The Communication Cube

I’m having sort of a premonition about my own death. Well, call it more of an educated guess. It might happen tonight. Not because of the weather. If I’m right, it’ll be the police.

Not sure how to spend my remaining time. Maybe I’ll read some near death experience accounts for comfort.

I’m having sort of a premonition about my own death. Well, call it more of an educated guess. It might happen tonight. Not because of the weather. If I’m right, it’ll be the police.

Not sure how to spend my remaining time. Maybe I’ll read some near death experience accounts for comfort.
As long as you're not running around tonight towards every copper preemptively trying to make friends, waving maybe one of those things at them they like to mistake for handguns (post stamp, kitten, rope, jumbo cup of coke, sex doll).

He was actually MS... ;)

I didn't know that he was the state of Mississippi as well as a sci-fi writer. The more you know™.

It might happen tonight.

Nah I'm busy tonight.

Not sure how to spend my remaining time.

As long as you're not running around tonight towards every copper preemptively trying to make friends, waving maybe one of those things at them they like to mistake for handguns (post stamp, kitten, rope, jumbo cup of coke, sex doll).
It sounds absurd, but in 'murica, even waving a random object... well... let's say it's "plausible"
Post automatically merged:

Not sure how to spend my remaining time.
A Christian would make sure his soul's prepared. Why not read a bit of the Word of God before your time? Fare thee well. Ah, and make sure to write your will (and get it officialized). Too bad you can not give your spot in the preorder list to someone on the forums.

Last edited:
So you DO worry, but DO not take any actions to mitigate effects from the storm?
New Orleans is in Louisiana and is a port city, therefore it's on the coast. North Carolina is also on the coast, but it's an Atlantic coast, not a tropical coast. There's also specifics in the case of New Orleans in that a lot of the city extended into what has previously been flood plains, therefore depending on a series of extensive dykes to stop their feet getting wet. In 2005 those dykes failed after an extensive storm and inundated those parts of the city.

Last edited:
He's potentially facing death, don't you think he's suffered enough?
Suffering by not buying a electric blanket with thermostat to keep him out of hypothermia?

North Carolina is also on the coast, but it's an Atlantic coast, not a tropical Coast.
Yeah, I get that. I got geography schooling in Europe. The (exaggerated) point I was making is exactly that. He's so far away that the storm will never reach (due to a high pressure zone, as seen on the video)

But I now get why USA is angry at Cuba: It sends all these storms and transforms them into higher category....

Biggest problem from the storm: Can't flush the toilet (sewage pumps down because of bad maintenance of the turbines... which means they are trying to fixing them just before the storm because: bad planning. But God forbid they mention that it's the City's own fault for not servicing them before... no, it's the storm's it's fault).
Same story from always: No electricity (no traffic signal lights). In some places first responders are already underwater. Tie your dog to a tree so it does not fly away. If your grandpa has life insurance, now is the time to send him to the supermarket to buy some milk. And beware of flying alligators when you go into a corner of an alley (alleygators?). It's fall: Trees are falling. If you lost power and cannot watch TV, watch your window: You can play homeless flyby bingo.

Last edited:
Don't pretend you don't know what I meant.

There's far better fiction out there to partake of than the word of god. Like the following title.
sigh... do I want to start a thread discussion about religion?

Begone, son of iniquity... Shapeshifter that has no name, for your name has changed throughout the ages. For it was Uncle Jack in the past, and many more before that, but their record has been lost in great fire when the first Pyra was forged.

The (exaggerated) point I was making is exactly that. He's so far away that the storm will never reach (due to a high pressure zone, as seen on the video)
Welcome to the forum. JDTAY normally talks about normal looking body temperatures he's taken of himself, and about storms that will never reach him.

sigh... do I want to start a thread discussion about religion?

Yes, especially if you put effort into your posts. Because it'll make it funnier when you realise that no one cares. :)

Begone, son of iniquity... Shapeshifter that has no name, for your name has changed throughout the ages. For it was Uncle Jack in the past, and many more before that, but their record has been lost in great fire when the first Pyra was forged.

21c.jpg

Well, I survived the night. It’s just that yesterday morning, my downstairs neighbor said he was going to call the cops the next time I made noise at night, and when I make noise at night, it’s usually because I’m angry, so I was afraid of doing something stupid with the cops.

Not sure what to do now. Hadn’t planned this far. I’m low on food, but also low on money, so there’s really not too much I can do.

It might be the noise from my refrigerator.
No, it's irritation from things that happened in the past weeks... or your neighbour is mental.

but also low on money? You spend the Pyra money already? Why not eat at a YMCA? I (almost) did once.

So I just started working a few months, and left my homekeys at work when going home. So I come home, and search and search but no keys.
Morgan Freeman: And that was the moment he knew he had to cycle back as fast as he could. But he wouldn't make it on time.
And the office building is closed and is not accessible at night. So I start deliberating where to sleep. Now, I have some friends, but they live in the next town, and I want something nearby. I could go for the expensive kind but paying 90 euro for a night is kinda expensive (two weeks of groceries), or somewhat cheaper. Meanwhile I get a takeout chinese and once done eating, I head into a Hotel that does not look expensive. But it was not a hotel. The lady at the counter attends me that condoms are mandatory. Then I look around me. Yeah, red carpet, red lights, a plant, a bit dark in the hall. In my pensiveness I've stepped into "those places". I excuse myself and almost trip trying to get out. So I drive on my bike some more and I see the salvation army entrance, which I know because I helped out in that circuit. So the first thing they do is ask all your data, identification. Once you are a member (like 5 euro's for a pass), you can get a bed and with optional breakfast. I choose the expensive option (an additional 7 euro). I get into a room with 6 bunk beds and like 3 other people. not crowded at all. I put my backpack (with laptop) somewhere save (don't remember, but I think there was a locker but maybe I used it as a cushion) and put my alarm. The next day I shower. Put on my clothes (now damp) and it's too early to go into the breakfast hall, so I decide to just go to work. Once there, I start my routine again: I grab a "panini" downstairs at the local italian breadbar (as expensive as sleeping at the Salvation Army) and head upstairs to my office (with free drinks; so why buy a coffee to-go). Yup, there are my keys on my desk.
Post automatically merged:

Because it'll make it funnier when you realize that no one cares.
Ah, a fallacy. If I would start writing, then I would care, so there goes your statement. Poof!
On the other hand, you are right, don't feed the trolls.

Last edited:
I'm having one of those times where I can't find a near death experience account I read. It was about a guy who overdosed and was in the hospital, when he suddenly remembered that death was the coolest thing ever and got really excited for it. He was scaring the other people there with the way he was saying things like, "Yes! I get to die!"

Back