How Much Was Raised For The Dev Fund?

Loon

Whilst unarchiving my order for pandora from outlook this morning I noticed that I'd contributed £10 to the dev fund, this had completely slipped my somewhat absent mind.

Just wondering if one of the team could let us know how much was raised via voluntary contribution to the dev fund?

The Dev fund was supposed to fund getting prototype Pandora's to devs right? Or was it planned for something else? Since it was worded with "fund" there really should be a counter somewhere.

It is for stimulating software development *after* the first batch ships. Once you get your pandora, and you make a cool app, you can get something from the dev fund as a reward.

So does that mean Pickle sucked the dev fund dry?

It was said that the Dev fund is still slated to fund the Coding Compo coming shortly. I'm not sure if that is true anymore. I would hope that the money is still set aside for funding software or for paying people who have put time into smoothing out the kernel.

@Mr Loon. If you donate money to World Vision, you don't get to see exactly where it goes. You volunteered cash to the dev fund. Think of it the same way. If Craig or any of the OP team choose to explain where your donation has gone, you might find out. Otherwise, consider your contribution as a sort of helping hand to the devs that are gonna make the Pandora versatile and entertaining. You will more than recover your tenner by using all the free software that will be available.

EDIT: Spelling

@ Sold, you seem to have misunderstood the question, it was not what has happened to my tenner, but how much was raised in total?

Various purposes for the fun have been mooted - basically AFAICS it's been changed to anything and everything (always as a POSSIBILITY so that they can backtrack from it when the idea proves unpopular) in the hopes of hitting as many "buttons" as posisble, and getting the maximum number of "donations".

But no promises have been made that I recall for using it for anything more useful to US than Pizza and beer for the OpenPandora team.

I saw when you posted this topic... and I thought to myself, how many people would comment on this? You were basically asking a question that can't really be bullshitted or... really anything... other than simply answering the question in number form.

The people on this forum have seemed to amaze me once agian.

Im surprised no one has brought this up until now. They should have a web page dedicated to funds acquired and spend per project.

This has been mentioned previously. Months ago.

Pickle said:
Phawx said:

:eek: I havnt accepted one cent for anything ive done for the pandora/gp2x/wiz

I think you deserve something from the dev fund.

Last edited by a moderator:
bananajamslam said:
If we are going to treat the dev fund as a reward then I think some of that money should go to whoever gets a N64 emulator running at full speed :)

+1.
Nintendo Sixty-FOOUUURRRRR!!!!

jb0yx said:
I saw when you posted this topic... and I thought to myself, how many people would comment on this? You were basically asking a question that can't really be bullshitted or... really anything... other than simply answering the question in number form.

The people on this forum have seemed to amaze me once agian.

Even your own post defies your expectations!

Phawx said:
Pickle said:
Phawx said:

:eek: I havnt accepted one cent for anything ive done for the pandora/gp2x/wiz

I think you deserve something from the dev fund.

Agreed.

greendots said:
Im surprised no one has brought this up until now.

Then stop being surprised, because they have. It's been brought up a time or two, but answers there have been none :(

craigix said:
Don't worry, it's still there and we have a lot planned for it.

Hi Craig, thanks for the response but I notice you completely failed to answer the question. If you've got a good reason not to answer the question then please let's hear it. Otherwise could you or someone else from the team let us know how much was raised for the dev fund by voluntary contributions?

I appreciate you are busy at the moment but IMHO it's an important question that when answered will allow the community to make some genuinely useful input.

I'm assuming it'll take time to compute, and time that at the moment, he doesn't have. He probably doesn't have the total amount scribbled down somewhere.

Mr Loon said:
craigix said:
Don't worry, it's still there and we have a lot planned for it.
I appreciate you are busy at the moment but IMHO it's an important question that when answered will allow the community to make some genuinely useful input.
I'm very curious to know how many actually did added this to their order.
If (more or less) 10% did then it's about 5000 euro.

Back