There Will Be 2 Consoles Xgp And Gpx2

i don't think the GPX whatever PMP is going to be the one Craig is going to be selling, he wouldn't say that we "won't be disappointed" but if it is the PMP then i can see being disappointed.

Anyway, as long as this system does better than the Gizmondo, i'll be happy. Not sure why, but i really don't like that system.

What I get from all this is that the XGP will be a widescreen console, and the GPx2 will be the PMP. I will probably go for the GPx2 as it seems to be the one that GBAX and GP32z supports. And besides, we should all know by now that being a PMP doesn't necessarily mean anything. I mean, just look at the GP32 BLU's box. "Play anywhere, Enjoy anytime mp3, movies, Images,text..." Notice it says nothing whatsoever about games/emulators and yet it plays them anyway.

Also, note again that Jr2Swiss assures me that his store, GP32z, will also be supporting the GPx2, so don't go handing all the credit to Craig.

Seems like Gamepark are going down the Gizmondo route :) "We'll make this perfect handheld with ubber specs that no one will wan't". Spot on.

Squidge posted on Jul 20 2005 at 08:10 PM said:
Seems like Gamepark are going down the Gizmondo route :) "We'll make this perfect handheld with ubber specs that no one will wan't". Spot on.

You bought one. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Angel posted on Jul 20 2005 at 08:20 PM said:
Seems like Gamepark are going down the Gizmondo route :)  "We'll make this perfect handheld with ubber specs that no one will wan't". Spot on.

Yeah and then he ripped it apart ( rich git!)

It strange I can't understand what the confusion is all about.

Gamepark are releasing a handheld called Xgp. This is NOT the one Craig at gbax will be selling and it will NOT support homebrew. We have the specs of this handheld.

Gamepark Holdings are creating their own handheld, this is the one that Craig will be selling and does support homebrew. We don't have the specs for this handheld as yet.

All clear.

Angel posted on Jul 20 2005 at 09:08 PM said:
Anyway, as long as this system does better than the Gizmondo, i'll be happy. Not sure why, but i really don't like that system.

Probably because of Sticky Balls or Furious Phil And The Dawn of The Mutants :p
More reasons check Gizmondo's list of games.

Angel posted on Jul 20 2005 at 09:20 PM said:

Sorry, I'm a gadget freak. Need to have everything, and need to find out how everything works B)

After failing to try and read the flash out of it via the jtag connections, I stuck it back together (minus a few bits like a few screws, the metal covers over the chips, etc...). Still works, which is a bonus. Just trying to hack it now to accept homebrew, then it'll probably sit in the "unused gadgets" drawer for the rest of it's life.

jmetal88 posted on Jul 20 2005 at 08:04 PM said:
What I get from all this is that the XGP will be a widescreen console, and the GPx2 will be the PMP. I will probably go for the GPx2 as it seems to be the one that GBAX and GP32z supports. And besides, we should all know by now that being a PMP doesn't necessarily mean anything. I mean, just look at the GP32 BLU's box. "Play anywhere, Enjoy anytime mp3, movies, Images,text..." Notice it says nothing whatsoever about games/emulators and yet it plays them anyway.

Also, note again that Jr2Swiss assures me that his store, GP32z, will also be supporting the GPx2, so don't go handing all the credit to Craig.

I think the PMP one will be the widescreen one. Movies are ok with widescreen, emus are not so PMP=widescreen = movies. The one craig will be selling is the "gp32II" version which will be like a buffed up GP32.

Does this mean that gp32x.de will be changing it's name to gpx2x.com? :huh:

Or gpmpx.com?

Um... Can I change my name too? :rolleyes:

DaveC posted on Jul 20 2005 at 05:32 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Jul 20 2005 at 08:04 PM said:

I think the PMP one will be the widescreen one. Movies are ok with widescreen, emus are not so PMP=widescreen = movies. The one craig will be selling is the "gp32II" version which will be like a buffed up GP32.

Reread the entire thread. Every single post. You will discover you are wrong, and are just confusing people.

And like I mentioned, they may be advertising it (GPx2) as a PMP, but it will most certainly end up being like a beefed up GP32 (right down to aspect ratio). The XGP will almost certainly be a PSP clone, which I don't particularly find useful.

EDIT: Besides, games are basically interactive media. Who says a PMP wouldn't play games? XGP is the widescreen one. GPx2 is described as a PMP. Craig is assuring us we'll be happy with the GPx2, and I have corresponded with Jr2Swiss and he says we'll definately not be dissappointed with the GPx2 (yes, he actually called it that). So yes, if you read all nine pages, unless your are just stubborn, you can see that the GPx2 "PMP" is not just a PMP and is actually what most of us would rather have.

GPX2 doesn't really excite me to be honest.

Unless they emulate up to 3rd generation consoles such as N64 and PS1. I've had enough of SNES and everything before SNES.

On the other hand, XGP sounds more promising with external USB hard disc support and 64 meg RAM. Sounds already very much capable of emulating PS1 games and handling large ISO file.

Only if they change native screen resolution would make it much more plausible for emulation.

Blah posted on Jul 20 2005 at 06:13 AM said:
I see no problem with the screen, since it is 4", letterboxing a 320x240-ish image ends up with a picture the size of our current screen :D

Ok kidz, I see there may be some confusion about the screen sizes, aspects, resolutions etc. So here is the graphic example to clear things up. The column on the left are the screens of the different systems with the exact sizes (If you have a 21" monitor that is calibrated like mine you can actually measure them and they all come out to the correct size). If not all that matters are the relative sizes. The black areas are the actual LCDs and the 1:1 MD Sonic image fills each screen different with different amounts of letter/window boxing because of resolution of each LCD. The column on the right are the exact images taken out of the screens for size comparison. As you can see even though the current GP32 has the smallest diagonal measure of the three, it is actually slightly taller than the others because of the aspect. Because of the pixel size being larger and the resolution matching closer the game running on the GP32 is actually LARGER than the others.

This is why a 320 x 240 4:3 is actually better for emulation.

screensize.jpg

The XGP will have difficult times with the screen for emulation but who told you that it will be open source? I think that they don't coun't on this but on decent 3rd party support just like PSP. And the open source one would be the GPX2 which will have the same screen as GP32 and probably no 3rd party support just as gp32_console :D

I just wanna sit in the corner and suck my thumb untill I can see Craig and GP32z sell something - I'm going to sulk and keep my head down till then

Back