Votes: 131 40.3%
  • Logo Nr. 3

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Logo Nr. 4

Votes: 131 40.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the posts on here make me laugh; it it hard to believe this is a Pandora/Pyra board, not an Apple one! There seems to be this weird idea that there is a correct choice (or at least an incorrect choice). Hey, people, it is subjective, people like different things, hence the poll!  :) For what it is worth I voted for #1, I took a look at each logo, started to analyse them, then stopped and just went to the one that I preferred from a quick glance.
 Nah, if this was an Apple one, EvilDragon would put up a "dBox" logo or something and we'd all preach it as gospel. No vote. I don't see anyone saying that something is the correct choice, merely people trying to convince people to vote for a particular logo, which is what happens with democracy. ;)

I voted for Logo 2, because I prefer the Fontstyle. But I have to say I would prefer the Font of Logo 2 with the simple, stylish Artwork of Logo 1.

Quick Mockup:

attachicon.gif
Pyra_logo_adapted.png
 If you prefer the logo from #1, change your vote to #1. The vote is supposed to be for the logo. The fonts are not final, or tied to any particular logo.

Voting will end Friday 2014/04/04.
 I don't think it's useful to wait until then; there are already more than enough votes in to be statistically relevant, the last 100 or so votes have not changed the result at all: a small 20% for proposal 1, about 40% each for proposal 2 and 4. Unlike, say, programming compo entries, this is not something that takes a long time to judge either.

Also it has become clear that people are voting based on the font (which would presumably not even be included in the lid version of the logo), not based on the logo itself. This somewhat invalidates the results. In particular, judging from the comments, the font used in proposal 4 is causing people to vote for something else, while the font used in proposal 2 is attracting votes from people who don't even particularly like that logo.
 Remove the font from each image and re-vote?
I wholeheartedly agree. The fonts seem to really be causing a problem with the vote. I would prefer a revote with all 4 options. Who knows, maybe a ton of people would have voted for 1 or 3 even but didn't due to the fonts.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of the font, I prefer Logo 1, but I voted logo 4 because I don't like logo 2...
I feel like I'm in the same boat.
It would be better if you voted according to your preference and not strategically. Now there could easily be a next no-font round between 2 and 4 with 2 winning, while if there are enough people like you that actually prefer 1 but voted something else strategically, it could be a next round between 1 2 4 with 1 winning.

I believe _wb_ is right. The "I don't want this logo to win" votes should happen once the vote is narrowed down to the top 2 logos. Or, EvilDragon could do one of those votes like _wb_ did for the action buttons, where you can rank the logos. That way, we can see the people who choose 1, but would want 4 otherwise, etc.

-God Ginrai

n°2 look the best now. n°4 can look good if it's well reworked but I don't want to see the lowercase d used in dragonbox.

I would prefer a not segmented logo.

n°1 can be the best, but it would be extremely hard to make it both look like a flame, originale and good looking and I doubt someone here can do it.

[...]merely people trying to convince people to vote for a particular logo, which is what happens with democracy. ;)
Well the ideals that most people would have is supporters would ensure everyone is armed with enough information to make their own decision. For politics there is a bottomless pit of understanding that next to nobody understands, so there is huge room for explanations how different things work, to try and convince voters that one candidate is better than another. But when the question is what logo do you prefer, I don't find it likely anyone cares to hear others opinions about what they should prefer. From my point of view it is showing me a bunch of swatches and asking which is my favourite colour, I choose blue, then a bunch of people start saying, "Oh, but green, that is the nice colour. This poll might be rigged, otherwise who would possibly be voting for red, red is the worst colour"...

[...]merely people trying to convince people to vote for a particular logo, which is what happens with democracy. ;)
Well the ideals that most people would have is supporters would ensure everyone is armed with enough information to make their own decision. For politics there is a bottomless pit of understanding that next to nobody understands, so there is huge room for explanations how different things work, to try and convince voters that one candidate is better than another. But when the question is what logo do you prefer, I don't find it likely anyone cares to hear others opinions about what they should prefer. From my point of view it is showing me a bunch of swatches and asking which is my favourite colour, I choose blue, then a bunch of people start saying, "Oh, but green, that is the nice colour. This poll might be rigged, otherwise who would possibly be voting for red, red is the worst colour"...
I don't think that anyone has claimed the poll was rigged. Also, What I pointed out about #2 looking like a nose would help prevent people from having a can-not-unsee moment after the logo is already set in stone.

-God Ginrai

Black? Or white? Black? Or white?
1339641587_43216466d1.jpg

I wholeheartedly agree. The fonts seem to really be causing a problem with the vote. I would prefer a revote with all 4 options. Who knows, maybe a ton of people would have voted for 1 or 3 even but didn't due to the fonts.

-God Ginrai
I really don't think that the fonts will be that much of a overturn for 1 or 3. Especially 3.

-God Ginrai
I really don't think that the fonts will be that much of a overturn for 1 or 3. Especially 3.
The fact of the matter is, we don't know how many people voted based off of fonts. 1 could certainly have a turnover. (Not that I particularly want that, I want 4; But I believe the vote should be fair)

-God Ginrai

The fact of the matter is, we don't know how many people voted based off of fonts. 1 could certainly have a turnover. (Not that I particularly want that, I want 4; But I believe the vote should be fair)

-God Ginrai
Well, if we do this again without fonts, I just think 3 should be drop off or replace.

I wish this one was in the poll:

post-2326-0-75894100-1396285196_thumb.png

I wonder why ED didn't include it -- because he doesn't like it, or because it would not be feasible to put it on the lid for some reason?

I wish this one was in the poll:

post-2326-0-75894100-1396285196_thumb.png

I wonder why ED didn't include it -- because he doesn't like it, or because it would not be feasible to put it on the lid for some reason?
I prefer it too. IMO EvilDragon don't like originale things. This would give to Pyra some identity, not like an insipide pretty generic logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back