The Appstore Exists Better Now

neomaster321365

Still Fresh
Craig has begun populating the appstore. Yay for probably not being the actual name.

Link to Twitter update: http://twitter.com/craigix

And a picture. :)

http://twitpic.com/12oiqa

EDIT: Edited to fix broken link.

Open *logo* Appstore - Love it!

The AppStore IS EXCELLENT!
LOOKS GREAT! Can't wait to use it!!

Quick question. Does the OS come with Open Office.Org pre installed like I have seen on the user_guide wiki?

What Is Included?
Ångström Linux: Lightweight beautiful Linux-based operating system for the Pandora.
Xfce: A full featured window manager for Linux.
Midori: A full features web browser, designed to be lighter and faster than a full desktop style browser.
OpenOffice: Full desktop document managing. Edit, create and manage your documents on the go. (really??)

I doubt OOo would be included by default. That'll instantly fill up the NAND, or a smaller flashcard. And it's one of the most annoying things to get compiled... Guess we'll have to make do with abiword...

Gruso said:
Check here for the officey stuff that should come preinstalled:

http://pandorawiki.o...#Other_programs (look for "Angstrom OpenPandora" in the notes)

The user manual page has some errors and needs a general cleanup. I'll have a look at that tonight.

The appstore is web based IIRC, so you can access it from PC, Pandora or anything.
That's cool actually. OOo is a complete beast so definitely should not be pre-installed. Obviously if anyone wants to compile it and get it running then cool! Abiword and Gnumeric is perfect for me though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
Check here for the officey stuff that should come preinstalled:

http://pandorawiki.o...#Other_programs (look for "Angstrom OpenPandora" in the notes)

The user manual page has some errors and needs a general cleanup. I'll have a look at that tonight.

The appstore is web based IIRC, so you can access it from PC, Pandora or anything.

Just a quick note. 3 of the links on this page are broken:

OpenGL Cell Shading Link working build

OpenGL Demo with MP3 Playback Link working build

OpenGL Skull Demo Link working build

Fishbong said:
I say, the appstore should be named appbox. Or appchest.
This is now an appstore name suggestion thread!

*throws rabid face eating monkeys at you*
if the name changes it will be to pnd something. but theres plenty of threads for name suggesting.

Fishbong said:
how about Craig's apphole?

jb0yx said:
Fishbong said:

What about just Pithos? It is the myth, Pandora open the "pithos" out of curiosity and she released all the contents within. It is through this the Pandora struggled but endured through the evils and demons and burdensome labor, and at the end there was hope. This is what Pandora brought, and Pithos is from whence the story of Pandora came.

jb0yx said:
Fishbong said:

haha thats an awesome name

think we need to stay away from vague names, it has to be a bit more straight-forward and just says what it does on the tin. nothing pretentious just download centre or pnd vault or pnd store

It's a bit late to be bringing this up, but... why not just use oscommerce?
Its the website we (read: I) use at work in order to handle e-commerce transactions. Its a simple but very modular code that just requires basic php and mysql, point being it already out of the box supports account creation, multiple administrators (people who would load their programs) and the checkout procedure would be able to be modified so that no credit card transaction would be necessary, it would just bypass it with a few lines of code.

If it's web based, then that project should just take a handful of hours to re-write the code to fit the specs you're looking for.

And on that note: developers who wished to charge for their programs would still be able to upload them pending administrator approval, and end users could still purchase software through the same scrips. I just don't know how you'd go about compensating the developers for the transaction is all.

I'd of mentioned all this sooner had I known it was a site, I figured it was a program that would just read .xml files online, or something.

Back