• C: Speaker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D: Battery cover

• E: Other. I'm sure you'll tell us :)

• Total voters

shinneri posted on Oct 30 2005 at 03:24 PM said:
I liked the idea of having two different penguins, like a boy and a girl. It could play into the whole '2x' thing.
I like the idea of two different penguins as well, although i'm not sure if I like the boy/girl or good/bad ideas better.

Last edited by a moderator:
White Demon posted on Oct 29 2005 at 06:41 AM said:
Penguin2.png

White Demon,

I like the edits :D, both the GP32 and GP2X have the batt cover for an ass anyway ;).

A cleaned up version of the batt/speaker gets a thumbs up.

It also makes it look more like a kids toy (the sort that wonders around aimlessly) and for some reason I like that. Not that my view counts for anything :p.

Nuron_V posted on Oct 29 2005 at 04:33 PM said:
I am a native english speaker, I'm just very lazy when posting on a forum.
I apologise profusely for my bad punctuation and in future will read my posts properly before adding them.
yes i second that but how often do you see others do the same and not get shot down
and how many times do you see blown goats?

i think the mascot may look better as just the penguin minus the little buttons and input jacks etc etc
name doesnt matter really; geepee sounds best so far though.
so cutey penguin with a mischievious smile may be a good mascot like "yeah i know what you play,but i play gpxx!" gaming on the next level.. wow it could be another contest ill loose with a winning slogan!! ;)

He is a lovely penguin, even if he has a jack in his bum hole, umm ur...

Having a penguin as a mascot is surely just screaming Linux! Yeah the the GP2X runs linux underneath but the console as a whole has more to offer than that surely?

Maybe if he had a friend that wasn't a penguin would compliment the idea? GPoodle? GPorcupine? GPimp? A juxtaposition that would be able to show off a the more fun side of things.

It was a joke, a yellow penguin is pretty unusual and saying that alllowed me to make the GPee comment (and I thought that was funny but it is late)

No offence meant. ;)

Edit: I preferred him as a penguin, I know everyone thinks of the penguin as referring to linux and thats not true of the GP32 but I prefer to think of it as being the symbol of open source which does fit both handhelds.

I know the OSI symbol isnt tux but tux is far better known than that i in the cirle thing.

He looks like a canary, or a chicklet. I like it! Can't wait to shove a headphone jack up his ass too :)

You know, in Super Monkey Ball, every monkey has a bare naked monkey butt, including the main characters, and the camera view is from behind, all the time. However, once you get used to it, you really don't notice it, considering you're trying to focus on the gameplay.

The Chick version of the mascot reminds me of Toki Tori (GBC). :p

Hey Pea, what are you using to draw that?

Back