Appstore.. Really?

Mr.Confuzed said:
Monk said:
I think you just accidentally contributed.

LOL yeah, Portal's a pretty good word IMHO - I must admit I considered sugegsting it but assumed it must have been nabbed by someone by now. Plus, I'd love a proper clone of
Portal - ideally with new levels - on the Pandora!

torpor said:
I vote for "The Box" too .. its good. Very, very good.

But Craig kept telling us there would BE no box for Pandora... so it CAN'T be called that...

How about - App Library?

OpenMarket is good too, tho it doesn't seem to depart from the initial concern that it sounds like everything in it will cost money :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I don't like The Box at all. I don't like any of the suggestions so far.

But I have no suggestions of my own.

(most pointless post ever?.?)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
palmertech said:
I agree with the idea. The Nokia internet tablets had a "Garage", I always liked that.
Were not that posh, that's why I like the name Bike Shed :lol:
I've seen that posted quite a few times, so I finally looked it up. It's too awesome to ignore.

+1 for Bike Shed

Vlynndar said:
How about the 'international Pandora application database', or iPad, for short?
I don't think that that would lead to trouble.

We should put "open" in there somewhere. Maybe the 'international Pandora open application database,' or iPoad for short.

Some other suggestions would be the toolBox, or the toolShed. Or maybe the ToolPool?

Ok, so they aren't the greatest names.

Box is cool, I'd go with that.
Anything with "app" in just sounds lame these days IMO, straight out of Computers for dummies.
Has too much of a resemblance to a certain computer company.
And that computer company is basically the antithesis of what this open source hand-held project is all about!

Other than that, I don't care ;)

Is there gonna be a poll on this at some point?

Gerix said:
We should put "open" in there somewhere.

A shop for buying applications has not much do to with "open" if you mean the free and open-source "open".
I too think Appstore is a terrible name.

PNDshop sounds good to me.

What about something like this: http://www.openfeint.com/

Except, you know, more store-like and more "open"

To be honest all your suggestions sucks monkey balls. I thought I'd never do this without getting paid... But I designed a logo and came up with this name:

pndVault.com

And it's the best and should be used.

You can thank me by creating a lot of threads telling how great I am...

pndVault.com seems to be available as a domain name... not a bad choice IMO.

I have to say I'll be happy with "the box" too. Just don't name it appstore. Craig said the name was not final so I guess there is a good chance it won't be appstore :)

Pandora's Box or The Open Box would be pretty cool too....
Besides, I think The Open Box is an indicator towards the nature of our product.

I think 'Open Software Center' or 'Open Software Box' sounds better than what they have now, 'Open AppStore'.

DemonBox?

SuperBox?

MegaBox?

this could go on for while, make yourself a coffee :lol:

UltraBox

PlayBox

ToyBox

etc
etc
etc

klikklak said:
The Box or something generic so that it's easy to find, like program/application library or something.

'The Box' lends itself well to plenty of use, like "I just put the newest version up on The Box" or "Get on The Box and look at this new program" - I am all for this name

"This game is awesome! Where did you get it?"
"I found it in The Box."
"Wow, it's a good thing you didn't throw it away!"

It's like the box is still used to keep the Pandora interesting...only in a more ceremonial role...with no charge for shipping.

Back