The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker, and I've been following all the Pyra progress, closely. It's such an amazing project, and I'm privileged to be a part of it.

But that's not why I've decided to sign up, or post on this thread. The truth is I'm in love with someone on this forum. She is amazing, kind, caring, stunningly beautiful, intelligent and wise. She makes me happy whenever I think of her or see her post. This woman should be loved and treasured, but she doesn't know of my feelings and I don't know what to do about it.

If you want to know, she created this thread from her beautiful heart.

I decided to stop being a coward and hiding, and this seemed like the best place to open up. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Wally, good sentinel/forum host, a true defender. Seeing this is Moonwolf's second post, and the first post was wishing E.D. a happy birthday, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Moonwolf, things that have to do with the heart are always tricky, and need to be done carefully. The advice I would give you is: It is your turn to post, post and comment on different topics. We don't know anything about you yet, and you need to show your side, how you tick, what your likes/dislikes are etc. Are you a good tech? Do you help out? Can you paint? Do you like the current keyboard layout?

The thing is, just like when you give a kiss, you go half way, and stay there, to give the other time to think and react; the freedom to react which ever way. With a declaration post, you erhm, are not doing that. There is no freedom now, just ackwardness, as now each new post will be analized and evaluated before hitting the "Post Reply". We have had problems with stalkers before, so the forums are wary, and it might seem unfair to you, but then I come back at the fact that you have not posted enough for us to know you (besides the fact you like Monkey Island). So go and post (not here in this topic).

post a pic of the hat!

Will try to get around to it in the next few days. :)

Just tell yourself that you probably do look stupid in their eyes, but fuck what they think. Actually, that works in most situations. I know it isn't easy to do, but limit worrying about it to the times when it actually matters.

I just need a bit more practise I think. :)

@Striku, I forgot to comment on the other thing. I have terrible self-esteem, so I understand how much that can interfere with life. It had been a pretty significant problem for me as long as I can remember. It makes it easier for me for some things, as no one can say anything worse to me than what I tell myself.

For me it's standard stuff like trying to get me to stop doing stuff I enjoy/am good at, if I say that I'm good at something then that's just me being arrogant because I'm actually terrible at it and will never improve, people like me don't deserve friends so I try my hardest to drive people away etc.

Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker, and I've been following all the Pyra progress, closely. It's such an amazing project, and I'm privileged to be a part of it.

But that's not why I've decided to sign up, or post on this thread. The truth is I'm in love with someone on this forum. She is amazing, kind, caring, stunningly beautiful, intelligent and wise. She makes me happy whenever I think of her or see her post. This woman should be loved and treasured, but she doesn't know of my feelings and I don't know what to do about it.

If you want to know, she created this thread from her beautiful heart.

I decided to stop being a coward and hiding, and this seemed like the best place to open up. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

The back of the queue is over there. ;)

@Moonwolf: I must say, you have stumped me :p but I feel you deserve a reply, at the very least. So I will say this:

Your words were very kind, indeed. Thank you :).
I understand they are heartfelt and I commend your bravery in sharing them - especially so publicly. It must have taken a lot to express your feelings in such a way.

...And for what it's worth - after a lot of thought - I don't believe you are a "stalker", just a very passionate person. I'm also a very passionate person, so I do understand.

For me it's standard stuff like trying to get me to stop doing stuff I enjoy/am good at, if I say that I'm good at something then that's just me being arrogant because I'm actually terrible at it and will never improve, people like me don't deserve friends so I try my hardest to drive people away etc.
Yep, sounds pretty familiar. I take it to another level of difficulty by adding other stuff to it, so even if I could get past thinking like that everything still wouldn't be so peachy. One that we share is closely related to telling yourself this sort of stuff (but is it a symptom or one of the causes?).

I have returned to trying to lower the impact these thoughts have on me. I am also trying to get myself to stop thinking like that, which doesn't seem to work as well as other techniques to stop dwelling on those thoughts. The odd thing is that I no longer care about all the horrible things I tell myself, I just accept it and try to move on. It was my interactions (or lack of, sometimes) with others and some other ways that it was causing bigger problems in my day to day life that made it apparent that it is something I need to work on.

