The Pandora Port Request Thread

Wengo looks fine, but I will use teamspeak as it is something I m used to. (And calling to a real phone is not something I really need to do.)
Getting skype to work is highly unrealistic because the whole codec is unknown, the protocol is really secure and skype renders debuggers and other similar tools useless.

my request is for them not to have kDrive. other wise i dont want a pandora. I'll have to keep playing with cpu speeds everytime i want to play a game WTF! How i am i suppost to know how to set these speeds?

PPD-X said:
my request is for them not to have kDrive. other wise i dont want a pandora. I'll have to keep playing with cpu speeds everytime i want to play a game WTF! How i am i suppost to know how to set these speeds?
http://openpandora.org/blog.php said:
Since most potential customers seem to want a more advanced GUI as standard it's likely the default will be kDrive (X11 derivative) and any CPU intensive apps/games/emus can just kill kDrive when ran, set their CPU speed, have the system to themselves and just reload kDrive on exit.
Obviously you don't want a Pandora then, though I have no idea why. What are you talking about, playing with CPU speeds?

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
PPD-X said:
Since most potential customers seem to want a more advanced GUI as standard it's likely the default will be kDrive (X11 derivative) and any CPU intensive apps/games/emus can just kill kDrive when ran, set their CPU speed, have the system to themselves and just reload kDrive on exit.
Obviously you don't want a Pandora then, though I have no idea why. What are you talking about, playing with CPU speeds?

you quoted what mean by playing with cpu speeds. the update on the pandora site says we have to set the cpu speeds of games, apps ect. if am wrong its not my fault. the person whom updates the site, needs to get a life and realize not everyone speaks tech.-jargon.

PPD-X said:
you quoted what mean by playing with cpu speeds. the update on the pandora site says we have to set the cpu speeds of games, apps ect. if am wrong its not my fault. the person whom updates the site, needs to get a life and realize not everyone speaks tech.-jargon.
any CPU intensive apps/games/emus can just kill kDrive when ran, set their CPU speed

Still not seeing the problem. The app can kill kDrive and set it's own CPU speed. Presumably, the developer will have tested it and decided what the best clock speed to run it at was. If it's a properly developed application, you shouldn't have to touch anything.
For those apps that do run in kDrive, you still shouldn't have to play with the CPU speed anymore than you do on your desktop.

PPD-X said:
WizardStan said:
PPD-X said:

Did you read or understand the quote ?.

Maybe you could try reading it again, This time without being rude. :)

Trooper

trooper said:
PPD-X said:
WizardStan said:
PPD-X said:

Did you read or understand the quote ?.

Maybe you could try reading it again, This time without being rude. :)

Trooper

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^what? can someone explain this tech jargon?

PPD-X said:

Probably not. I don't mean to be rude, but it seems really straight forward to me. Maybe you can explain what you think it means so we can figure out where your confusion lies.

WizardStan said:
PPD-X said:

Probably not. I don't mean to be rude, but it seems really straight forward to me. Maybe you can explain what you think it means so we can figure out where your confusion lies.
Seems straight forward to me. Games stop the GUI and set the clock speed they are optimised for, when the game stops it returns to GUI which resumes it's clock speed.

If it doesn't make sense, then perhaps you don't want a Pandora as you say. This was not really tech-jargon.

There are 3 or 4 Games I would like to see ported that are on top of my head right now.

#1: Tux Racer and Extreme Tux Racer. I have the Windows ports of these game, here on my computer. And I have to say, Their downright fun to play. And with a little bit of Tweaking. I could see these two games run fairly well on the Pandora.

#2: Super Tux Kart, It's Mario Kart clone starring Tux and his friends. Has a wide range of tracks. Nice look, but not very complex 3D Graphics. I have the Windows Version on the game also here on my Computer. And it's very fun to play.

#3?: Chex Quest 1 & 2. Now I know that Chex Quest 1 & 2 are built upon the first Doom's engine. Which is now, with the rest of Doom is open source. But I'm not sure if Chex Quest it's self is Open Source. You can get the game off the internet for free now. Which lead me to think that Chex Quest is also open Source.

