The One Nub Club

Dead1nside said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
grrr, they should! D:

Exactly. This is really one thing that I wasn't expecting with the Pandora. I hope there's some way that we can store the values and restore them. Even if it has to be done by us individually and not in the firmware.
Definately this is needed.This means the calibration would be saved?Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
wrath of khan said:
Dead1nside said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
grrr, they should! D:

Exactly. This is really one thing that I wasn't expecting with the Pandora. I hope there's some way that we can store the values and restore them. Even if it has to be done by us individually and not in the firmware.

Unfortunately from reading a post from MWeston, the nub firmware / config code is unaccessible without some hardware hacking. Even then we don't have access to the source code to fix it :(

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53939-the-real-pandora-niche/page__st__30__p__865928&#entry865928

still havent received shipping confirmation even though i was told i will be getting one since the 7th; has everyone got a shipment confirmation (i chose airmail)

Gee, I'm tempted to PM/email the next time Craig says there's a one nubber available. I'm assuming with all these solutions found here that they'll probably just be revived at OPT HQ, but goodness, some people jumped hundreds of spots and have fully working units. Ugh.

craigix said:
There will probably be a few from this 200 we are building now.
Given the number of resurrections, it may be worth it for you to blow a few of them out with some air and run the recalibration before abandoning them as "not working" ;)
Not that I'm not happy for those that were expecting a single functional nub and managed to get the other one working, just that, the more people ahead of me that get theirs (as opposed to skipping over me to get a broken one) the faster I get to mine ;)

craigix said:
I emailed about a one nub pandora to pandora sales.Jacquelyn said she would check with you.
I will take one if you have it craig.I know your pm box is full.thanks

WizardStan said:
craigix said:
Given the number of resurrections, it may be worth it for you to blow a few of them out with some air and run the recalibration before abandoning them as "not working" ;)
Not that I'm not happy for those that were expecting a single functional nub and managed to get the other one working, just that, the more people ahead of me that get theirs (as opposed to skipping over me to get a broken one) the faster I get to mine ;)
After i get my one nub pandy....(shhhhhh)dont give them ideas)

Seems my UPS package containing unknown contents are to be delivered today!

luckily my bro is home with a headache, while im at work :)

I have joined the one nubber club ... now just to wait for it!

My reasoning is simple ...

1) One nub being out does not affect the general operation of os and programs. Warrantee still intact (besides the faulty nub)
2) Only some games will be affected (most could use digital controls - all consoles I have ever played I always opt for digital)
3) There is a chance for a resurrection (that just sounds so eviiiiiiiiil...)
4) and lastly, I cannot wait anymore !!

Ready with my can of air ... Bring it on - :)

Delivery down from 2/3 months to 2/3 days .. yeah baby yeah !

MDave said:
wrath of khan said:
Dead1nside said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
grrr, they should! D:

Unfortunately from reading a post from MWeston, the nub firmware / config code is unaccessible without some hardware hacking. Even then we don't have access to the source code to fix it :(

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53939-the-real-pandora-niche/page__st__30__p__865928&#entry865928

ISTR being ripped a new one for suggesting something along the lines of not having total control of the source was a bad thing when the original nub developer was said to have vanished in a puff of smoke. Probably something along the lines of "We've already fixed the bug, they are perfect now, what are the chances that there is ANYTHING else we'd want to change? Stop trolling!".

And lo, thee's something that we would ideally like to change - the ability to save and restore calibration information might save a lot of thumb twiddling *every time you boot* the Pandora. Ho-hum. I hope they find a way to improve that aspect while remaining backward-compatible with the original Pandora (at least, as far as application software is concerned).

This is the nubs thread and I have a few questions:

Has someone torn apart a nub to check how it looks like inside?
Is the mechanical part glued onto the PCB, or can it be disassembled without doing too much damage?
While I was away for a few weeks, the procedure changed from soldering by hand in UK to soldering in Texas.
Are the nubs soldered by hand in Texas, or in an oven?

UPS tracking says my pandora is waiting for me at home!

Still got 4 hours of work left :(
Im so gonna make an awesome unboxing video, tribute to craigx :)

I am finally official! One week total shipping time to Eastern US if anyone wanted a time estimate of air delivery.

EDIT: I am NOT deficient of any nubness!!!!

GizmoTheGreen said:
UPS tracking says my pandora is waiting for me at home!

Still got 4 hours of work left :(
Im so gonna make an awesome unboxing video, tribute to craigx :)

Congrads Gizmo! Cant wait to see it! =D

xopher said:
I am finally official! One week total shipping time to Eastern US if anyone wanted a time estimate of air delivery.

Thanks Xopher, now i know what to expect. (Southwest CT) Sadly that means ill probably get mine after my girlfriend leaves but ill have it for Connecticon this year to show off with :pandora2ut4: :ph34r:

xopher said:

EDIT: I am NOT deficient of any nubness!!!!

I'm in Eastern Time, guess I will be getting mine mid next week.

Snow-Okami said:
Took a canister of compressed air and blasted along the nub (where the little edge is where it meets the rest of the case, there is a crack where you can get it in there good) for a good 30 seconds. While doing this I noticed there were left over plastic shavings on both nubs so I air blasted both of the shavings off.

Hmmm, so they might've gotten some dirt into them... that would make sense, since if the contacts don't work properly, the nubs constantly recalibrate themselves.
Cleaning seems to be a very good solution here.

Last edited:
Back