Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C: Speaker

• D: Battery cover

• E: Other. I'm sure you'll tell us :)

• Total voters

GPenguin, please. GPengu sounds kinda tacky. It's ok if you're going for that but... :unsure:

I just prefer the softer sound of "GPenguin"; "GPengu" not only sounds harsh but marks you out instantly as a nerd the instant you say it to someone. It's like "look, here's some cool Asian thing I found that nobody except me has heard of!"

Is it because you are too young to remember the sweet pengu/pengo games of yesteryear that many of us retro-gamers remember dearly? :)

EDIT:
Results thanks to http://www.c64.com
Note that this goes directly to the frame, and you will have to go to the link above to browse the rest of the site properly:
Pengo

There was another game that I belive had 'ice' in the title, but I can't find it. It was a single screen platform game as i recall, and I thought the penguin was called pengu.

The battery cover looks best, but any would do. The D-pad is a bit ambiguous and might be confused for a very strange hat by anybody not familiar with the GP2X.

As for a name, Anything with "GP" in it looks forced and cheesy. Personally, I think he looks like a Wesley.

Macbeth posted on Oct 27 2005 at 09:50 PM said:
No, please, wait! I've got a mascot that took me ages! Just please wait and I'll show you on that Contest topic!

what happened to your old user pic? that was great ... fo real

and can i say:

battery cover

also, i think a real name for GPPenguin would be cool!

how about PARKER ... and you can imagine a "GAME" with "PARKER" where you "HOLDINGS" him :eek:

still loving the ass-jack. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, user picture? You mean my avatar? Which one?
Anyway, my mascots are already called after Gamepark.. Gameparka, Gameparkeru etc. And you can't say I stole your idea since I posted the names BEFORE you said it! CHECK IF YOU WANT, also, I DIDN'T EDIT it, IT's on the post!

omg!!! is everyone american here no real offence meaning like but its like when you see them american programmes where everyones crying over something really small or on the shows where everyones falling out over the smallest thing and like theyre lives over with ;( in the uk if you see an ass its like yeah its an ass you dont go into huge detail about the ass its just an ass!! and even more so in the uk if you see a toy or a cartoon where it has a butt hole its like yeah its an ass not "its been subjected to acts of masochistic sex because its ass looks like a line in jack"

rather funny though your amazing imaginations.

i like the layout with the dpad though for some strange reason - cmon guys over analyze it what does it do for me

yeah very cute little penguin ... nobody mentioned gpingu i think either gpingu or gpenguini ;p

Personally I'm from the netherlands, not the usa (heaven forbid). Also, it's called PUNCTUATION! More on this here.

pea posted on Oct 28 2005 at 02:45 AM said:
Is it because you are too young to remember the sweet pengu/pengo games of yesteryear that many of us retro-gamers remember dearly? :)
Possibly. That I was born in the USSR also probably had something to do with it. ;)

i didnt know when you talk on a forum that you had to speak so profusely and eloquenlty and to dot every i and circle every e at just the right angle - i mean if i want to say something or type something like i want ot then its up to me; i spend all the rest of the time having to check things and make sure punctuation and grammer is correct so why do i have to here - after all does everyone else get attacked for the lack of punctuation or the correct use of psedonymns?

no they dont

just type how you wanna type and ill type how i wanna type unless you of course are giving the whole board a lecture? or maybe we are all sitting exams here set up by yourself - which means then whislt partacking the lecture or test you may correct me on my inadequecies if not then shhhhh the rest of the class is watching the gpxx presentation on the gpingu.

by the way my name aint jack-ass im a laird dont you know ;)

I have to admit I'm not very happy with the whole design.It looks like a freak.

The whole gp attributes thing doesn't work at all,it looks like someone just stuck all these things in the penguin,and now it's a sort of lab experiment.Especially the "I have x-y buttons instead of normal arms".

But the whole thing really,can't it just be a cutesy animal?Does it have to look like Frankenstein?

Here's an idea,how about a penguin that PLAYS a console instead of being fused with one?That would work and be cute at the same time.

tommymordecai posted on Oct 28 2005 at 12:02 PM said:
i spend all the rest of the time having to check things and make sure punctuation and grammer is correct so why do i have to here
Common courtesy? <_<

I'm sure that you type the things you want to type because you want others to read them (there would be little point typing them otherwise), if you make it difficult to read due to poor grammer, spelling and punctuation people are less inclined to read it.

Either that or they struggle through it and discover it wasn't the world changing missive they hoped for and feel angry that you made them struggle for something unimportant so they flame you.

The Jack-Ass comment was referring to the penguin, he does have a jack socket for an asshole after all. :)

i didnt know when you talk on a forum that you had to speak so profusely and eloquenlty and to dot every i and circle every e at just the right angle - i mean if i want to say something or type something like i want ot then its up to me; i spend all the rest of the time having to check things and make sure punctuation and grammer is correct so why do i have to here - after all does everyone else get attacked for the lack of punctuation or the correct use of psedonymns?

no they dont

just type how you wanna type and ill type how i wanna type unless you of course are giving the whole board a lecture? or maybe we are all sitting exams here set up by yourself - which means then whislt partacking the lecture or test you may correct me on my inadequecies if not then shhhhh the rest of the class is watching the gpxx presentation on the gpingu.

you make me sick.
learn to write then talk to us again.
thanks for your cooperation.
however this is a nice sign that something with the education system in your country and/or average "smartness" is very wrong.

ok, now to make this post less offtopic:

Nuron_V posted on Oct 27 2005 at 10:07 PM said:
Possibley the only time you will ever have to read...
"Offended by a Jack socket"
which may i add doesn't return anything on google

synchro makes a very good point here - another vote for gPengu from me. :)

Empyre posted on Oct 28 2005 at 11:17 AM said:
Nuron_V posted on Oct 28 2005 at 08:52 AM said:
Hes name could be Jack-ass
Ha Ha :lol: :lol:
Funniest thing I've heard all week!

I think it will stick... :rolleyes:

It will not be an official name of course but the ones in the know will know... :lol:

Back