The Rabbit Joint

Nova said:
26/07/2010 19:56 AS REQUESTED BY THE CUSTOMER, THE RECEIVER WILL COLLECT AT A UPS FACILITY WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS / CUSTOMER HAS CONFIRMED AND WILL PICK UP PACKAGES THIS EVENING

I haven't agreed to any such thing, and what's more, I sat in waiting for the Caanoo all day. Infuriating isn't the word.

K so I rang them up, and it gets slightly sinister. Basically the driver apparently arrived at the wrong address and put a card through the door. Person who received the card rang up and told them they would come to the facility to pick up the Caanoo. I really don't like that.

Also, whatever happens, I now won't get it until tomorrow. GAH.

Last edited by a moderator:
klikklak said:
damn. I want to read the caanoo review already. :(

And I want to write it. If there's no breakthrough when they call me back, I will take the train and walk the hours walk to the UPS place. Not that I particularly want to.

Nova said:
K so I rang them up, and it gets slightly sinister. Basically the driver apparently arrived at the wrong address and put a card through the door. Person who received the card rang up and told them they would come to the facility to pick up the Caanoo. I really don't like that.
Phew. At least you rang them, that sounds nasty.
Edit: And I reckon dcgm was talking about the Caanoo ;).

So I got the train to the town with the collection point. Now all the trains home have been cancelled and my work just rang me up and informed me that I was supposed to be working today. However, there is this:

IMAG0028.jpg

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit: lol OPEN XILE
Edit2: Where are you going to do the review this time, then?

content.jpg

By the way, that volume control? Bizarrely, it's still digital.

It's not too bad because at least every program knows what volume to start up at due to the position of the slider, unlike the Wiz that assumed you wanted to have it blowing out your eardrums. It's just an odd choice, there's a noticable half a second difference between changing the volume and it actually registering that.

dflemstr said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
Nova said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
whats a caanoo

The next Wiz.

I'm thinking about buying the new Starcraft, though I never played the 1st. Any arguments for/against?
looks like more of the same?

what makes this worth while?
Awesome new game mechanics and new strategies, meta-strategies, maps, physics (yes physics actually matter in this RTS), and content in general. This will be the most awesome RTS to come out so far. And it comes bundled with a 12-yr old and stable community, great community contributions via custom maps (that really are awesome - most of them are like separate games) and so on. I've pre-ordered, and have been playing the Beta a little, and it really is a good game - a great gaming experience.

If someone wants to discuss SC2, create a thread for it and I'll be there.

By the way, there's a 12 hour show RIGHT NOW hosted by pro player Day[9] containing stuff like exclusive interviews with Blizzard, replays from key matches from the Beta, and the finals of the "King of the Beta tournament" (a tournament where all of the best players in the world have participated - and today are the finals). It'll end when the game launches.
See it live at: http://ustream.tv/day9tv/v3
Now if they would just make WC4 I'd be a happy camper. Unfortunately WOW probably killed any chance of that!

There is one very good reason to get a caanoo. You can say "Am I pleased to see you, or did I just put a caanoo in my pocket?" to random hot women, without too much fear of being accused of sexual harassment. It sux when that happens :ph34r:

Haha, I've just seen that quasist is still developing for the scene. What a legend. He describes his 'Mutant Tank Knights' game as 'simple fetish of tanks' :D .

If we get modship I say we bring him back. j/k.....

:ph34r:

I just noticed that you can hide that advert on the side of the board index.

^ Yeah I noticed that a couple of weeks ago. I've got used to it now, though. The page feels naked without it :p .

Edit: Btw, once the Caanoo is out, are we going to do single news items on software releases for the Caanoo, or a weekly 'software roundup'?

Back