I think he read it that the people want kdrive and would have to kill Kdrive and set CPU speed, but the bold text indicates the app (and ONLY CPU intensives ones really) do all this.

"...any CPU intensive apps/games/emus can just kill kDrive when ran, set their CPU speed, have the system to themselves..."

Nightwheel said:
#3?: Chex Quest 1 & 2. Now I know that Chex Quest 1 & 2 are built upon the first Doom's engine. Which is now, with the rest of Doom is open source. But I'm not sure if Chex Quest it's self is Open Source. You can get the game off the internet for free now. Which lead me to think that Chex Quest is also open Source.
Chex Quest is simply a set of data files which can be used with many modern DOOM engines (prBoom, and I'm sure many others) so it should be perfectly possible to run it on the Pandora, as soon as a Doom engine is ported.

Hello. i have a suggestion. why dont you take all of the ports requested and put them on the 1st thread of the topic, so people will know what is being asked, an maybe even do like the emulator list, changing the colors of names for games that are already confirmed to be ported. this could prevent asking for the same thing twice and would direct the devs to what ppl want to be ported.

sorry if you didnt understand i tried to explain the best as i could, english is not my mother language.

There was an old game shipped with Windows called Chip's Challenge unfortunately that's still closed source however there is a emulation of it called Tile World and the source is available.

http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/software/tworld/

If someone could port this I would be very very happy with them. Now here for a little bit of fanart that I made for another forum that may serve to inspire someone:

chipschallengems8.png

best voip solution for porting would be Twinklephone!!! This is a VERY powerful tool and would be more than worth the effort...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~mfnboer/twinkle/download.html

In addition to making basic voice calls Twinkle provides you the following features:

2 call appearances (lines)
Multiple active call identities
Custom ring tones
Call Waiting
Call Hold
3-way conference calling
Mute
Call redirection on demand
Call redirection unconditional
Call redirection when busy
Call redirection no answer
Reject call redirection request
Blind call transfer
Call transfer with consultation (attended call transfer)
Reject call transfer request
Call reject
Repeat last call
Do not disturb
Auto answer
Message Waiting Inidication
Voice mail speed dial
User defineable scripts triggered on call events
E.g. to implement selective call reject or distinctive ringing
RFC 2833 DTMF events
Inband DTMF
Out-of-band DTMF (SIP INFO)
STUN support for NAT traversal
Send NAT keep alive packets when using STUN
NAT traversal through static provisioning
Persistent TCP connections for NAT traversal (new)
Missed call indication
History of call detail records for incoming, outgoing, successful and missed calls
DNS SRV support
Automatic failover to an alternate server if a server is unavailable
Other programs can originate a SIP call via Twinkle, e.g. call from address book
System tray icon
System tray menu to quickly originate and answer calls while Twinkle stays hidden
User defineable number conversion rules
Simple address book
Support for UDP and TCP as transport for SIP
Presence
Instant messaging
Simple file transfer with instant message (new)
Instant message composition indication (new)

Devicescape would be a great program to port to pandora.

Devicescape enables mobile wireless devices to connect to any supported Wi-Fi hotspot or municipal network. Once the device and the network are set up from the Devicescape web site, connecting is automatic.

The Devicescape client and service allows, with minimal configuration:
VoIP phone use at hotspots.
Network login and authentication from small, limited-interface devices (using 802.1X).
Automatic network login from notebook computers.

Devicescape offers Wi-Fi software products as well as providing outsourcing services for device manufacturers integrating wireless capability with their existing devices, or upgrading their existing functionality to the latest standards.

Devicescape Software (as Instant802 Networks) was the sponsor of the OpenAP open source wireless access point project. The company's products are based on open source software, including the Linux kernel and wpa supplicant.

On May 1, 2006, Devicescape announced that it had made its Advanced Datapath Driver available for inclusion in the Linux 2.6 kernel tree.

http://www.devicescape.com/

Back