Release The Tube

I can duplicated matzesu's blank screen issue on all my Pandora(s).. It seems to be related to having the TV-Out enabled.. You seem to get a blank (black) screen when it's enabled and it doesn't matter if you are using the Main or HW Scaler layer, disabling the TV out or closing the program doesn't fix the issue. You have to restart the Pandora to make it work normal again. 

Ok, tomorow, i will test it whitout TV Out ..,

was to exiting about the new tv out thing, that i wants to test it on the tv..

Usaly i use my 5,5 ° Smartphone for Youtube, because the big screen..

Tryd it today whit a Unimog Video (whasnt that interessting to me as it did show how to drive a U406, and i drived our U406 Yesterday evening. .)

Whitout TV Out it works. . But whitout TV Out i think i will use my Handy for YouTube because 5.5 "...

But nice to have YouTube working on my Stone Old CC Pandora. .

^I'm sure the mplayer and the TV out issue can be fixed somehow.. who ever worked on smplayer2 figured out how to run it properly with the TV out enabled.

I get an error message when I fry to run this. I've the checkout pack installed. I get an permission error message when I try update you tube.dll . And when I select a video I then can't seem to find a way to run it. ....

^ not seeing that issue.. however the TV out mode seems to just close out after starting the video. Regular mode works fine.

Edit: TV out needs to be in HW scalar mode, can't seem to duplicate the issue I was having seems to work fine now.

Awesome work.. 

EDIT2: FYI the HW Scaler / Main Layer toggle seems to have change in the latest firmware update to the Yen symbol : FN + L

Last edited by a moderator:
I get an error message when I fry to run this. I've the checkout pack installed. I get an permission error message when I try update you tube.dll . And when I select a video I then can't seem to find a way to run it. ....
What is the error you get when you try to run? (I will look into the permissions problem - that should be easy) Double clicking or enter will run a video (me take a few seconds to load - it will tell you)

I'm in work so I'll try recount as best I can. when I first start the PND, one of the available optinos is to update the youtube.dll, when I select that it seems to start the update procedure, but stops doe to a permission error (there's a number as well, but I can't remember that). In the browser itself I can search for and select videos from the thumbnails displayed, it then displays a brief buffering message, and doesn't seem to go any further. how long should it take normally for a video to start at this stage?

I'll post thr run/0out file later when I get home if that'd help? :blink:

I'm in work so I'll try recount as best I can. when I first start the PND, one of the available optinos is to update the youtube.dll, when I select that it seems to start the update procedure, but stops doe to a permission error (there's a number as well, but I can't remember that). In the browser itself I can search for and select videos from the thumbnails displayed, it then displays a brief buffering message, and doesn't seem to go any further. how long should it take normally for a video to start at this stage?

I'll post thr run/0out file later when I get home if that'd help? :blink:
ok, updating should not yet be necessary, it fails because I forgot to set write permission - testing it myself ofcourse works fine :rolleyes:   - but failing shouldn't  break anything..the pndrun output would indeed help!!

how long should it take normally for a video to start at this stage?
very short, a few seconds only for me.  
I only get that buffering message for a few seconds too, then it stops (and nothing more happens). Oh and thanks in advance for the help! :)
btw, was this using the tv-out version? (did you have the tv out configuration dialog open?) was the network ok?

the network was ok and I didn´t have any TV out settings activated. Here´s my file output

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/SANDISK32A/pandora/menu/thetube.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/SANDISK32A/pandora/appdata/thetube
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : scripts/thetube.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/thetube"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SANDISK32A/pandora/appdata/thetube=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/thetube=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/thetube"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( scripts/thetube.sh  ) ----------
/usr/bin/mplayer
run The Tube with preference for 240p
mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
{'fullscreen': True, 'low_quality': True, 'preload_ytdl': True, 'omapfb': False}
./youtube-dl -g -f 5/17/18/36 -a -
click on: Aquabats Supershow! S02 E01 The Return of the Aquabats
Playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syP3Y-mZoH4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
playing done
./youtube-dl -g -f 5/17/18/36 -a -
[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( scripts/thetube.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/thetube': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 3

I've d/l the codec pack pnd and then d/l The Tube via PNDManager, but it seems to hang for me at 100%...

Tried twice now.

Each time the progree bar shows:

"installing 527.11 / 527.11 KiB"

But doesn't progress beyond that.

And doesn't show under my 'Installed' tab, so looks to be getting right to the end then hanging for some reason - any ideas?

Codec pack doesn't have to be stored somewhere specific does it?

^

Did you run the codec pack installer or just left the PND on the SD card.. you will need to run the installer if you haven't done it yet.

Yeah did run it.

D/L codec from the website, via Firefox, saved to 'apps' dir on SD, then used PNDManager to open/install it.

Confirmed that codecs were installed and that I could delete the coded PND [which I've not done yet though, kept it on the SD still]

The Tube just shows as downloading still, even though it's showing as mentioned above, complete 527.11 of 527.11 KiB.

Also when I look under the PNDManager tab 'Installed', it shows The Tube up top under the 'Downloading' heading still ... but alongside it shows 100% 0B/s

Perhaps I'll turn it off and on again :) ... then try install again, perhaps need to following the codec pack install?

Hrm maybe..

perhaps clearing out the appdata directory for thetube may help:  /media/YOURSDCARD/pandora/appdata/thetube 

Tried restart, still exactly the same thing happens.

Got loads of free space on the SD still so not simply out of storage or anything.

Looked at appdata to delete but didn't even create a thetube dir there yet...

Confirmed can install still ok as just d/l VGolf and Shmupacbra

strange

Back