Edit: i forgot VVVVVV so make that 13!

Descent

eduke32

doomrunner

gemrb

open tyrain

open dune

dune dynasty

stratagus

heroes of might and magic2

dopewars (now we just need highgrow and maybe ganja farmer)

This openredalert pnd is from a version that has bugs, that makes it unplayable in singleplayer as a lot of stuff is not properly integrated.

Multiplayer might work though.

Newer versions don't build for me and seem to use c# now...

Microbes

Dune Dynasty

Homeworld

Battle for Wesnoth

NXEngine - Cave Story

BattleJewels

Flare

FreeSynd (still need to test that one. But if it even remotely work :ph34r:   )

Erebus

PandaBAS (not really a game, but it's quite fun to get my old and dusty books with ZX Spectrum games source code and try to make them work and even improve them)

Actually we do have command & conquer.. You ported it Mcobit!    I see it's an Alpha release PND, so not sure how well it works. I never tried it.

The openRA page claims this supports the original game as well. There has been a few updates since you made this PND.. got to wonder if it improved at all.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=openredalert
This openredalert pnd is from a version that has bugs, that makes it unplayable in singleplayer as a lot of stuff is not properly integrated.

Multiplayer might work though.

Newer versions don't build for me and seem to use c# now...
while i have no love for the RA series i love a bit of C&C1 & 2, i know Mcorbit has said in the past that Tiberian Sun is a little too demanding for Pandora and maybe i can get Tiberian Dawn running through Qemu (if i ever find the time to set it up correctly) but i still dream of Pandora ports of these... Back in reality i'll just play the excellent port of Dune Dynasty for my Westwood fix.

Back