The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are so quick to evaluate everyone else before looking at themselves. When you start saying how society is as a whole is the problem perhaps you should look internally. A lot of people in society, you will find enough examples of anything to paint whatever picture you want.
Due to my family background, I've looked for the failures only in myself most of my life and improved myself in body, mind and arts up to a point were the only thing that was thrown in my face (besides height) was, that I had too few flaws.
At some point one starts to realize, that maybe the problem is indeed not oneself and looking at certain statistics describing what is currently the norm can be a bit shocking indeed.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
- Jiddu Krishnamurti

Due to my family background, I've looked for the failures only in myself most of my life and improved myself in body, mind and arts up to a point were the only thing that was thrown in my face (besides height) was, that I had too few flaws.
At some point one starts to realize, that maybe the problem is indeed not oneself and looking at certain statistics describing what is currently the norm can be a bit shocking indeed.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
- Jiddu Krishnamurti

I have the strangest dreams ever (possible over exaggeration). As an example, I had one last night which involved me trying to hide from a school friend for some reason and Lady M helping me hide by turning me into a cloud.

Gonna try and tip-toe around starting a political discussion...but this shit is getting out of hand. Also, just got the internet back, so yay

Sooo....New Orleans lost its shit yesterday (I'd like to point out that most of the "peaceful protesters" either aren't from here, didn't vote, or are from Hipstertown so their lives don't matter anyway), and they did it again today, but this time it was almost civilized. My brother and I were bringing our sister home from the school jazz performance she performed in yesterday, and once we got to the LGD part of St. Charles Ave., we had rocks thrown at the car for no damn reason. Scared the crap outta her. Nothing happened in our neighborhood, so that's good.

Also, the day before the elections, I got into a heated argument with a...well...I guess you could call her a "mutual friend," although I reserve that title for people I think I like. Anyway, she's a vegan, which doesn't bother me; in theory, I don't much mind veganism. Good for the planet, healthy and sustainable lifestyle, can be cheap, the whole 9 yards. Apart from the whole "animal welfare" thing, veganism ticks lots of my boxes when applied to diet. Unfortunately, this special thinker acts like she's aiming for a chair position at PETA or something. Maybe she is, wouldn't surprise me. Honestly, I don't know what specifically triggered her; one moment I was talking to my friends about shoes and halal smartwatch straps and the next moment this girl told me to eat my dog. What the hell.

Blah blah blah, more yelling, I'm picking my voice up because I don't play that loudcapping bullshit, I'm getting called aggressive and all kinds of things, blah blah blah, moot points are made by me and her, blah blah blah. After the main (2nd?) shout-fest, I said, "All I know is, if I ever went vegan for any period of time, I know I could never be some ol' whiny, ol' complaining-ass, ol' whimpy-ass little kid you and your [slur] friends probably act like. How you don't eat animals, but walk around smelling like hot dog water?"

Then, she drops this gem. "So go vegan, cool guy. Do it, since you're so much better than us." I just froze. I was speechless and embarrassed since my friends waited on a response I never gave. I felt like I was in a real-life "Keeping it Real" Dave Chappelle skit. I didn't know how to respond without saying, "Okay, I'll do it," and I didn't wanna say that or make that commitment then and there. My bluff got called and I had fuck-all. She got me, y'all. She got me good.

So even now, as I type this long-ass forum post that no one in their right mind should be reading the entirety of, I'm thinking about doing it. I believe in being the change you wanna see. I see (at least on the internet and this one girl, so not to generalize) anti-vaxxer vegans. Me going vegan means one less anti-vaxxer vegan. Is anti-vax a minority vegan stance? It probably is, but I couldn't think of any other examples off-top. You get the gist: I'd like more vegans I can relate to. It's very selfish of me to demand that of other people, so why not do it myself, right?

