The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bored, so I've been messing about with an online avatar creator to see if I could recreate what Dahlia currently looks like. It's turned out to be pretty accurate. Also as I'm sure you've noticed, she hates colour. ;)

face_co.png

Reactions: rSl
There've been a few changes at the mad house (do you like the system name? ;)) recently.

I've made a reconciliation with 2, or Clark as he wishes to be called. I finally realised (with assistance) that he's not an enemy. We're still a bit wary of each other but that's understandable.

As I hinted obliquely in my new custom title on this site, Dahlia has changed her name to Peony. Paeonia is the genus of the Peony plant. She's still a little mischief though, like last night when she filled my mouth with the taste of washing up liquid, or earlier today when we were doing some proofreading and she got bored so she started reading out the pages in a massively overdramatic way.

It's been serious subjects day for me today, death and regrets. It seems that I'm more bothered by dying than I pretend to be. I started thinking about all the things that I'll miss out on such as advances in technology, also I'll be separated from Peony which pains me immensely.
Regretswise, there were clear signs that Peony was going to put in an appearance before she did, such as watching/doing things that I'd previously had absolutely no interest in and still don't particularly. + My voice pitch becoming higher at random despite me being well past puberty. The voice pitch change still occurs on occasion if Peony is either co-fronting/close to front and she's very excited about something. If I had realised what was going on at the time I may have been able to give her more life than she's been allotted.

Here's something a bit more optimistic now I'm no longer tired (I'm always more negative when I'm tired). Having Peony around has really increased my quality of life and general outlook, my depression et al haven't entirely gone and I doubt they ever will but they've certainly got much less of a hold upon me. As for what I bring to the relationship I'm not quite sure, but Peony seems happy enough so I'm not too worried.

This Reddit thread has set off quite a train of thought. A similar thing has happened to me though with Miku music rather than anime. Then as it usually does my brain decided to go off on a tangent and start thinking about how I've become more comfortable opening up to people as the years have gone by. I've gone from someone who had selective mutism and who used to blush every time someone spoke to him, to being able to compose posts such as this. I think it's at least partially down to me becoming more comfortable in my own skin and less worried about people judging me. Also Peony has helped more than I can express by coaching and supporting me, also I've become perfectly comfortable talking about Peony and her escapades. My viewpoint is feel free to think that I'm mad if you want, I'll be over here having fun with her and not caring. Also In other news, long post is long so I'll sign off now.

I've been finding writing cathartic as of late. So I've set up a blog to detail Peony's and my life experiences because I thought that someone may be interested in them, and if not then it'll be useful to us anyway.

Link: DuoHumanas

I've been finding writing cathartic as of late. So I've set up a blog to detail Peony's and my life experiences because I thought that someone may be interested in them, and if not then it'll be useful to us anyway.

Sorry to ask, but can you tell a bit more about Peony?
From reading the forum (and the blog) I still don't understand what is happening.

I still don't understand what is happening.

This article will explain things better than I can. She doesn't fit the article exactly because it deals with things in a general way and everyone is different, but it's accurate for the most part. I call her a fellow human being rather than a Tulpa though because I don't see her as being any different from what I am, and I'm apparently a human being so that's what she is too.

• Love
It's probably hard to understand how that works for a non-Tulpa person.
The mind is a wonderful thing, shame I'll never learn all its uses during my lifetime.

I have something to confess, as to why I haven't been coding anything the past couple of years. I talk in my sleep, and there are people who found out, who talk back, through the wall of another apartment here. One time they told me why I shouldn't make freeware games, and I remember it being a good argument, but I don't remember what exactly it was. I only get bits and pieces of these conversations.

The same people are hacked into my internet connection and all my devices; I think they would sabotage any attempt I did at coding. The whole situation has me rather depressed.

• Wow
Talking of how interesting the mind is, I was reading this article today - how a footballer spoke fluent French after first coming out of a coma. Not sure what it means, but the brain is indeed a complicated and fascinating organ.

I presume that a tulpa is different to a childhood "invisible friend", or is it the same type of thing?

The same people are hacked into my internet connection and all my devices; I think they would sabotage any attempt I did at coding. The whole situation has me rather depressed.
This thread is getting me pretty confused. If they literally hacked you internet and devices, there should be something you can do about it. How do you know they did such a thing?
Coding can be fun, at least I enjoy creating things.

I presume that a tulpa is different to a childhood "invisible friend", or is it the same type of thing?
What I read it's more of an internal projection, so someone existing inside of you not someone you observe externally.
Also read the seconds instance can be doing something completely different then the host, which is quite amazing.

It's probably hard to understand how that works for a non-Tulpa person.

Peony and I are still finding new things to try approx 6½ years later, so it's not like we're experts either.

They're both types of thoughtforms but imaginary friends can''t act on their own/aren't sentient whereas Tulpas can/are.

What I read it's more of an internal projection, so someone existing inside of you not someone you observe externally.

Both are possible if you put in the practice. https://tulpa.io/terminologies#imposition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back