The Communication Cube

Worth listening to, particularly from 24:39 - 36:19 (Macs phoning home - e.g. four times every time you click even just the URL bar) and 37:52 - 51:45 (Epic vs. Apple e-mail revelations)

Today we have been mostly watching tour videos.

I had a Dream: Someone portet the Farming Simulator to the Pyra ^^, And GTA 4 , maybe because years ago i ever wantet a PS3 to play GTA4 because i thought its got more Minigames.. now i have GTA5 on the XBOX ONE.. and GTA3 and VC Portable on Pyra..

i ever wantet a PS3 to play GTA4 because i thought its got more Minigames..

It also features an eastern european Navi.

Phone_Booth_bowling.jpg

Guys, I ran out of soda, and my current coffee supply probably won't last until more coffee arrives on Monday.

I might have to spend Sunday being normal. What a downer. Especially since that's when Ida will hit Louisiana. I was gonna liveblog the whole thing in this thread, but now I'll probably just sleep through it.

But Colin Farrell is Irish?!?

Just came across a comment beneath Novaspirit Tech’s latest video:
“I convert Windows games by packaging them in DEB for Linux” and the commenter’s channel yields these videos: https://yewtu.be/channel/UCrE7Vzc6G971XnrDyo53mGA

I have no idea what DEB for Linux is but could this be any use to the Pyra community?

The mayor of New Orleans says she's not issuing an evacuation order for most of the city for Hurricane Ida, because there's not enough time.

People outside of the "protection of the levee system" are still being ordered to evacuate. I'm more worried about the people inside the levee zone.

Right now it looks like the worst of Hurricane Ida will stay just west of New Orleans. It's hard to say, we're still a day away from impact, and they only update the track every three hours. I wish they would update the track more than every three hours, because I have nothing else to track right now.

Right now it looks like the worst of Hurricane Ida will stay just west of New Orleans. It's hard to say, we're still a day away from impact, and they only update the track every three hours. I wish they would update the track more than every three hours, because I have nothing else to track right now.
What measures are you able to put in place just in case?

What measures are you able to put in place just in case?
Meh, I'm in North Carolina, and if we see anything from this storm, it won't be until Wednesday.

I'm just kinda worried about Ida because it has a lot of parallels to Katrina, which demolished New Orleans 16 years ago tomorrow.

Meh, I'm in North Carolina, and if we see anything from this storm, it won't be until Wednesday.

I'm just kinda worried about Ida because it has a lot of parallels to Katrina, which demolished New Orleans 16 years ago tomorrow.
So you DO worry, but DO not take any actions to mitigate effects from the storm? (buying extra groceries, getting ducktape just in case your windows crack and you need to tape them to keep water coming in or prevent further cracking, waterproof your shoes, finding old rags to keep at the entrance so your house doesnt get wet and dirty when people come in. finding your rainjacket and gloves, clean up the gutters today (remove leaves) so that they drain later, buy a baseball in case the water is so high on the streets you have to hit alligators just to stay save wading to the supermarket, that kind of thing).

note: I've capitalized the DO twice, which would spell DO DO, but it's more of a psychological thing: If THING then DO. So basically you are saying: Something is happening to me, I do nothing to mitigate so I can feel a victim later. Or you have worrying super powers: If you worry, then nothing happens? Would something happen if you did not worry? Then why worry?

Last edited:
Back