Enough about my problems though. To address the relevant discussion, I definitely side with @kasp on this one. I feel like defense mode was engaged as soon as he threw that response at @Moonwolf. I believe in standing on your own before helping others or lifting others up. When it comes to "standing on your own," priorities #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5 should be a sense of self-worth. Self-love. Pride. Confidence in oneself. Whatever the hell you wanna call it, it all means the same shit to me. @kasp and I might be on the same wavelength, because I feel like lifting weights (or just being more physically fit) is one of the fastest routes to building that confidence...except if you're a Crossfitter, in which case just slice your belly open.

However, I acknowledge that it doesn't even have to be improving your body. It could be anything about you that you're really proud of or just makes you feel like, "I'm the shit," y'know? As long as you carry yourself like you have a purpose in life. Maybe you're the best plumber in your district. Just tell your potential mate, "Yeah, girl. If you with me, just know that them toilets ain't ever gettin' clogged up. That kitchen sink always gon' be on point, ya heard me?" I don't care. Just do what Shia LaBeouf said.

e2fd3f98ba37ef63135260266c53d0c4.jpg

You can thank me later. :)

Not sure how I feel about being in other people's dreams... guess I can't stop you... but still.

I hope the version of me you are dreaming of is behaving herself... and either which way, not to mistake her for me... I've had no intention of being in anyone's dreams...

@Uncle Jack : Hmm.. the meta-ness of tulpa's dreaming, by compartimentalizing your brain, or have an angel (possibly a fallen one) interface with you... ok, plausible. But loading screens? Come on! You either wake up or take control of the dream!
At least you do not have commercial brake... oh, wait... did the loading screens contain a logo? then they did...

Ah, the technique for that is pinching yourself continously during the daytime (not too hard, of course). And suddenly, if you are able to feel no pain (or it feels "different"), then you know you are in a dream. Once you can discern a dream, there are many other methods to detect its a dream, so you do not need to pinch yourself again.
It's fascinating stuff, especially because you just.... are IN a dream, can rotate 360 degrees and everything remains consistant. I kept walking streets, exploring every corner, getting into houses. And sometimes, I walk into something I already know, so I was able to map a complete set of cities. Including differences, projects (some sand things were constructed years later I visited again). Strangly, there were few people.
[doublepost=1479064344,1479062728][/doublepost]@Uncle Jack : A few questions if you do not mind.
So, you share the mind with the Tulpa. Does it nibble CPU cycles, multithreaded as it were (A at 80%, B at 20%), or is it a total takeover (A or B man/werewolf) type of thing? And do you share short and longterm memory, or do you have separate buffers and data needs to be communicated back and forth (possibly faster than speech, due to the mental link)?

So, you share the mind with the Tulpa. Does it nibble CPU cycles, multithreaded as it were (A at 80%, B at 20%), or is it a total takeover (A or B man/werewolf) type of thing? And do you share short and longterm memory, or do you have separate buffers and data needs to be communicated back and forth (possibly faster than speech, due to the mental link)?

Multithreading rather than total takeover. Switching may be a total takeover though, am not sure because we've never attempted it (lack of interest).
For us our memories (short + long term) seem to be separate, we can't view each other's memories unless permission is given.

Terminology (has an entry about switching)

@Uncle Jack But loading screens? Come on!
It's said that people who had black and white TV in their childhood dream in black and white.
I remember someone commenting that we'll soon have people whose dreams are interrupted by "buffering..." messages. Looks like they weren't wrong. ;)

It's said that people who had black and white TV in their childhood dream in black and white.

I must be the the exception to the rule, because I had a black and white TV when I was younger, also an Amstrad CPC 464+ with a green screen monitor (my mother couldn't afford the colour monitor option), also also an original model Game Boy, and I dream in colour.

I only skimmed the recent stuff. Maybe this will kinda fit: None of the methods I tried for lucid dreaming worked, and eventually I got tired of trying. That is probably for the best, as my dreams probably wouldn't be as interesting if had control of them. Or conscious control, or whatever.

