SuperZaxxon v1.55 released!

Another thing that is bothering me (sorry for all the complaints ;-) ): Will the clock ever be fixed? It still gets completely out of sync after a while, probably caused by somethng going wrong when the Pandora wakes up after suspend/standby. Kind of a waste of space to have a clock n the tak bar, when it never shows the real time ...

Another thing that is bothering me (sorry for all the complaints ;-) ): Will the clock ever be fixed? It still gets completely out of sync after a while, probably caused by somethng going wrong when the Pandora wakes up after suspend/standby. Kind of a waste of space to have a clock n the tak bar, when it never shows the real time ...
Mine is always out after coming out of "standby" (lid closed) while charging

I have the clock issue from time to time - I think it is related to standby... hmmm

I just try to synch when I'm online (can it do this automatically on first connection - perhaps only once per day?)

Mine is always out after coming out of "standby" (lid closed) while charging
Something like that here too, yes.

I have the clock issue from time to time - I think it is related to standby... hmmm

I just try to synch when I'm online (can it do this automatically on first connection - perhaps only once per day?)
This would be a good solution in the meantime - syncing in the background once a day if online. 

Can this be implemented?

It really is an annoying issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. syncing once a day or even more often would be great and it should be easy to implement ...

Sync whenever a connection is established (including after suspend) and hourly thereafter?

Its not as though it needs much network capacity.

I'd like to note that the updates have improved device compatibility. I just tried my Logitech MX Anywhere mouse using the requisite mini USB-A cable and was pleasantly surprised to find that it now works. Pandora now recognises the Logitech Unifying receiver. I'll try my Aliemware mouse on it tomorrow, but this discovery has pleased me.

Is it possible to force "Upgrade Pandora OS" to install/update the OS? I would like it to install all files from the v1.55 update again, hopefully fixing my WiFi problem. Right now, the log file only tells me that it updated the list of available packages, and I suspect that it doesn't find any new packages and therefore doesn't install anything.

Mindlord reported a typo in a script which seems to affect libpnd when compiled for another OS:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/9797-slackware-for-pandora-140/?p=272585

Not sure if this has been fixed in -current, but in 14.0 I found a bug in /init.d/pndnotifyd.

line 22 is:

$PNDNOTIFY -d 

the varible is undefined on my system, so pndnotifyd fails to run. I changed the line to:

/usr/bin/pndnotifyd -d

and now init.d takes care of the pndnotifyd daemon for me.
I don't know where else the undefined variable $PNDNOTIFY might be being used so you might want to look into defining it somewhere.

If you have clock issues, sometimes it's because the hardware clock and the system clock are not synced. It helps to sync the time and then set the hardware clock using

Code:
sudo hwclock -w

Yes it helps, but the point is that the OS should take care of this, not the user.

Also, my WiFi problem seems to be caused by something in my profile (/home/username). I will try to find out what caused the problem and report back ... if anyone is interested ... which I doubt ...

what about codecs for this? isn't the old codec pack a bit outdated? all I find is from 2010...
and the DSP installer pnd's kernel makes 1.55 unable to boot, so yeah... what should i do for codecs? ^^

gnome-player seems obsolete, and I'm sure theres been bugfixes on that point too, as well as perhaps some optimizations in codecs..? so why not? why do people want new sgx drivers? ;P

Mindlord reported a typo in a script which seems to affect libpnd when compiled for another OS:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/9797-slackware-for-pandora-140/?p=272585

Not sure if this has been fixed in -current, but in 14.0 I found a bug in /init.d/pndnotifyd.

line 22 is:

$PNDNOTIFY -d

the varible is undefined on my system, so pndnotifyd fails to run. I changed the line to:

/usr/bin/pndnotifyd -d

and now init.d takes care of the pndnotifyd daemon for me.

I don't know where else the undefined variable $PNDNOTIFY might be being used so you might want to look into defining it somewhere.
Forgot to mention that the script is in /pandora-libraries/testdata/sh/

Wow, I finally found out what broke my WiFi! And it turned out to be an old friend of mine, the Xfce Power Manager :-(

When "power-button-action" is set to anything else than "0", then WiFi will not be reactivated after the Pandora was sent to "sleep" via the power button. Awesome to see this punching my face again and making me re-flashing again and forcing me to set up everything (almost) from scratch!

Now i have two questions:

1) Why do Xfce settings interfere with "Pandora settings" (scripts or whatever) or vice versa?

2) Am I the only one to use Xfce settings? (Is everyone else either completely ignoring customization or fiddling with config-files and scripts instead of using an existing UI?)

Back