Surprise Attack!

Wandering Pyra is a nice idea to actually get a feel for it before it is ready
I'm not quite sure why I'd need to get a feel of it - I've aleady committed to a preorder, and if I tried out a prototype the best I could do is decide to keep my preorder, and the worst is to ask for my money back. If I was wavering, maybe it could stop me from cancelling, but I think personally what will steady me more is to see videos of it running real stuff.

I had the idea that the wandering pyra is more geared towards users that could help implement things into it but may not be going to buy one early.

I had the idea that the wandering pyra is more geared towards users that could help implement things into it but may not be going to buy one early.

I was under the impression people implementing things were to have their own prototypes

I'm not quite sure why I'd need to get a feel of it - I've aleady committed to a preorder, and if I tried out a prototype the best I could do is decide to keep my preorder, and the worst is to ask for my money back. If I was wavering, maybe it could stop me from cancelling, but I think personally what will steady me more is to see videos of it running real stuff.

I'm committed too but it would be nice to play with one a bit early. Even if the OS is not 100% ready it would still run a few things.

And many others. For example, as far as I suspect, the phone software might need a lot of help and that could come from people who are not going to get a pyra right away but have the knowledge and will to do so.

Maybe the unit should go to members who would be willing to hit up YouTube with first impression videos.
Helping to get the word out. A guerilla marketing campaign of sorts.

Edit: lol

Last edited:
Maybe the unit should go to members who would be willing to hit up YouTube with first impression videos.
Helping to get the word out. A gorilla marketing campaign of sorts.

But I suspect that will happen automatically as users here get their Pyra.
I get the idea that the Pyra is going to sell little but constantly, no "iphony" millions on day one.

Therefore, the wandering Pyra could do really good helping the system achieve a better condition as fast as possible instead of just a preview in the hands of those who are going to have it one way or the other.

But I suspect that will happen automatically as users here get their Pyra.
I get the idea that the Pyra is going to sell little but constantly, no "iphony" millions on day one.

Therefore, the wandering Pyra could do really good helping the system achieve a better condition as fast as possible instead of just a preview in the hands of those who are going to have it one way or the other.
I agree. However, we have no release date for the Pyra. Evil Dragon could seize the opportunity to lure fence sitters.
Heck, it was watching YouTube videos that made me take a chance and preorder.
An added benefit of this plan would be untainted impressions.

FWIW: I think the term is usually spelled 'guerilla marketing'.
Kind of belongs in the absurdism corner because Gorillas are actually vegans but still a nice ad.

I'm all for gorilla marketing.

TS6cT50.jpg
1dv495.jpg
1dv4sv.jpg
freedom.jpg

Ok, the second one isn't a gorilla but most people won't notice. :D

Last edited:
FWIW: I think the term is usually spelled 'guerilla marketing'.
I actually searched for "gorilla marketing" after reading Prozac's post, because I thought it might be some special form of guerrilla marketing I wasn't aware of. :oops:

Back