No, Really, How Are Things Going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorBradley

We don't like to keep posting info because it tends to be out of date within hours (then gets quoted for weeks)..

I'll try not to belabour the point. I (and others) are not trying to demand information. I am trying to help Craig & Co be more successful with their project.

The lack of dissemination of information about Pandora production is harmful to the project's success. When asked a question about production status, replying to the effect "Things are going great! Stop asking questions." sets off alarm bells. It's what companies that are having major difficulties say when things are getting out of control. I'm not saying that's what's happening here (correlation is not causation), but that's the image that's being projected to us as customers.

Yes, information gets out of date and changes quickly. That's all the more reason to have more frequent updates. I would gladly see a delay in production of a week if it meant that Craig took 5 minutes out of his busy schedule to give us a brief update once a week. This would actually *save* time: disseminating this information in a consistent fashion would cut down on the rumour mill and the paranoia substantially.

Again, this is not a demand, but a constructive criticism. As pre-orderers we have a sense of ownership in the project and feel that this is our project too. There is fear, uncertainty and doubt on the forum about the production process for a reason. I'd love to see these forums work together as a constructive force to sell the Pandora the most awesome device ever rather than have us tear each other apart over third hand rumours.

Here, here. Right now my greatest worry is the state of this community, not whether or not I'll receive a Pandora (I don't see any reason to worry about that yet - it's not mid-November). I just hope a decent community remains once we actually have Pandoras in-hand.

With all this talk of switching banks and nothing concrete on the table, the only thing I see is growing hysteria. Craigix needs to step in with some form of news. Good or bad. And by that, I don't mean a three-line reply to a random forum post.

Making up details we don't have won't "help the project" either. Anybody who is unhappy with the state of the project is welcome to request a refund. Heck, a bunch of us are getting one anyway ;)

Much more info coming soon, as in the next 24 hours or so. I'm just waiting to confirm a couple things. Until then, keep your shorts on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back