The Development Fund?

ohand4681

Still Fresh
When ordering my Pandora I added a bit to be put in the Development Fund. Is there any official news on how this money is going to be used? At the time (I do not know if it was official) I believed the money would be put in a pot and a poll issued on how subscribers to the fund would like the money to be used. Is this still the case? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure they just drove a giant dumptruck full of money up to Pickle's house.

of course, the only problem with that was that since the trucks were so expensive, they only had £10 in each, in pennies.

JayFoxRox said:
The rest of the money was spent on the trucks themself.
Why don´t use only one truck for all developers?

No, wait, I have a better idea. They could develop a teleporter. Trucks won´t be needed any longer.

It was my understanding that they would use the money to buy prizes for coding competitions to promote the pandora and to get some really cool stuff out there

Some is already being used to get boards to people, once the consoles are shipping then we can see where you would like us to spend more.

The initial goal is to get everything you love ported over and working 100% speed.

craigix said:
... The initial goal is to get everything you love ported over and working 100% speed.

... and still have 9 to 10 hour battery life. :wink:

I like your goal. :D

i have a very surreal mental imagine of having my ex-girlfriend trapped in my pandora now haha

bet she only runs x86 tho

craigix said:
Some is already being used to get boards to people, once the consoles are shipping then we can see where you would like us to spend more.

The initial goal is to get everything you love ported over and working 100% speed.
As a community project I realise everyone probably can't be 100% happy (hopefully 99% happy however :D ) and I think no one will complain about a small part of the development fund being used to provide a few Pandoras for key developers but I hope there is some give and take in that as after all the Pandora will not be a success without developers so if the Pandora is being sold at a profit I hope the "owners" will also provide Pandoras for key developers also after all we are already helping making the project happen by pre ordering etc.

The development fund should be specifically spent on what the people who have contributed want ideally by a poll or some other reasonably democratic process. e.g. vote for top 5 items from a list of 15/20 and then see overall what the top items people are interested in. Once a list of what people are interested in is available it would give programmers an idea of what would be useful and submit appropriate applications in competitions etc with prizes given out of the fund.

I can't say I am a massive gamer I am getting a Pandora mainly (hopefully) for a remote MythTV (mythfrontend) device and small hand held Internet browsing machine (where mouse controlled nubs etc will be great). For me I would like a port of mythfrontend (obviously not mythbackend) to be considered and obviously decent MPEG video playback is important to MythFrontend.

I guess there are more important things going on at the moment and all of us want to get our hands on the actual console and I really like reading significant news on the progress but I would just like to know that for the ones of us who have provided extra funds have not been forgotten especially as I guess some of us (like me) have £250 invested in a project and are now unemployed.

Back