Big commerial games on Pandora

rohezal

Advanced Member
I wanted to know what big commercial games are being avaible on Pandora. Big = 1 year+ development from more than 3 people. And how well the work.

This would be a very interessting thread, since emulation and indy games are nice, but playing real pc games is one thing, that makes the pandora special. Please dont post casual stuff like angry birds. Please post any game i missed. Big indy projects like battle for wesnoth are welcomed too.

Native:

Doom

Aquaria

7 Kingdoms

Quake 3

Alien vs Predator

Warzone 2100

Lugaru

World of Goo

Duke Nukem

Quake 1

Quake 2

Shadow Warrior

Android:

Counter Strike

Max Paine ?

GTA 3 (i think it worked bad)

Maybe Future Games:

Jedi Knight 2 ?

Jedi Knight Academy ?

Doom3 ???

The Dark Mod ???

VCMI (heroes 3) ???

Other big games:
Battle for Wesnoth

Wagic

Flare

Last edited by a moderator:
Native:

Rise of the Triad (ROTT)

Descent

Syndicate (still buggy but in early phase, so will hopefully improve)

Outrun (via Cannonball)

Der Clou! (The Sting!)

Lemmings

Pushover

(last two are full remakes)

Maybe Future Games:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Other big games:

Clonk Planet (did't play much yet, but it seems to be huge)

ASCII Portal (maybe doesn't fit your idea of big games, but it has tons of great user created level-packs that will keep you busy for a long time, and really manages to recreate that "Portal-feeling")

There is no Counter Strike for Android, everything that is available is just a cheap clone.

other than that (all native):

VVVVVV

Super Hexagon

(both developed by small teams <3 people, but so was Lugaru and World of Goo for that matter - by commercial success I would call them big)

X-COM: Terror from the Deep

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans

Vectar, Cave Story, The Maze of Golious Remake, Le Abaie des Morts and the already mentioned comercial games.

Wolfenstein 3D is a personal favorite of mine.

Last edited:
Was the source of return to castle wolfenstein released? If not I don't think there would be a port for it.

Edit: Yes it was :) .

No working pnd for quake3World of goo is not native. Btw.
Quake 3 works quite well on the Pandora :)
Source?
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,65

Put the nubs in joystick mode before launching.. Using the left nub during gameplay makes the controls wonky, just hit escape in the menu and back during game play to correct this.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/8d7_yU5c810?feature=oembed

Watch at 34:30 ;)

Woah, Dark Forces works this well? Is that with DosBox or PCSX ReARMed? After Blood didn't run that well I never bothered to try Dark Forces, but it seems to run perfectly!

Back