Votes: 131 40.3%
  • Logo Nr. 3

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Logo Nr. 4

Votes: 131 40.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black and white, not monochrome - or are you trying to simulate the effect of center lighting the logo there?

But yes, I can see no stated reason why ED didn't select that particular design - so therefore we must assume he didn't like it.  That's the only great master plan.

Black and white, not monochrome - or are you trying to simulate the effect of center lighting the logo there?

But yes, I can see no stated reason why ED didn't select that particular design - so therefore we must assume he didn't like it.  That's the only great master plan.

I got the impression that it wasn't so much that he didn't like the others, but rather that he felt that these ones better matched his criteria, and were amongst those he liked best.

- Neelix

Indeed, this logo alone are more agressive than n°4. But because it is more "horizontale", it contrast less with the lid shape. So it would look less like a foreign element.
So, would you like number 4 better if it was titled a bit more horizontal?

photo-10970.png
While I still like 4 better. I have to admit that second one looks good with the face.

Last edited by a moderator:
@neelix, Quite right, I shouldn't infer that ED actively disliked any other designs, merely that they were not his favourite for the role. But that doesn't affect the 'master plan' greatly.

oh, I just realized that the 4th one is  a D and a P for dragonbox pyra. Yeah, 4 gets my vote for being clever.

Nr. 1 is way to simple and boring, could be anything and nothing. Nr.2 looks interesting and it is new for me, where did that come from? However, it does not really fit somehow. Nr. 3 just looks bad imho. So I vote for Nr. 4 especialy because it is an "dp" and can be read from top and down side, perfect for an lid-logo.

Logo and of course font still need some polishing but I'm sure we are on a good way with Nr. 4.
what he said

232 votes.

I wonder the proportion of fake accounts (voting for the ugliest logo).

--edited to add the reason why i think that.

The facepalm is great with that one.
Do you mean this? lol

photo-10970.png

Well, Pyra is a girl, so I figured it make sense to have a girl face in there. May need some work. :p

IMHO it looks more like VP ... at least that's what I read until I saw your post ...

my favorite is 2, I like edges.
It's more like dp then "D"p. The logo's side is curved in and the sides are really uneven. IMO it's

a stretch to call it a V.

Hmm, can't say I'm a big fan of that Number 4 mod.  It's less flame-like now because of the horizontals to me and the 'd' at least falls between the two stools of flame-like and good-typeface-like now.

When all is said and done, the 'dp' meaning of number 4 doesn't need to jump out at people.  First and foremost it's just a logo, and secondarily you can see this slightly-hidden meaning inside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back