The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say that I wish everyone the best possible resolution to their current situation, and that some semblance of stability could surface as soon as possible in these most trialling of times. Take care of yourselves and try to spare some time and thoughts for your neighbours and those in need.

We may need to self isolate, but we won't make it through just on our own.
I literally do not know anyone who's got the virus. Maybe I can spare a few rolls of toilet paper, though. Though they may be COVID-19 infested since I still dry my hands with a normal towel.

@Dr. λ the Typer of Terms This thread is a "caring corner". You can be asinine on the other threads, but here we support each other.
The truth is: Human emotions can not distinguish real from fake. Hence people that cry during sad movies or children that cry that they lost their plush. However, it does mean it's real to them. And produces the same endorphines, and emotional reactions; healthy reactions; human reactions. This makes it real.
Say I cut off your hand, and you have plastic hands, and caress the face of a loved one... is that caress real? What if that caress is given from miles away, through the internet, using Augmented VirtualReality (with haptic feedback)? Is only the intention the important factor, to you, or not?

In the end, we are just a brain in a jar. Unable to see light, unable to feel a touch. Unable to think for ourselves.

That Miku is cool. She can buy food n stuff, she has a budget to buy gifts, a calendar for reminders. You can call her up and say you'll be home, and she can warm up the house just in time, order takeout, or prepare the furo... connect it to all your domotica.

That Miku is cool. She can buy food n stuff, she has a budget to buy gifts, a calendar for reminders. You can call her up and say you'll be home, and she can warm up the house just in time, order takeout, or prepare the furo...
But when he does something for it then it does not benefit because it's not a real person. So what's the point of marrying it? It's just an AI to serve him.

Though after partly watching the video I do not think he's mentally insane, it looks more like he's just dealing with his problems in a weird way.

But when he does something for it then it does not benefit because it's not a real person. So what's the point of marrying it? It's just an AI to serve him.
Many loveless arranged marriages where the woman serves the man. Look around the Indian expats. I agree that the primal function is not available yet, but will be.

Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
Non-traditional love/relationships has/have always been something that has interested me, also just non-traditional things in general. Looking at the way other people live their lives has enabled me to get to know myself better.

I do not really care about traditional or not. In things where tradition has good reason I'm traditional otherwise I'm likely to be not traditional. I'm no contrarian for contrarian's sake. I find romantic and sexual relationships with robots disgusting. It also seems incomplete because there's no real love involved. If I love someone then I want to have a positive influence on their well-being, but nothing can be bad or good to a robot.

I find romantic and sexual relationships with robots disgusting.

Each to their own, but you're missing out on some great handjobs. :p

Getty-Images-674906266-0.jpg

I do not really care about traditional or not. In things where tradition has good reason I'm traditional otherwise I'm likely to be not traditional. I'm no contrarian for contrarian's sake. I find romantic and sexual relationships with robots disgusting. It also seems incomplete because there's no real love involved. If I love someone then I want to have a positive influence on their well-being, but nothing can be bad or good to a robot.
I'd say 99% of all sexual encounters these days have absolutely nothing to do with love.
It's sad if you're a romantic like me, but that's pretty much how it is.
Might as well use an object instead of objectifying a person.

I could have added my previous post to the post I made on Saturday. But nobody would have read it because this is the Internet, nobody reads things that are more than a day old. Also I dare say that a fair few people would say that I passed the first signs of madness quite some time ago. ;)

Happened to me too. When I went on a tour to Marokko, we were the only black haired people between blondes. In each place we were going in, the guards would single us out, denying us access. Even if we were in the center of the group, surrounded by the other tour members. At day 4, when I was denied access to the hotel, I threw the keys at the guard and told him to f*ck off. Beautiful place, shitty people.

Also hate the fact that at airport, even if you have paper tissues in your pockets, the light of the "metal" detector goes off.. so there's a guy looking from the darkglass and pressing a button manually to let it blink if he finds you "suspicious".

Just darker skinned. Long hair like E.D. has. Wearing sandals instead of shoes...
Sounds as if they were trying to filter out Marokkans - or Jesus. Though, that would have been clarified quick enough. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back