The One Nub Club

Alpha2 said:
If the hardware were in perfect working order there wouldnt be a need for any type of official calibration on a PSP, since the throw distance on the nub is so shallow, for it to be registering a down at all without being touched might mean there's something pushing the stick off it's center position.

Not exactly true.
Usually analogue controllers calibrate themselves while using them (it's the same on the Pandora nubs. If they're working properly, you can also calibrate them by using them. Takes longer, but works).

You can do the test on a PS2: Hold the controller to the top left for example until a game is completely booted up. Let the controller go and it will constantly move to the bottom right, since autocalibration decided top left is the new center :)

Last edited:
GizmoTheGreen said:
Mine has arrrived!
The unboxing : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7nhVIFrs
Nice video. I like how you used the gas mask to maintain your anninim-nim-ni-ity. ;)

Reminds me of Finding Nemo:
Mr. Ray:"You live in what kind of home?"
Nemo:"An anemonemone. Amnemonemomne."
Mr. Ray:"That's okay kid, don't hurt yourself."

Last edited by a moderator:
posting using midori on my pandora, new video uploaded and processing.
i can add that my left nub seems to work, but i have nothing to test my right one with.

sound is awesome, some songs has crackling sound though, i get the impression its a software issue.

left shoulder button is sticking sometimes.

its perfect otherwise! when are we getting chromium? :p

A good way to test both nubs is to set them both to mouse mode in XFCE, and push the nubs in opposite directions from each other ;) If the mouse cursor moves, then it needs some re-calibration, doing the nub dance and making sure nubs are centred on power up of the system.

Yup me too.mine is on the way via u.p.s.Sounds like most people have fixed the one nub issue,from the posts I read.
Ill let you know how i get on with mine.Cant F...........n wait.

Hey guys. Long time lurker first time poster here.

I preordered back in 2008, and have recently found out I am between 1450 and 1550 in the queue. I read in another thread that 3 of every 4 pandora's are for craig, so I take it that means my actual queue position is really around 2000. I think I am therefore going to ride my luck and join the 'one nub club' and have it shipped out on Monday! :)

I just hope I'm as lucky as some of you guys at getting the nubs to work properly...

marc81 said:
Hey guys. Long time lurker first time poster here.

I preordered back in 2008, and have recently found out I am between 1450 and 1550 in the queue. I read in another thread that 3 of every 4 pandora's are for craig, so I take it that means my actual queue position is really around 2000. I think I am therefore going to ride my luck and join the 'one nub club' and have it shipped out on Monday! :)

I just hope I'm as lucky as some of you guys at getting the nubs to work properly...

I wouldnt mind one dud Nub honestly. and if it really did drive me nuts im sure i could replace the nub if it was broken

Due to a slight mix up I didn't get an UPS tracking number until yesterday, but the Pandora is due in on Monday! I can't wait!

For any other Canadians out there, though, UPS is hitting me with PST/GST for whatever reason, but that's just because UPS sucks I'm sure. They are claiming it'll be about $30.

in the meanwhile, another video from me, first boot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5XpWR2kbQ4

youtube stretched the image weirdly, sorry :/

GizmoTheGreen said:
in the meanwhile, another video from me, first boot!

youtube stretched the image weirdly, sorry :/

No video? lol Fix'd

Typing this from my :pandora2ut4: :D

After calibration ,both nubs seem to work perfect!

Also joined the one nub club :D
Not recieved it yet tho, it was dispatched wednesday i'm only 200 miles away so i chose standard delivery
have no clue who delivers or how long it will take.
can't wait to get it :)

OMG ... it arrived .... it is better than I ever ever ever ever imagined.

right nub is the weird one.

Back