Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
gpx_mascot_poll.jpg

Hi all,

Just had a short discussion with Hando and he is more than happy to use GPenguin as the GP32x mascot. So the choices are just to decide what to put on his head/back.

Once its decided (say the first weekend in November) I will create and release the official GP32x wallpapers and avatar icons (with Handos approval).

The final name has also not been decided, but main contenders are:
GPengo
GPengu
GPenguin

GPenguin will be a general mascot firstly for the site (gp32x.de) and also for the GP32 and GP2x. I will model him up in 3D and release both the model and vector versions of him for anyone who would like to use him in a game? Would be great to have some '... featuring GPenguin!' games.

Cheers,
Pea

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the GP2X Screen.

or maybe the whole front of the GP2X, like his brain is linux and the GP2x is a window into it B)

and before you mention it, yes I do realize it sounds kind of weird and a little creepy now that I write it.

But hey, thats me all over :rolleyes: -_- :wacko:

@Nubie - I did a mockup of one where the gray screen surround (and the screen itself) was instead of the white part on the front, and his eyes and beak were on that, but it looked really crap :(

OOOhh, that looks sooo kawaii!
But i never saw a GP32 with a X and Y Button! Isnt A+B better?

DRK posted on Oct 27 2005 at 09:01 AM said:

It`s the mascot for the GP2x, Not the GP32. :rolleyes:

Yes and the Penguin with the joypad on the back of his head looks ace, Cute, silly but GREAT.

Names: Mmmmmm

BOB
Fred
percy
Peter

Trooper

Voted for A, I just imaged there would be a controller looking like this penguin :D
So funny!

Also, I`m for GPenguin, everything other sounds too cutish, and that shouldn`t be overdone :)

Here is an idea -
How about two of them forming the mascot?

- (example) -
GPengu - with D-Pad, mischievious and making trouble
GPengo - with speaker, always trying to keep his brother out of trouble :)

One could have A,B buttons, and the other X,Y :p

I like the speaker grille and GPengo but shouldn't the grille be 4 ovals like the GP2x?
Yes, but I had to simplify it a bit. That many dots would look out of place with the rest of the design, and be hard to see at smaller sizes!

trooper posted on Oct 27 2005 at 09:33 AM said:
DRK posted on Oct 27 2005 at 09:01 AM said:

It`s the mascot for the GP2x, Not the GP32. :rolleyes:
That's the problem, it's not the gp2x mascot it's the gp32x mascot which is a site for both the gp32 and the gp2x (read the original post again, it even talks about it being the gp32 mascot). I really like all versions of it, but I don't think it should be the gp32x mascot as it implies that the gp32 also uses linux as it's main os.

Am I the only one who thinks he looks gay with a gaping headphone jack for an ass? Anyway, I wouldn't use a penguin as that's the linux mascotte. Maybe some other cute animal would be better.

Still, very cool pictures :)

Inopia posted on Oct 27 2005 at 10:29 AM said:
Am I the only one who thinks he looks gay with a gaping headphone jack for an ass? Anyway, I wouldn't use a penguin as that's the linux mascotte. Maybe some other cute animal would be better.

Still, very cool pictures :)
now you say it, it looks kinda weird indeed...
anyways, it looks great, I voted for speaker.

little suggestion: place the speaker "holes" in a circle.

Back