The Rabbit Joint

quote said:
^ Yeah I noticed that a couple of weeks ago. I've got used to it now, though. The page feels naked without it :p .

Edit: Btw, once the Caanoo is out, are we going to do single news items on software releases for the Caanoo, or a weekly 'software roundup'?

Well the idea was that software authors could post their own news. But yeah its gonna have to be something we need to decide on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
So I got the train to the town with the collection point. Now all the trains home have been cancelled and my work just rang me up and informed me that I was supposed to be working today.

Well, did the standard 45 minute walk to work today only to get there and be told I've been "let go" because of the above. Pretty disappointed.

quote said:
Oh, dang you must feel shit. Was that the job you started recently?
:(

Yeah it's not a great feeling. It's not that job, no - I've been doing two jobs recently, this one was in a Milkshake place. They don't really have a high tolerance for timewasters, but I figured I'd at least get a warning first. I didn't notice I was due in on that day because they make additions and subtractions to the rota without telling you, and it's your responsibility to look to see when you're in. Obviously I missed this, so went to go pick up the Caanoo instead.

It's not so bad, I'll just see if I can get more hours at the other job instead, It's just a bummer because the pay was surprisingly really good.

^ ShakeAway?

What's the font you use for the site's logo? I've forgotten its name and I wanna make a new sig with the blue. :)

quote said:
^ ShakeAway?

What's the font you use for the site's logo? I've forgotten its name and I wanna make a new sig with the blue. :)

Yeah, them. I have to turn in my uniform next week. Bah.

And here you go. However, I make my own X, as I don't like the one in this font. Basically two intersected white lines.

@Nova: I'm writing this series on game history, status, etc., do you think it should get posted to OX?

Well it is to do with opensource gaming, since it provides news on opensource hardware and software.

Also, holy shit, my phone is updating to Froyo.

Nova said:
Well it is to do with opensource gaming, since it provides news on opensource hardware and software.

True enough for the software on the systems (well some of it anyway) but not so much for the hardware. As far as I know GPH haven't released any of the details of the hardware etc such that the hardware could be considered open source (you could make it yourself with no contraints on resources).

Peter R said:
Nova said:

True enough for the software on the systems (well some of it anyway) but not so much for the hardware. As far as I know GPH haven't released any of the details of the hardware etc such that the hardware could be considered open source (you could make it yourself with no contraints on resources).

Fair enough I suppose. I do provide news on the Ben Nanonote when news does crop up, I think that's a fully open source console...

True story: I've never read anything on openXile

The true story was a slight lie: I read the Wiz review from when Nova (?) took it on some train.

You're welcome :p

I've not got anything against it or anything like that. I just don't read blogs, unless I'm looking into a particular subject, and non-mainstream gaming handhelds haven't really been one of those subjects for the past couple of years <_<

Javacat said:
You're welcome :p

I've not got anything against it or anything like that. I just don't read blogs, unless I'm looking into a particular subject, and non-mainstream gaming handhelds haven't really been one of those subjects for the past couple of years <_<

Yeah I understand.
I've been trying to replace the void left by the GP32 for 5 years, and it looks like I might finally be onto something with the Caanoo. It's really bringing my interest back. It's funny, I don't play video games as much as I used to anymore. a good 75% of the usage of my PS3, is watching movies.

On an unrelated note, it looks like my cheapo HDTV is dying. I've had it for a year now and the corners of the screen are now a lot lighter than the rest of the picture. Sad face.

Nova said:
quote said:
Oh, dang you must feel shit. Was that the job you started recently?
:(

Yeah it's not a great feeling. It's not that job, no - I've been doing two jobs recently, this one was in a Milkshake place. They don't really have a high tolerance for timewasters, but I figured I'd at least get a warning first. I didn't notice I was due in on that day because they make additions and subtractions to the rota without telling you, and it's your responsibility to look to see when you're in. Obviously I missed this, so went to go pick up the Caanoo instead.

It's not so bad, I'll just see if I can get more hours at the other job instead, It's just a bummer because the pay was surprisingly really good.

It would have to be really good to put up with such crap.

Back