Beta Where Should Galactic Artifact Test Discussion Take Place?

Where should testing discussion for Galactic Artifact take place?

• Here at GP32x.com - Limited number of threads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over at forums.openpandora.org - Still within the Pandora community

• New forums at games.randomlynx.net

• Total voters

TrevorBradley

The gp32x.de beta test forums are a good place to both keep in touch with the community and to get some testing done. But as hando isn't actively maintaining the site, we have some serious limitations here. We shouldn't expand the discussion into too many threads. And we run the risk of a "meteor strike"... the site could go down permanently and we'd lose our discussion threads here.

We're getting to the point where we need to break the discusion up into various groups.. requests for new features, bugs with the latest test release, etc, and I'm not quite sure where to head from here.

I also have a little bit of guilt about using gp32x.de for a game that may or may not be released for the Pandora. I don't have the hardware on hand and there may be some fundamental issue with framerate or floating point math that could keep me from porting it (though I assume the same could be said for any homebrew Pandora app in development at the moment for those of us without dev boards).

I'm thinking of expanding and/or moving the discussion elsewhere, and I want to look at these three options:

1) Keep the discussion here at gp32x.de, but expand the forum use slightly.
PROS: Maximum exposure to the Pandora community
CONS: Unable to expand the forum posts as required. Without the site owner active, danger of losing all the forum data.

2) Ask EvilDragon to open up forums for the game at forums.openpandora.org
PROS: Some exposure to the Pandora community.
CONS: Farther away from gp32x where all the action is going on.

3) Create new forums on my site at games.randomlynx.net
PROS: Maximum control over forums. No guilt over developing a Win/Linux game.
CONS: Far away from gp2x/pandora userbase. Annoucements of new test versions will be made here.

I'm not sure which is the best option. We've managed 160 posts in a week, and that's really taxing what we can do here at gp32x.de with option 1. We've already been bumped to the Beta forums and have lost a lot of exposure. Option 3 sounds really good and really bad for me at the same time. There are perhaps a half dozen really active people here and it would be relatively easy to transplant them, but I'm not sure about long term growth. I do have plans for different (non-Pandora) games in the far future and it might be good to set up some kind of companion site to games.randomlynx.net. And Option 2 is a compromise between 1 and 3.

So what say you? Vote in the poll, but feel free to comment as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
It's forum.openpandora.org, without the 's'
I just realized I've not logged in there for over two months, which is part of my hesitancy moving there...

EDIT: Just realized one other disadvantage to options 1 and 2: We're effectively limiting ourselves to the Pandora/GP2X community. A fine lot to be sure, but there are some keen Windows, OSX and non-Pandora Linux types who might be interested in the discussion, but won't participate here.

It's a crappy forum. Ask hando, even though hes hard to contact...
Also, nobody would really care, I don't think, if you made more threads in this forum... hardly anyone else is using it.

PoisonedV said:
It's a crappy forum. Ask hando, even though hes hard to contact...
Also, nobody would really care, I don't think, if you made more threads in this forum... hardly anyone else is using it.
I've cleared things with Chip... we can stay here and expand a bit, for now. That's the short term plan.

Back