I don't remember where I heard this, but supposedly text is nonsense, or changes, in dreams. That was supposed to be one of those indicators that you were dreaming (read something, then later try to read it again, and if it changes you are dreaming, assuming, I guess, that it isn't something that is supposed to change). Perhaps it is true for some people, however it doesn't work for me. A month or two ago I wanted to try to write down the stuff from the book I was reading in my dreams, and ended up writing it down in a dream...unfortunately I couldn't read my notes after I woke up, so it was a pointless exercise. While writing it down the original text in the book remained the same, which verified for me that my dream book didn't "randomly" change.

Come to think of it, I don't think my dreams ever include language. I know what people are thinking, but they never speak, and I never see any writing.

Is that unusual?

@Binky, it sounds normal for you. I think it is hard to say what is unusual in dreams for the entire species. We are a bunch of weirdos.

Last edited:
Many of my dreams are wordless... or in languages I should not be able to understand, but I do (the meaning the sentences convey), for some reason. So, yeah, common.

There are dreams where things stay as they were, or where they change each time you look at them. It actually takes effort to dream a consistent background (and not just on the things you focus on). And once you do, it takes effort to change/morf things.

I once dreamed a song (was around 12). A guy with a guitar sung: "Goodbye to the people we hello. Hello to the people on the other side. And peace to the world tonight". I managed to take that with me and write it down (melody and all;keep pen and paper and/or a memo recorder ready next to your bed). It makes sense to me now, but I always found it faulty English, so not something I would come up with.

I also managed to take things with me into the dream. Make a tricorder/communicator with cardboard. It transformed into a multi-device in the dreamworld (you could even hail a cab with it... Uber, 25 years ago). It had functions still not on real mobiles. (although holographic projections are available, they have not been incorporated into mobile tech). It had face recognition, so you would "remember" who you were facing (lots of people in my dreams. Remembering their names was hard).

My dreamzone stayed consistent. I could map it over the course of 5 years. When finally I reached the border. It is a cube made of glass, with some stairs. If you can climb the 100 meters or so (probably more) at midpoint, you have a small ledge. There are doors (sealed, unfortunately. Glass is also unbreakable, I flew a jet engine into it... not a dent). But at least transparant, and you can see the dreamzone of somebody else. The chances of somebody else looking at you from the other side were very low. So I finally gave up trying to go into that other dreamzone. The surface looked like having a diameter of 50 to 100km and it looked like a square. I could see the monorail/subway route, and all the connected cities, even some I knew about but did not have an exact location.

I documented a new species of fish living in the swamp (fortunately, I never dream of having to work a 9 to 5... so I have free time). However, I've found some of the things strange. For example. Uptown departments had doors that opened with auto recognition (not sure how that worked. They still had touch doorbells for guests. And if I pressed mine, the door opened and stayed open, for example, to carry things inside). Others required this rounded triangular perplex key, with one side some square holes and square dents. You presented that side to the slide (no turning, no swiping). And, depending how it bended the lasers (making also use of the triangle itself to bounce the light), it would open. Yet other doors looked like normal turn-key technology. These were from houses that were not unlike the 1920-1960's Dutch houses. The smell inside was also that of these houses.

Years later, when I re-visited, the parked spaceships (human made, one was named the USS Hollandia) were gone. The few people that were left were even less. And most of the population was not human (although they looked human). Took a long time to find scanners that detected them. Not sure what is going on now. Would have to go back to it.

We are a bunch of weirdos.

I like to think of myself as a great British eccentric. ;)

The main thing that I've accomplished so far in my current attempt at lucid dreaming has been discovering how weird my dreams are. Mind you my waking life isn't the most ordinary either so there you go.
One thing that I was going to try was the following https://is.gd/OLPQNY, but then I remembered what happened the last time Lady M was in charge of one of my dreams (I ended up dressed like Postman Pat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back