The Gigantic Star Trek thread

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Ah okay. The use in English of the subjunctive case can clarify that kind of thought, indicated in this case with a 'wouldn't have', namely 'because that way I wouldn't have had to wait that long to begin with TNG'

Djoga'Ro

moonstruck
Towards the end of episode 6 it's getting exiting.
Though I don't like, that the elf stayed behind.

rygD

Nihilistic Mystic
I watch everything except Picard and Discovery on Prime or BBC America. The new ones are in CBS All Access

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I am watching the Original series and the Next Generation on Netflix
But want to wait whit Picard until I finished TNG

Whit best regards, Matthias

Djoga'Ro

moonstruck
I'm not sure why, but I never liked Janeway that much. I wonder, how it would have been, if their first choice of actress had stayed. From the scenes I've been shown on youtube, I find her way more sympathetic.

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
For me, it wasn't for Janeway that I stopped watching Voyager, it was how formulaic it seemed to have got. Looking up some characters I remember, I seemed to dip back in every so often, but it was never regular viewing for me.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Voyager was a stilted rehash of tng. Also they put the ship outside federation space but then ran afoul of a narrative problem. None of the typical star trek races existed in this zone of space. They then created many contrivances to bring said races into this space zone. Badly thought out. Tng, the original series and all films bar star trek the motionless picture, nemesis and first contact are to my liking.

rygD

Nihilistic Mystic
Make sure to watch Nemesis before watching Picard.

Make sure to watch First Contact before Enterprise.