Power/design Gpx2 V.s. Xgp

Ruune, as much as I agree with you, it's pretty obvious from your insult-riddled reply that you're the one guilty of much of what you've been accusing there.

There's a right way and a wrong way to approach these situations. And you've just made yourself look like a right dick.

"Also, If, as you say, the GPX2 has nothing to do with the commercial market, then please tell us why GPH decided to add digital rights management into the OS?"

I'd imagine they're planning on selling their own games through a similar online distribution system that we had going with the GP32 for a while. They don't have any great hopes for the GPX2 as a commercial system, that much is obvious.

Ruune posted on Aug 19 2005 at 10:31 PM said:
Very well written CB, accept for the spacing :) I guess the GP32 scene has gone down the path of forum dick-headedness. Let me paraphrase "omg that guy called it Tiger Telemantic's and not Tiger, OMFG lets jump him! And he used improper line spacing? BLASHPHOMY!! I have nothing better to do but flame people on a handheld console forum. I am uber-l33t now. I have digital testosterone spikes becuase i'm 12 and puberty just smacked me in the face. l33tl33tl33tl33t."

Of course the GBA micro is a new product, marketed as such by nintendo. It may play GBA games, but it required r&d, right? Don't let some of these forum crawling kiddies make you think they know something. They're just cool becuase their moms bought them the korean console they asked for. Not to mention that they get hard when they use google to prove people wrong.

wtf is wrong with you people?

I can't wait to get flamed for this post. But its funny how much I just won't care.

later

Sorry to flame really badly, CB's post reads to me like "BLAH, BLAH, BLAH community expects", thats neither a good post or a bad post. I write posts exactly the same way(search some of my posts I write war and peace and end up badly making my point). People do concentrate on little glitches while ignoring the point, because thats what stands out to them. Its not anyones fault.

I don't like the term community, I think the're two groups that found a liking for the unloved GP32 the fans(who liked the games/emulators etc), and the homebrew developers/hardware hackers who liked the overpowered GP32 which I think fall into a community of themselves. I have stated that I hope the GPX2 becomes a real linux device so its not a small group of people, but part of a larger community of linux handheld devices.

Neither of the Gameparks have done something the "community" expected. What was expected was a simple overpowered(In terms of competitors) handheld device, with gaming controls. What they have with the GPnextgen is something quite different. Because the market is already oversaturated by them(It would be if only PSP was out there).

What has been done has been discussed to death.

GPX2 has been created to maintain interest from those people who alreadly have a GP32, but were finding its limits, wanted a more modern design, or just want an improved GP32(what the GP32 had become not what once was). IMO it is just a better GP32(now).

XGP is trying to be what the GP32 failed to be. A successful commercial product in its own right. With commercial games, and fancy features. IMO its this years GP32(as was).

Last edited by a moderator:
tengen posted on Aug 19 2005 at 05:24 PM said:
do you serously think that in a world of psp's and ds's that the world needs another reason to throw away 100 bucks for this thing? c'mon! get real!
I heard that the Micro is going to sell for less than $40USD. That's why they're making it, to appeal to more audiences. It IS a new product. They're not putting GBASP parts in a smaller case, supposedly they're making this from a new production line so it can be sold cheaper.

iignotus posted on Aug 20 2005 at 04:01 AM said:
do you serously think that in a world of psp's and ds's that the world needs another reason to throw away 100 bucks for this thing? c'mon! get real!
I heard that the Micro is going to sell for less than $40USD. That's why they're making it, to appeal to more audiences. It IS a new product. They're not putting GBASP parts in a smaller case, supposedly they're making this from a new production line so it can be sold cheaper.

Nope It's gonna be more expensive than SP.

Nintendo just announced Mirco's price for Korea, and they're about USD 100~110. Much more than what SP costs (60~70)

polooo2 posted on Aug 19 2005 at 11:06 PM said:
iignotus posted on Aug 20 2005 at 04:01 AM said:

Nope It's gonna be more expensive than SP.

