Release Squared!

Just want to share my work of the past few weeks.

(mostly done during lunch breaks on a nice bench beneath a dead oak tree and ocassionally in a chinese restaurant - the Pandora is just so cool :) )

V0.2.4.0 - 19.09.2014
Nice "game over" animation
Display of the current best tile

Next thing will be C4A - which unfortunately cant't be done during lunch breaks :wacko: .

As usual I don't promise any time table - so expect the next release in the usual "Two Months ". ^_^

Ok, I finally made it: this is "Squared!" with C4A support.

C4A is automatically switched on if a C4A profile is found - even if the server is not available (e.g. because wifi is off)

Thanks to Ziz's fantastic Fusilli Client C4A scores are cached and uploaded the next time the server is available.

You can switch C4A off (and back on) by pressing "C".

If C4A is on you can switch between "all time highscores" and "this months best" by pressing "M"

(This is more or less a workaround because I still haven't implemented a nice "game options" screen).

I hope everything works smoothly!

Have fun - I'm looking forward to your scores...

V0.3.0.0 - 29.10.2014
C4A support
Display of the top 9 scores (C4A or local)
Display of the max. tile for current and best score

Ok, I finally made it: this is "Squared!" with C4A support.

C4A is automatically switched on if a C4A profile is found - even if the server is not available (e.g. because wifi is off)

Thanks to Ziz's fantastic Fusilli Client C4A scores are cached and uploaded the next time the server is available.

You can switch C4A off (and back on) by pressing "C".

If C4A is on you can switch between "all time highscores" and "this months best" by pressing "M"

(This is more or less a workaround because I still haven't implemented a nice "game options" screen).

I hope everything works smoothly!

Have fun - I'm looking forward to your scores...

V0.3.0.0 - 29.10.2014

C4A support

Display of the top 9 scores (C4A or local)

Display of the max. tile for current and best score
Yay for C4A support :)

But isnt there a maximum top score to reach? 

That would be not much of a competition if someone reaches that cap. 

But isnt there a maximum top score to reach? 

That would be not much of a competition if someone reaches that cap.
But you have to reach it once per month. It is quite hard for me to get more than 11000. ;)

It works!

But did sebt3 really get over 70,000 points? This is possible? O_O

I love that the game saves where you left off, great idea. 

Another thing: I sometimes see ghost moves, either they come out of nowhere or the button presses are somewhat delayed. 

Someone with mathematical knowledge could probably calculate the highest possible score.

In practice there is the slight randomness in where the new tiles are appearing and if it's a 2 or a 4.

Just try reaching Sebt3's score as a first step :p !

(He's relly good at this - my top score from before C4A times is at about 57.000)

About the "ghost moves" thing: I didn't encounter that,

You can press a button while the tiles are still sliding, though.

The move will then be made after the slide is ready.

But from your description I think you are talking about something else?

Yeah, for example a sudden move to right while i only pressed a few times down. Got that three times so far. 

But if noone else has seen it yet its save to assume that its a problem on my end. 

Okey has really noone so far seen this ghost moves? 

They are starting to really annoy me.

Those moves are definetly not in a direction i ever pressed, plus they animate different from normal moves, extremely fast. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The game has been working pretty well for me! No ghost moves from what I can tell. However I have gotten freezes after hitting the 6000 point range that force a hard reset. I will try to get ahold of the .out file for you to look at the next time it happens.

The game has been working pretty well for me! No ghost moves from what I can tell. However I have gotten freezes after hitting the 6000 point range that force a hard reset. I will try to get ahold of the .out file for you to look at the next time it happens.
I had the same with a too overclocked Pandora. Try again with a lower CPU Frequency!

I had the same with a too overclocked Pandora. Try again with a lower CPU Frequency!
I also had it in my non-overclocked Gigahertz model. I was in a plane and not in position to ssh and take a look at .out.

I will try running under Minimenu for now in the hopes that the Pandora button will be able to kill the app without a hard reset.

All the "freeze" I got so far was related to network-manager stealing the focus...

Those moves are definetly not in a direction i ever pressed, plus they animate different from normal moves, extremely fast.
 Hm. Looks like some problem with the key buffer.

(Fast animations are normal when processing buffered keypresses...)

I will take a close look at the key-buffer code as soon as I find some time.

ptitSeb said:
I also had it in my non-overclocked Gigahertz model.
I got a nasty freeze on my 1 GHz Model (running at 1 GHz) during tests a while ago, too.

I also had to do a hard reset. I was not able to reproduce this, though...

Maybe there really is an issue somewhere. I am thankfull for any debugging help (.out files etc.)...

Back