The plan a bit more detailed (2011-09-27)

By the time the Pandora 2 comes out I'm sure 256 GB cards will be just as expensive as current 32 Gb ones. It's going to be years away.

Also, I know you noted that your English is not the best in your signature, I reccomend using the spellcheck in your browser, it can help your learn better english, your spelling is not too far off and I'm sure the spell checker will pick up where you leave off.

Yup, use Firefox. BTW, Darkknight, you misspelled "recommend" as "reccomend". :p

By the time the Pandora 2 comes out I'm sure 256 GB cards will be just as expensive as current 32 Gb ones. It's going to be years away.

Also, I know you noted that your English is not the best in your signature, I reccomend using the spellcheck in your browser, it can help your learn better english, your spelling is not too far off and I'm sure the spell checker will pick up where you leave off.

Yup, use Firefox. BTW, Darkknight, you misspelled "recommend" as "reccomend". :p

Well, firefox won't catch everything, though its good enough :)

I found this and I think it's amazing device to go big but i need to know a few things.

How much will it be in the US?

Also when will it come out or at least around Christmas so i can buy a gift for myself ;)

I found this and I think it's amazing device to go big but i need to know a few things.

How much will it be in the US?

Also when will it come out or at least around Christmas so i can buy a gift for myself ;)

As of a few hours ago, you can get one for 450 USD, though it has broken WiFi but comes with a usb dongle to make up for it, it's one of the 5 day Pandoras, this batch of "damaged" Pandoras is only available for a short time. Other then that, I think the preorder's are starting this weekend, as far as I know for 500 USD, and if you want one faster but with working internal WiFi then getting one used is your best bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Another alternative is to give customers a choice, they can drop down a $250 deposit and get in the fast queue
This wouldn't make any sense and your shooting your old costumers in the feet.

I basically made a $450+ 'deposit' (preorder) and will be waiting longer than most new orders and even longer with these 'fast queue' orders.

More and more I feel that the remaining preorders are reduced to a random number between 1 and 1200 that are now being shuffled into this new production run..

/me tries to kick CC in the nuts

People that paid early are stuck in the old batch queue, but I'm saying put in a larger deposit on the new batch and be ahead of the other new batcher's the extra quick money from the new batch will help you get your pandora early, but still giving a choice to the people going into the new batch I'm not sure if that's how it works, that why I'm just throwing ideas around for ED to take a look at.

Slightly off topic, but I've noticed the phone number I was sent as the footer for an email about my order doesn't actually work. Is there some other way of contacting someone in regards to my order details?

Slightly off topic, but I've noticed the phone number I was sent as the footer for an email about my order doesn't actually work. Is there some other way of contacting someone in regards to my order details?

Where did you order from?

I ordered via the website on 2 august, via googlecheckout. I got an email back after requesting more information on 22 september, which had a footer that included "Tel.No. +44 (0)191 2432253 (10am - 4pm GMT - Monday to Friday)", a number that either does not ring or rings once and then goes silent.

I ordered via the website on 2 august, via googlecheckout. I got an email back after requesting more information on 22 september, which had a footer that included "Tel.No. +44 (0)191 2432253 (10am - 4pm GMT - Monday to Friday)", a number that either does not ring or rings once and then goes silent.

Well, on the website you could order via my shop (gp2x.de) or Craigs shop in UK, that's why I was asking.

This sounds like you bought from Craig. The phone number should be okay, no idea why it doesn't work.

eMail would be openpandorasales@gmail.com

Ah, I see! Is there another way to contact Craig's UK shop, as they seem to be ignoring my emails to the gmail account? (And like I said, the phone number appears not to work)

Ah, I see! Is there another way to contact Craig's UK shop, as they seem to be ignoring my emails to the gmail account? (And like I said, the phone number appears not to work)

Also, it seems his GBAXuk site (as linked to under the "about us" section of this site) is no longer online. I've just lost my money, haven't I?

No, the domain somehow expired and it was forgotten. You will get your pandora... Sometime...

Due to the ignored emails, I'm actually now just looking for a refund. I may just keep an eye on ebay to see if any come up if and when I get my money back.

Also, it seems his GBAXuk site (as linked to under the "about us" section of this site) is no longer online. I've just lost my money, haven't I?

My guess would be no. This team dispite production issues and a few other hurdles seem to care about the customers. I know some people don't share that view who preordered in batch one and two. But at least to me as an outside observer it seems like they are working hard to serve everyone associated to the best of their ability. It means delays and all sorts of hoops. But I think if you were to put a sony or nintendo corporate in their shoes, they would have rolled up the carpet and boarded up the doors, and no one would have seen anything.

These gents, on the other hand, have had devastating hurdles rise up before them, and they have not only continued to trudge this project on despite the issues, but they also patiently and fairly answer the same confrontational diarrhea from preorder folk. It may be true they should have held off on pre orders till they knew they had a good understanding of how well production came together. But it seems like the risk they had to take to get the device to market. I guess they could have scrapped it before preorders and no one would have one.

I personally am very happy they took the risk. That they made it happen. Even if they didn't make another device, they have already changed the world. Wait another year or so. We will be up to our waists in these types of devices. They let the pandora out of the box, so to say.Not saying I don't want Pandora to rule this form factor though. I think they have a great code of conduct and very good values then it comes to quality.

If I remember correctly they should be happy to give you a refund. It will save OPT I thought around $75. But finding them on eBay is a challenge. eBay classifies it as an emulation device and so it is illegal to sell on eBay. They get there but are removed within hours or days. There is a trade section in the forum, that seems more promising.

If I remember correctly they should be happy to give you a refund. It will save OPT I thought around $75. But finding them on eBay is a challenge. eBay classifies it as an emulation device and so it is illegal to sell on eBay. They get there but are removed within hours or days. There is a trade section in the forum, that seems more promising.

Ah, worth knowing. Thanks for that.

Im Back, and i dit the Mats: For my favored PS2 Games, and the PS1 Games, and all Stuff i have on my Pandora 1, i would need about 72gb on the Pandora 2, but since 64gb sdhc Cards are realy expensive, maybe whe need a mini flashdrive whit this sice..

I suspect you are joking. I would figure we are at least two or three years from being able to shoe horn such power into such a portable device... Even a 1.6Ghz would be an issue. Especially for battery life. And as I understand, the current PS2 emulators challenge a 3ghz.

This does raise a question for me though, at todays tech, what would be the largest processor they could put in the pandora without effecting battery life significantly? Just wondering how far the tech has come.

lol they dont get removed for being an emulation device they keep getting removed due to some copyright "issues" where there is infact NONE, but if you explain to ebay the put the item back up for you, ask others that have also sold it on ebay (who had it removed originaly) they did this.

lol they dont get removed for being an emulation device they keep getting removed due to some copyright "issues" where there is infact NONE, but if you explain to ebay the put the item back up for you, ask others that have also sold it on ebay (who had it removed originaly) they did this.

Fair enough. That may be worth posting over in the trade thread. I saw a number of comments about the emulation = inappropriate. Sorry illegal was just a bad word choice. I figured they classified them with all the other "dangerous" stuff, you know guns, and explosives, fuzzy bunnies(pets) and bananas(produce).

Back