Release [Teaser] The Bestest Game Ever

Game should start out with wider gaps between the tubes, then slowly narrow them. I still have max score of 4.

Game should start out with wider gaps between the tubes, then slowly narrow them. I still have max score of 4.
I'll make an easy mode at some point :) I don't have time right now, but will do.
What about hard and extreme?
A mode just for you basically ? :)
Yeah, maybe not worth it if I'd be the only one who would play it.

I guess I'll have to go back to working my own game (which I think I quickly mentioned in this thread before) and make sure it's challenging enough.

Hard mode would be cool. Make the pipes very close together, with a small trending (perlin noise?) flow to the gaps. Make the gaps get smaller as you progress :)

D.

attachicon.gif
flappybird3.png
attachicon.gif
flappybird4.png
attachicon.gif
flappybird5.png
attachicon.gif
flappybird6.png
attachicon.gif
flappybird7.png
attachicon.gif
flappybird8.png
attachicon.gif
flappybird9.png
attachicon.gif
flappybird10.png
attachicon.gif
flappybird11.png
attachicon.gif
flappybird12.png

Don't ask me why I took all these screenshots. I have no idea.
You quite clearly seem to like torture...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I need to fix that. It's funny though I rarely see such cases and my mean scores are usually around 40-50.
It doesn't happen very often to me either so it's not a huge problem in my opinion. Of course it's still annoying when it happens.

Yeah I need to fix that. It's funny though I rarely see such cases and my mean scores are usually around 40-50.
It doesn't happen very often to me either so it's not a huge problem in my opinion. Of course it's still annoying when it happens.
It's been a while I did not see it myself so thanks for reporting it. I will fix that very soon.

By the way, new build in the repo which should have fixed the impossible levels.
Tested the new version and had a couple of situations that might still be impossible. I'm not completely sure though.

flappybird13.pngflappybird14.png

Please check and see if you can still find super hard areas :)
Looking better so far. I've seen a few situations similar to the ones in my previous screenshots but slightly easier. Those were still hard but I don't think I've seen anything impossible in this version.

Is it good to update this all the time while running a competition with it?

Is it good to update this all the time while running a competition with it?
Oops, looks like the answer i sent days ago did not go through. Yes, it's good since it removes the possibility of having impossible levels. Therefore it makes the competition more fair, if anything.

By the way, new update in the repo :

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=flappybird

Flappy Bird now runs at 60 fps thanks to Notaz's help on the matter. Many thanks to him! Now the game is completely smooth and you can even see the LCD ghosting on the darker levels! I hope you enjoy this change as much as I do.

Back