Release Squared!

Okey has really noone so far seen this ghost moves? 

They are starting to really annoy me.

Those moves are definetly not in a direction i ever pressed, plus they animate different from normal moves, extremely fast. 
It's probably something else but could it be that you've been pressing diagonals accidentally?

Weird - I've started to get this phantom moves phenomenon now.

Definitely didn't notice it before, but now it happens pretty much every game played!

Only other thing I've noticed is that the game over screen tends to s-l-o-w e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g to a crawl - if online, it can hang at this point needing a reset.

I just used Sparrow C4a to upload my cached scores for squared - there were 58 scores sitting in it, and it completed the task without complaint - but when I checked the c4a scores online, it hasn't registered the highest score (I'm not too bothered, it was 27,088 not 1st place!). Maybe indicative of there being a potential issue of accumulating too many scores offline?

I postet a link to your issue over in the fusilli client thread in the development section.

Maybe Ziz can take a look at it...

It submitted everything but the highest score? Quite interesting behaviour. I will have a look at it.

is this on purpose ? :)

[ if userscore > Zizscore then DoNotSubMit() & PretendItsAbug() ]
Of course not! I wait for this feature until every ptitseb PND uses the NAND version of the fusilli client, which I will "improve". ;)
I just used Sparrow C4a to upload my cached scores for squared - there were 58 scores sitting in it, and it completed the task without complaint - but when I checked the c4a scores online, it hasn't registered the highest score (I'm not too bothered, it was 27,088 not 1st place!). Maybe indicative of there being a potential issue of accumulating too many scores offline?
I did find time to investigate. Some questions. As always:Are you sure, that every of the other 57 scores was committed?

Was the best score your first or last score in the cache?

I counted all the submissions showing on c4a from me on 15/Nov, and there are only 35, so a sizeable chunk were ignored, overwritten or whatever.

The highest score would have been in the most recent two or three scores, I can't be certain I didn't play a game after that.

I counted all the submissions showing on c4a from me on 15/Nov, and there are only 35, so a sizeable chunk were ignored, overwritten or whatever.

The highest score would have been in the most recent two or three scores, I can't be certain I didn't play a game after that.
This is QUITE interesting. I will have a look tomorrow. Thanks for now!

hum, I've got a problem too with squared! and c4a... for some reasons I don't seems to be able to submit score above 3k... or is there an altogether reason for this? :D guess I'll concentrate on prototype instead :)

nope, that's not related to Ziz's work. the fault is Gandi's, that games won't let me get higher score... it is probably broken :D

I postet a link to your issue over in the fusilli client thread in the development section.

Maybe Ziz can take a look at it...
I took a look. First of all you seem to use an outdated version of the fusilli client (1.2.0.2), the recent version is 1.3.0.0. Keep in mind, that the default behaviour of ./fusilli --cache push has changed. It will cache only the best score of a sessions to avoid cache spaming. So maybe this will fix Asmo's issue.
I did test the recent version with 20 dummy submits, which are cached and submitting properly. :\

Thanks for taking a look!

I hope I will find the time to update the pnd at the weekend...

(My PC is suffering from a HD crash right now - this is something, I will have to take care of this weekend, too - at least to find a temporary solution).

The version of Sparrow I used is the latest (from 02/Nov)

Hm, good point.How long did it take? 15 seconds?
Yes, no longer than usual - although there was one odd thing that happened, after it had uploaded the scores, it still showed 1 score cached, so I hit submit again, and it went through the process again without complaint.

Hm, good point.How long did it take? 15 seconds?
Yes, no longer than usual - although there was one odd thing that happened, after it had uploaded the scores, it still showed 1 score cached, so I hit submit again, and it went through the process again without complaint.
Thank you VERY much! That was the clue. Sparrow-C4A-Manager has IN FACT a bug. >.<
If 15 seconds are not enough to submit all scores, it cancel it, delete the cache file and create a new one with the missing caches. I don't want to be too detailed here, but: This fails. Only one cache (per game) is written - and not even the best one...

However: I fixed Sparrow-C4A-Manager and a new fusilli client version is online, too. ;)

New Version on the repo.
Very minor change, though,

V0.3.1.0 - 23.11.2014

Updated to the latest version of the fusilli client

Last edited by a moderator:
We have to admit, Skeezix low feature spaghetti client had it advantages. ^^'

Back