Nintendo just announced Mirco's price for Korea, and they're about USD 100~110. Much more than what SP costs (60~70)
Oh WOW you're right. That's terrible. There's no reason for that.

polooo2 posted on Aug 19 2005 at 09:30 PM said:
SP = better screen, backlit, smaller design

Micro = even smaller and backlit

GBA= obsolete
Not to try and end the flame wars, but isn't the GBA SP and GBA Micro front-lit, not back-lit?

Ranma13 posted on Aug 20 2005 at 06:29 AM said:
polooo2 posted on Aug 19 2005 at 09:30 PM said:
SP = better screen, backlit, smaller design

Micro = even smaller and backlit

GBA= obsolete
Not to try and end the flame wars, but isn't the GBA SP and GBA Micro front-lit, not back-lit?
Now THIS I'm (pretty...) sure of. The GBA Micro has a back-lit screen, while the SP has a front-lit.

yes the pictures i saw, show that the GBA micro ist a "blu" ;)
sad thing that its so expensive, i would really think about buying one if it would be cheaper. The price for europe is 99€, and thats much more than a SP.

When I first saw the Micro, I figured it would be priced around $50 - $60. Was I ever wrong. ;)

Nintendo is gonna make a ton of money on that thing assuming people pay the $100. I don't want one though, I hate small screens, the DS screens are already too small for my liking.

K well suppose they market it at 89.99 and it sells. I will bet that upon release the Micro out sells the PSP.

Just a guess.

C B Felterbush posted on Aug 22 2005 at 07:15 AM said:
K well suppose they market it at 89.99 and it sells. I will bet that upon release the Micro out sells the PSP.
Not likely. The PSP is a new console, the Micro is a redesign of an old one. Just like how the PS2 slimline didn't sell tons, I doubt the Micro will sell more than the PSP.

Ranma13 posted on Aug 22 2005 at 11:43 AM said:
C B Felterbush posted on Aug 22 2005 at 07:15 AM said:
Not likely. The PSP is a new console, the Micro is a redesign of an old one. Just like how the PS2 slimline didn't sell tons, I doubt the Micro will sell more than the PSP.
ps2 slimline not selling? everywhere ran out of them they sold that well!

<_< I must say the PS2 slimline had EXTREEMLY good sales. Not as good as the GBA SP but good.

Nintendo has been putting a lot of emphasis on marketing the DS as a separate line of hardware not to conflict with the GBA. Though the GBA has seen release in four forms
I would still go out on a limb and say the Micro sales will rival the SP’s. I think it is a possibility that it may “MAY” sell more units than the PSP

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/31/technology...tech/psp_sales/

The PSP sales were good but could have been better and to date have only sold roughly half what the DS has. I won’t be getting one because I got a DS and I hope to see one of these new systems either the GPx2 or the XGP emulate the GBA.

New shell = new look
New look = raised interest
Raised interest = $$$

so we will see.

C B Felterbush posted on Aug 22 2005 at 06:17 PM said:
How do I post a picture??? :huh:

You have to host it somewhere on the net and post the link to it on here.

Not sure of the addresses, But try

photobucket
Imageshack
etc.

I could host it for you if you pm me and i`ll post the link to you.

Trooper

The PStwo had strong sales simply because sony starved the market as they killed of the fatter PS2 stock. Demand built up and once the lim version hit the market all those people who couldnt buy one did so at the same time.

The micro will not outsell the PSP, it's going to be above the price range for most people at 90 bucks. Most peole I've heard from at it;s unvailing have said things like "the GBASP is fine I dont need a smaller version" or "maybe if it's 50 bucks I might buy it" so really there's already resistance. It's a marketing game. they just want to try and keep the GBA fresh for the next 2 years before they release a NEW gameboy. They could have done the same by just releasing new colors, but they'd have no reason to raise the price.

many people were expecting to see the gameboy advance 2, me included at this years CES show. When they unveiled the micro at the launch presentation there was gasps of disapointment and not disbelief.

x68000 posted on Aug 23 2005 at 07:50 AM said:
many people were expecting to see the gameboy advance 2, me included at this years CES show. When they unveiled the micro at the launch presentation there was gasps of disapointment and not disbelief.
Gameboy Advance 2??!!?!!? FTW?!

Back