Thank You For The Information!

MonkeyChops said:
Confirmed: Photos of a completed Pandora in a half hour :p
And after that, can ED make a HD (1080p) h.264 video of the final, complete Pandora running Doom III at 60fps with full shaders and ultra-high quality, alongside Firefox 3 with 14 tabs of youtube, with different music videos playing in harmony to create a beautiful backing track for Doom III, and all this whilst sitting in a aeroplane seat heading for a special CES dedicated to the Pandora, and the aeroplane seat having just become detached from the aeroplane and having fallen 3,124 feet before the Pandora's emergency mode kicks into gear, providing at 20-foot parachute with several inflatable seats for the rest of the dev team, who, by incredible coincidence, were travelling by cruise ship several miles below across the Atlantic. All this by 3 am tomorrow morning.
:p

Last edited by a moderator:
mazza558 said:
MonkeyChops said:
And after that, can ED make a HD (1080p) h.264 video of the final, complete Pandora running Doom III at 60fps with full shaders and ultra-high quality, alongside Firefox 3 with 14 tabs of youtube, with different music videos playing in harmony to create a beautiful backing track for Doom III, and all this whilst sitting in a aeroplane seat heading for a special CES dedicated to the Pandora, and the aeroplane seat having just become detached from the aeroplane and having fallen 3,124 feet before the Pandora's emergency mode kicks into gear, providing at 20-foot parachute with several inflatable seats for the rest of the dev team, who, by incredible coincidence, were travelling by cruise ship several miles below across the Atlantic. All this by 3 am tomorrow morning.

I was on the fence about buying a pandora, but now that I know it can do all this im sold!... ;)

Karas said:
mazza558 said:
MonkeyChops said:

I was on the fence about buying a pandora, but now that I know it can do all this im sold!... ;)

I know! And what's more, the dev team have just signed a deal with the military forces of several nations who demand Pandoras for their amazing parachute-whilst-playing-doom-III-at-full-detail-at-60-fps abilities.

The Community blog guys are fast as hell, but for the fairness it should be posted on the board at too :)
small blog update:
ED said:
I also got the mesh of the case today and started to work on them in 3dsmax. Unfortunately real life work got into my way, so I couldn't finish any photorealistic renderings today, though I'm halfway through, so expect them soon.

Also, I want to take videos of cpasjustes emulators soon, let's hope I'll find some time, as I'm pretty busy with my regular work at the moment...

Michael Weston mentioned the FDM case might arrive at his place about Monday, so he can post pictures of the final Pandora case (well, still FDM, not the shiny CNC'ed case, but that will be ordered when everything fits into the FDM case).

That's it for updates for today, see you soon :)

ED said:
Die LEDs sind schon noch da - allerdings nicht so, wie früher. Wartet auf mein Fotorealistisches Rendering, dann wird alles klar
Translation said:
The LEDs are still there, but not like they were before. Wait for my photorealistic rendering, that will make it clear.

I assume they'll be integrated in some totally awesome way into those horizontal indentations in the hinge... looking forward to those renders tomorrow. :D

http://www.openpandora.org/blog.php

pandorasneak.jpg

Those keys look real sexy.

Just noticed 2 white strips along the hinges. What are those, if the LEDS aren't modeled into the render yet?

A NEW FEATURE?!

EDIT: Oh shit, I think I know what they are. If it's what I think it is, it's pretty damn neat. All I have to say is, wiiiiiiiiiii! ;)

perhaps he meant the LEDS were not rendered being lit yet. Those almost have to be the LEDS just not lit up.

@MDave, I think as MonkeyChops, those are the missing leds. But you had a nice idea there... It'd be fun to have two IR leds, one at each side, to use with a wiimote, but I don't think there will be any of that, hehe.

EDIT: So what do you think it is, then? make a bet ;)

Perhaps the LEDs we knew about will be on the left, with new ones on the right? Like memory usage, etc.

No. There's no LEDs now as they got lost in the conversion rates. ;)

ED just hasn't got round to doing them yet.

TaG said:
No. There's no LEDs now as they got lost in the conversion rates. ;)

ED just hasn't got round to doing them yet.
I've read that just yet on the blog, because I was so stunned by the render :lol:
But still, it could mean, that just the light is missing on that render. Even on previous case versions the LED light was transmitted through transparent plastic inserts. That's a common way when using SMD LEDs soldered directly to the PCB.

mali said:
But still, it could mean, that just the light is missing on that render. Even on previous case versions the LED light was transmitted through transparent plastic inserts. That's a common way when using SMD LEDs soldered directly to the PCB.
yes, I bet you are correct.

I can't wait to see final renders and possibly a final case on monday. Or at least the bottom half.
Gonna be the best Monday I've had in awhile. (they usually blow pretty hard)

mali said:
ED said:
Die LEDs sind schon noch da - allerdings nicht so, wie früher. Wartet auf mein Fotorealistisches Rendering, dann wird alles klar
Translation said:
The LEDs are still there, but not like they were before. Wait for my photorealistic rendering, that will make it clear.
:rolleyes:
Doubtful they are anything other than plastic inserts for the LED's.. but there is no harm in hoping ;)

Back