Release The Tube

sepulep

The Tube

A freeware minimalistic youtube browser based on youtube-dl and mplayer.

01012019 - build 20
- update youtube-dl, since menu update didn't work here; may need cleanup of appdata/thetube dir

01012018 - build 19
- update youtube-dl
- allow use of mplayer from panplayer2,
this improves tearing
- change video player with m, saves last used
- config of video player may need some fine tuning
(for e.g. tv out)

10082016 - build 18

- update pafy, youtube_dl libs
- pafy uses youtube_dl as backend now, startup and first playback may be slower

03012016 - build 17

- fix renewal of DNS info if started with network down
- fix playback of playlist items

Last edited:
Nice, maybe whit this Programm, Youtube dos work whit my Pandora :)

Mybe i can watch Gronkhs Minecraft LPs via Pandora on the LCD TV :)

I think i will give it a try

Finally! I testet it and it works great for me. :)

Will the comments be imported in the future?

Phew ... proper DOS-emulation, Youtube, decent N64... Pandora has grown up.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorow, i wants to try this out whit my Circuit Co Pandora, and the TV Out Cable and the LCD TV..

Dos it Supports Channels??

Yepp, the Pandora are going to be awesome in his old days: better N64, DS Emulator, TV Out Cable, old in German probitet Killer Games like Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Quake 3 etc.. and now a usefull Youtube Browser..

Finally! I testet it and it works great for me. :)

Will the comments be imported in the future?
Tomorow, i wants to try this out whit my Circuit Co Pandora, and the TV Out Cable and the LCD TV..

Dos it Supports Channels??
comments nor channels are currently shown/supported - may add this later ..

Probably worth mentioning that to use this you need to codec pack installed to give you mplayer.
yup (I mention this now on the repo) - it should give a warning if you try to start without, though..

Probably worth mentioning that to use this you need to codec pack installed to give you mplayer.
yup (I mention this now on the repo) - it should give a warning if you try to start without, though..
Yes, it does do that. Thanks for adding the note to the repo too.

Edit: Although you've got the URL slightly wrong there. Remove the 'portal/' and it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it does do that. Thanks for adding the note to the repo too.

Edit: Although you've got the URL slightly wrong there. Remove the 'portal/' and it works.
oops - fixed..thanks

Just testet it today but i get a blackscreen, but the Sound from the YouTube Video. .

Could it be, the old Codec Pack whe got at the time, the first Batch was out is now outdatet?? Or is my internet to slow..

The strange thing is, my only divecese where YouTube work are my old and my new Android Phone. .

There hasn't been an update to the codec pack since it was released. Are you using the latest superZaxxon? Run the update OS utility lately?

Hmm I haven't tested my CC unit yet with this. I'll have to try it when I get home.

Back