I'm very happy that you all discussed your own spirituality with each other. I read back a couple of pages and I'm impressed. I didn't mean to plant a seed, but I'm glad that you had some reflection. This is a separate "corner" of this website and I'm grateful for THAT.

Will try to get around to it in the next few days. :)

I'm afraid it's not the highest quality picture ever but that's phone cameras for you.

IMG_20161019_155542.jpg

@Wally: I should've known I'd have to face the guards at some point ;). It IS good to know that at least people are looking out for her wellbeing. That's another thing I like about this community. Protecting one another.

@FBnil: I understand completely, and I'll take your advice accordingly. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt.

@Striku: There's a queue? Sheesh. Why am I not surprised that I'd have to contend for her heart? :). Hopefully I won't be at the back of it for too long!

@Løra: Thank you, M'lady. You're as gracious and eloquent as always *kisses your hand*. My sincerest apologies if I've said or done anything to offend or make you feel awkward and uncomfortable. I hope you feel my words and feel nothing less than truly loved by a man likely not worthy enough of you. Maybe you'll find you DO know me though (in another time, another life). Even if you might not remember ;).

Thought for the day:

"Never give up on someone with a mental illness. When "I" is replaced by "We", illness becomes wellness." - Shannon L. Alder

I'm not altogether sure why I'm posting this... as on the one hand I want to apologize for my 'reactions' to many of you... People who have tried to extend the hand of friendship, whom I've turned and attacked with passive aggressive innuendo...

I want to apologize... because I hate causing pain or misunderstanding in any way.

On the other hand, I am still deeply upset about what had been done to me (I believe due to a misunderstanding - I could be wrong), that may (or may not) have anything to do with anyone on this forum.

So... I'm not asking for friendship... I don't think that's possible... I'm just letting you know that if I've hurt anyone here, I am truly sorry... but I still can't really trust any of you, unfortunately... it wouldn't matter how much you try to convince me you have nothing to do with 'he who shall not be named + friends', it just strikes me how blind I was to become part of a community where a great many would probably share similar views to those he had (due to the subject matter and field of work of the people here)... It was naïve of me to think that how he saw things would not be widespread...

... As it turns out.... it is I that have views that no-one is interested in and that few to none can relate to...
It is I that have been a disruptive influence... I that has been on the attack...
It could very well be that what was done to me was simply ordinary (exceptional) people trying to help me fit in with a certain section of humanity they thought I would be happy in... and I in turn took it as an attack on my very being.

It could be just that.

And the fault is mine because I was wearing a mask... pretending to be like them in order to have 'friends'... when I wasn't like them at all.
If they really are innocent, I must seem the most terrible person.

Oh well.

It's too bad. I can't change my views - I don't want to. I don't actually want to fit in... or to have friends... not if they can't see me as I am... but am I as I am? No... No I am not. I'm still hiding... putting up a 'face' to get me by in the world...

So I am sorry everyone... for all the crap I've pulled on these forums... using this place as a sounding board for my personal war...

It was totally inappropriate, and self-centred.

I wish you all, ED and the Pyra every success.

And may you all find your own personal peace and happiness, whatever that may be.

I have little to no idea what's going on here, but just thought I'd send a big hug to anyone that needs it, a warm handshake to whom I'm not yet acquainted, and a furtive smile and shallow bow to those who prefer to keep their personal boundaries in check.

Strigoi: Don't worry you haven't annoyed/offended me, I actually quite like you because you're one of the few people that I find interesting.
Lady M: I'm glad you're not going to let anyone change you, you have a unique perspective on life and that's something that should be treasured. ^_^

@FaeMinx: Yet again you're overreacting to some inner thought that occured to you and which may not have much to do with our reality.
I'm sure nobody here demands your trust and nobody demands you to change either. We're all weirdos sharing our thoughts with each other, that's it.
Hopefully you're still making your music, if you need any further help with the whistle, just ask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back