The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Wally Would closing my forum account affect my Dragonbox shop account or Pyra repo access?
I'm not Wally, but I'm 99% sure your shop account and your forum account are separate things, and only distantly related if you've ever messaged ED from your shop account giving your forum login, or PMed him here referring to a shop order. But don't go - if you can limit yourself to actual genuine replies to things in most threads and only post non-sequiturs here and in the absurdism thread, you'd do a lot better I think.

You guys are sure taking a long time to close my account.

I mean, if things went back to normal, I'd just end up doing the same dumb stuff again. It's time to fix this. Good luck with the Pyra project and all that.

I'm just not fit for interaction over the internet. I mean, I even got warned on 4chan for low quality posting. Jesus, man, that's like H***** telling you you hate the Hebrews too much.

I have another psych appointment next week. If I don't get a med change this time, I'm getting a psych change.

Actually, could I have some opinions? How should this lineup be altered?
Cymbalta/duloxetine, Wellbutrin/budeprion, Abilify/aripiprazole, Depakote/divalproex, Klonopin/clonazepam.

My psych just tells me to get more sunlight and exercise and not focus on the meds, but that's bullshit. The brain is chemicals, the meds are chemicals. I can't change without changing the meds. Even if sunlight and exercise are the answer, if I haven't been getting enough of them, it's probably due to either a brain problem or a med problem. I mean, what med actually makes people wanna go outside? Give me that shit already.

I think I need to subtract budeprion and klonopin, honestly. Sounds counter-intuitive to you guys, but my main two problems, autism and bipolar, are already being treated by the meds. Any problems after those are side effects of the meds themselves. I don't just wanna keep adding more to treat the side effects either, because that's a never ending cycle. I know people who take thirty different meds. They behave, but tend to do nothing but eat, sleep, and die pretty early. Actually, that kinda sounds like me already.

Personally, I rarely see medicine as the solution and I avoid them whenever I can (then again, I have no formal diagnosis as autistic or bipolar). I have no medical knowledge whatsoever, so I am the last to advise here about the mixture.

Exercise and sunlight will likely do you some good or at least it will not do any harm. Why make it an either/or proposition?
I think that your psych has a point, do not focus on the medication. You need them, but they are not the solution.

Actually, I just had a neat idea. I'll bring the outside to me. Sun lamp, yo.

Any recommendations there? I know it seems silly to pay for sunlight, but it's even sillier to keep not getting enough just because I won't accept the fact that I'm not ever going to be outside long enough to get it. Siberians agree with me on this one.

Sunlight and exercise also affect brain chemicals...

And it is generally a better option to go into the sun (a little at a time, at least) so your skin can soak up some rays.

As for the meds, you need to give them time to see what works for you. If you disagree with the prescriber you can get a different one, but don't expect a magic pill that will fix everything (especially since you seem to be avoiding other very medically sound advice that will work with the medication).

Out of curiosity, what kind of med changes are you wanting, and why, if you don't know what you want changed?

I would let the doc do their job, especially since you want meds, but that's me.

Sunlight for me feels like I'm being charged up like a battery, I can't comment on exercise though I'm afraid because I have no idea what it is.

Shoot, I saw a cop stop by earlier and give the place a once-over. Remember I told you guys not to send people? I mean, if you want to help me, you should know that's not what cops are for. They exist only to neutralize threats, either by shooting or committing them, and if you're lucky it's the former.

Same sort of deal with institutions. Mental illnesses can't be cured. Institutions are just for quarantine, not treatment. Once you enter one, there's only one way out. I don't want to end up like that.

Look, nothing violent is happening here, everyone here can confirm that. Even the cop must've seen that. Let it go.
[doublepost=1523128620,1523126462][/doublepost]My Effective Modern C++ just arrived too. You wouldn't disturb a fella while he's reading, would you? That would just be rude.

Actually, I just had a neat idea. I'll bring the outside to me. Sun lamp, yo.

I'm not sure a sun lamp is really an alternative to fresh air and exercise. It can't do any harm (except maybe to your wallet) - but going for a walk or bike ride can do wonders to both your mental and physical health.

Was the above comment about police meant in jest? I find it difficult to imagine they had anything to do with this community - and anyway, it's a shame to malign the concept of policing, merely because some individuals are mindless thugs.

Sorry about that. Might still be a bit wired. Just spent an hour trying to nap, didn't get a single wink. Even last night was only about three hours or so. I just need to keep drinking water and peeing though, this'll pass soon.
[doublepost=1523135402,1523132556][/doublepost]
@EvilDragon I dunno if you're planning to ban me or not, but in the event that you do, I've decided that I actually do want my money back.

120 euros aka $150 USD isn't much to you guys, but it goes quite a long way for me.

serveimage.png

Idoha: No.

If I don't get a med change this time, I'm getting a psych change.
vs
My psych just tells me to get more sunlight and exercise and not focus on the meds, but that's bullshit.
Have you tried going out into the sun and getting exercise?
What do you have to lose by trying?
You seem to understand that you want to change things in your life, sunshine and exercise are a very cheap option.
How long do you try meds before you feel like they haven't improved things?
You really need to commit to a 4-6 days a week plan for a month (minimum 10 minute walk, work your way up to 30-40 minute). What I found when doing the 10 minute walk was the investment in starting the walk and unwinding upon completion was greater than the walk, so wanted to go for longer walks.
You aren't going to see benefits until month 3. That requires a real commitment from you.

I've just had a lovely not enough hours of sleep. :cool:
Same here, though fully my own fault. I was gaming until my alarm clock indicated it was time to get up :p

I went to bed for four hours and slept for a few of those. I feel surprisingly awake.

I'm guessing that my sleeplessness was due to my body deciding to troll me, since nothing has happened to cause me undue anxiety, I haven't been consuming multipacks of Red Bull etc.

Been napping quite a bit today. Actually, it's sort of a problem, I haven't been able to do anything else. No reading, coding, gaming, etc. This is the problem I keep having on my current med regimen. The only thing that seemed to help was caffeine, but that went a bit too far, though I did get my first GitHub commit of the year out while wired. I don't care what you guys think, I need a med change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back